Euro in SK: should we make a press release or something?

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

WinstonSmith
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Euro in SK: should we make a press release or something?

Post by WinstonSmith »

Hi there,
as Slovakia's accession date to the Eurozone gets closer, the time looks right to talk a bit about coordinating our efforts for spreading the word about EBT among the newcomers.
I'm sorry if this theme could have already been dealt with in other languages, but I found nothing in the English section.

In 2007, the introduction of the euro in Slovenia was a big success for us, thanks to an "avalanche effect" - I can't remember who managed to make it start, and how. EBT was widely advertised in the news reports dealing with the new currency, and we had a tremendous number of users registering right since January 1st.

In 2008, the euro came to Malta and Cyprus right when our website was split in two parts, both being flooded with fake notes and insulting profile names. We got some users from there - especially from Malta - but we could have done something better.

Has anything been already planned as of how to contact the Slovakian press and make sure they know that, if there's some blank space left on the frontpage article about the euro to be published January 1st, they can mention EBT?
Especially, do some eastern Austrian users - due to their proximity - have direct links with Slovakia or the Slovakian press, or does anybody master (for some reason) the language, so that (s)he's able to translate a possible press release of us in Slovakian for the local newspapers?

;)
wisi
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Re: Euro in SK: should we make a press release or something?

Post by wisi »

If I know it correcly, there is already a press release which has been translated to slovakian. I am not sure if it is already published.
€€F
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by €€F »

On soccerproject are many players from Slowakia.
I will contact some of them.
The good thing is they easily spread this kind of news.
If you can't solve it it's not a problem..

my stats
WinstonSmith
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by WinstonSmith »

That's nice, €€F, I hope they'll spread the word :)

But direct contact with the press is something that's worth trying, during the first weeks every magazine will try and make its own special report about the euro, so that a small effort by us could potentially result in a tremendous amount of free advertisement about EBT.
Wisi, did you mean that the working group of A2E is already dealing / has already dealt with that? I didn't find any official press release on the website or the forums... :)
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

WinstonSmith wrote:That's nice, €€F, I hope they'll spread the word :)

But direct contact with the press is something that's worth trying, during the first weeks every magazine will try and make its own special report about the euro, so that a small effort by us could potentially result in a tremendous amount of free advertisement about EBT.
Wisi, did you mean that the working group of A2E is already dealing / has already dealt with that? I didn't find any official press release on the website or the forums... :)
There is a WG dealing with this.

The press release will be published at the launch of the Euro, therefor on January 1, 2009. There is no use to send anything before as the interested people would have no bills to register prior to that date.
€€F
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by €€F »

anyone who is able to translate a small piece of text from english to slowak, kindly PM me!
If you can't solve it it's not a problem..

my stats

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”