Total votes: 41

EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Forum spam from the webmaster of a competing site

Post by EuroBillTracker »

Hello,

[this is a translation of my post on censorship in the french discussion forum]

The French discussion threads were hijacked this afternoon by the webmaster of followmyeuro.com (Didier Lombet) and his associate, nicknamed Odin. Refer to this

Their posts were aggressive and derogatory and included insults to my girlfriend and I (and sexual innuendo). A picture available on my personal website was posted in the forum (and crude sexist remarks were made). My professional compentencies were reflected upon in a bad light by someone who doesn't even know me !

Furthermore, they used pseudonymes for their first posts, until they were discovered based on their unique internet addresses which stayed the same for over a month as well as their writing style.

This site is supposed to be fun for you but also for me. I am not here to be insulted and will not put up with people who make offensive comments on myself or my family. I am against censorship but the limit has been reached (In fact, none of their previous posts were censured, even those where they clearly attempted to divert users to their site).
All their offensive messages were therefore removed by me and their IP subdomains were banned.

They have and they will attempt to post again in the forum (I have already had to ban IP addresses multiple times over the last hour since they have switched IPs at least 5 times, this may impact legitimate users. If you are getting banned, please send me an email). They will attempt again, no doubt and probably use various pseudonymes. Don't be surprised if you see offensive messages or messages which cast unreasonable doubt on this site.

If you wish to have more information, a couple users which were present during the afternoon will be able to answer your questions here. I am thinking of Olivier, Craco and The Watcher. Their replies to the messages were saved.

I will not let these people discourage me or enter an absurde battle.

Eurobilltracker.com is the largest euro tracking site on the Internet, it offers the most functionality. I hope that I respect my users enough, unlike those people, and that my future work on the site will keep it that way.
Last edited by EuroBillTracker on Thu Apr 11, 2002 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
mts
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by mts »

Childish, very immature.. They're only harming themselves and their site.

I voted no, that has been my opinion since the beginning of this forum.
sralfalo
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by sralfalo »

I voted "no" and if somebody says that will new users keep away from the forum I have to say, if a newbie is interested and has no bad things in mind he`ll register.

Lars

Post by Guest »

Very childish indeed. But is there anything you can't do about it.
The best thing to is, to ignore those guys, I think.

Rob.
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by emmem »

Rob(Anonymous) wrote: The best thing to is, to ignore those guys, I think.
I completely agree with that.

But IMHO enhancing the policy of the forum will be a good idea too.

I did a little search on the net about this and came up with the following links :

http://www.recording.org/newbies.html
http://www.teawamutu.co.nz/news/forum/rules.shtml

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”