Cypriot Notes

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Cypriot Notes

Post by maarsy »

http://nl.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=83173840" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

its not the first in italy but dont think any one reported details yet

G009/G0085
JanV
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by JanV »

This Year the production of Cyprus ( ECB) will be delivered by:
:note-5: Oberthur
:note-20: Johan Enschedé
Central Bank of Cyprus wrote: Dear Mr. Vxxx Jan,

I wish to refer to your email of 2/1/2011 and to reply as follows;

- Oberthur Technologies will be printing for Cyprus EUR5. Apart from EUR5
Cyprus will also supply the Eurosystem with EUR20. Joh. Enschedé Banknotes
will be printing EUR20 for Cyprus.
- We do not know when these banknotes will come into circulation. This is
depending on the demand from the public. Also it is depending on the choice
of circulating sorted fit or new banknotes. The eurobanknotes supplied by
Cyprus will be distributed among the Eurosystem Central Banks.

Best regards,

Mxxxx Oxxxxxxx (Mrs)
Assistant Director
Currency Section
Domestic Banking Operations Department
Central Bank of Cyprus
JanV
R/J
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by R/J »

JanV wrote:This Year the production of Cyprus ( ECB) will be delivered by:
This was about 90% certain.
This was about 99 % certain. But good to see confirmation. Now we wait until they show up somewhere.
My NIG stats have finally disappeared. My EBTST stats are still available.
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

R/J wrote:
JanV wrote:This Year the production of Cyprus ( ECB) will be delivered by:
This was about 90% certain.
This was about 99 % certain. But good to see confirmation. Now we wait until they show up somewhere.
Why was this so certain? I have no idea what kind of logic can be used for determining which printer will print which notes..
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
R/J
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by R/J »

The contract the Netherlands signed with their printers (in 2009) had an option to extend the contract for (I believe) up to two years. It makes sense that if the new countries and Finland and Luxembourg join them, that they print at the same printer.
JanV
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by JanV »

R/J wrote:The contract the Netherlands signed with their printers (in 2009) had an option to extend the contract for (I believe) up to two years. It makes sense that if the new countries and Finland and Luxembourg join them, that they print at the same printer.
The Netherlands is the main participant in de Join European Tender Group ( Finland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Malta, Cyprus, Luxembourg, ???? ). In the new tender for the 2012 printing orders these countries participate in de Dutch tender. But the small countries are not bound to this tender instead of "De Nederlandse Bank". I assume that this is the same for the current Dutch contracts with Johan Enschede en Oberthur: The other countries could participate but are permitted to choose another printer.
De Nederlandsche Bank wrote: II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
(....)
All Participating NCBs except DNB have a right but not an obligation to enter their respective orders under the framework agreements. DNB is obliged to enter its order under one or more framework agreement(s) resulting from this restricted European tender procedure.
The national banks of Finland and Slovakia have send me a mail that they don't provide the name of the printer. So there is a chance that some of the participants of the Join European Tender Group choose another printer.

JanV
R/J
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by R/J »

JanV wrote:
R/J wrote:The contract the Netherlands signed with their printers (in 2009) had an option to extend the contract for (I believe) up to two years. It makes sense that if the new countries and Finland and Luxembourg join them, that they print at the same printer.
The Netherlands is the main participant in de Join European Tender Group ( Finland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Malta, Cyprus, Luxembourg, ???? ). In the new tender for the 2012 printing orders these countries participate in de Dutch tender. But the small countries are not bound to this tender instead of "De Nederlandse Bank". I assume that this is the same for the current Dutch contracts with Johan Enschede en Oberthur: The other countries could participate but are permitted to choose another printer.
De Nederlandsche Bank wrote: II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
(....)
All Participating NCBs except DNB have a right but not an obligation to enter their respective orders under the framework agreements. DNB is obliged to enter its order under one or more framework agreement(s) resulting from this restricted European tender procedure.
The national banks of Finland and Slovakia have send me a mail that they don't provide the name of the printer. So there is a chance that some of the participants of the Join European Tender Group choose another printer.

JanV
Very interesting information.

I didn't know that there was a name for the group of these countries. Regarding the countries in it, this year's :note-20: production is CY, FR, MT, LU, NL, SI, SK, FI. I Guess they're all members of the group, except for France.

And as I said in my previous post: It makes sense that they order from the same printer. (And add to it: but it doesn't have to be that way.)
melitikus
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by melitikus »

what happened to the Cypriot banknotes they are not that common and much more rare than the Maltese ones (according to the diffusion pie chart)
Ewri
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ewri »

melitikus wrote:what happened to the Cypriot banknotes they are not that common and much more rare than the Maltese ones (according to the diffusion pie chart)
According to the notes table, the Maltese notes are twice the Cypriot ones, albeit the latter have been in circulation for a longer time. However, I am recently noting a small increase in the Cypriot notes in circulation in Malta.
Elmo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Elmo »

Most Cypriot bills have been pooled to Spain, and tiny amounts to Finland and Holland. Since Spain is an EBT desert, the number of inserted Cypriot banknotes is rather limited.

Maltese bills on the other hand have been pooled to Spain and especially the EBT oases Belgium and Slovenia (and also tiny amounts to Austria and Holland). That's why there are so many more Maltese bills into the system, even though the number of Maltese bills produced is smaller than the number of Cypriot bills (F0159 versus G0196).

Should more Cypriot bills start circulating in Finland (or another EBT oasis), the number of Cypriot bills will rise rapidly.
Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are 'It might have been.' - Kurt Vonnegut
melitikus
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by melitikus »

thanks that explains it all

Elmo wrote:Most Cypriot bills have been pooled to Spain, and tiny amounts to Finland and Holland. Since Spain is an EBT desert, the number of inserted Cypriot banknotes is rather limited.

Maltese bills on the other hand have been pooled to Spain and especially the EBT oases Belgium and Slovenia (and also tiny amounts to Austria and Holland). That's why there are so many more Maltese bills into the system, even though the number of Maltese bills produced is smaller than the number of Cypriot bills (F0159 versus G0196).

Should more Cypriot bills start circulating in Finland (or another EBT oasis), the number of Cypriot bills will rise rapidly.
R/J
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by R/J »

Elmo wrote:Most Cypriot bills have been pooled to Spain, and tiny amounts to Finland and Holland. Since Spain is an EBT desert, the number of inserted Cypriot banknotes is rather limited.

But... Where are then G/H :note-20:?
If you take a look at the G-printed :note-20:s
P(1752268)
L(70395)
F(23019)
E(15094)
G(11196)
H(1209)

Did they really print just 10% of the Cypriot notes? Or where they all pooled to a country where there are no EBT'ers at all?
dserrano5
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by dserrano5 »

R/J wrote:But... Where are then G/H :note-20:? [...] Did they really print just 10% of the Cypriot notes? Or where they all pooled to a country where there are no EBT'ers at all?
I can say they haven't been pooled to Spain. 60% of my notes are :note-20:s, of which:

G/F: 201
G/G: 116
G/H: 2

Maybe they are in Greece...
debemaks
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by debemaks »

Same for Italy, I just got 3 of them as a whole!
I collect and swap 2€ CC, PM for swap!!!!
Do you like card fighting games? Try this one!!
www.palerici.it - Skype: debemaks - my NIG stats
my EBTST stats

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”