Notes rotation in banks outside eurozone

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

Dawizz
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Notes rotation in banks outside eurozone

Post by Dawizz »

I was talking about the fact that the note was in a horrible condition, very used, very dirty, very wrinkled etc. I was so surprised to see such a bill coming from a bank! and then the lady in the crocery store dind't want it! c'mon money is money! some Europeans should go to places like India and see the bills they have over there, I bet they'll have a heart attack! after having bills that look like they came from the gutter or some other horrible place like that. I have one such bills in my collection, I'll try to take a picture and post it here.
Born too late to explore the Globe. Born too early to explore the Stars. Born just in time to see the World implode.
Nam Som
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by Nam Som »

In Bangkok airport you can get euros easily. Just outside departure level is many exchangeoffices and you can leave your thaibaths there and get euros.
But you have to do that there. Arrivallevel you can only get baths. Most banks in Thailand won't give you euros. They sent them to main branch in Bangkok. I don't know why. I have tried get euros in several banks in Isan, but got none.
Luumi
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Luumi »

I also noticed that in Bangkok bank offices can't or won't change euros to bahts & euros, but if you go to Khaosan Road area (where is more tourists than anywhere else in Bangkok), you probably atleast double your chances to get euros back. I got once 2x :note-5:, 2x :note-10: and 2x :note-20: in change from one money exchange booth near Khaosan Road! 8)
Finnish forum moderator
Support team member
Finnish 16th / International 178th (Oct 2023)
Asiamaniac
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Asiamaniac »

Yeah, the airport in Bangkok...

During our trip through Malaysia we did get Euros, but out of Kuala Lumpur it was sometimes quite strainous. Then, on our way back home flying Thai International and thus having a stopover at Suvarnabhumi-Airport in BKK, things were like paradise. Euro bills in quite an abundance. :D
Meine Angst, dass die Autokorrektur einmal etwas Obszönes ausspuckt, wichst täglich.

Post by Guest »

£5 are usually more worn in the UK because they are rarely stocked in ATMs.

£10 and £20 are the most common notes. £20 are more likely to be brand new.
groentje
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by groentje »

Someone has any experience with Scottish and Northern Irish banks? Are euros ready available? Or do they have to be ordered?
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

groentje wrote:Someone has any experience with Scottish and Northern Irish banks? Are euros ready available? Or do they have to be ordered?

try a post office u will have more luck

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”