iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/2015)

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/20

Post by lmviterbo »

Baumchen wrote:So all you want is an InApp Browser which shows that specific site?
I hadn't thought of an InApp browser, just a button with a link to open the default browser, but that seems to be even better, of course!

Thanks!
xja
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/20

Post by xja »

Sometimes I forget that I have entered a specific note, this happens often with notes from my parent's wallets.
There is a slightly annoying behaviour when entering duplicate notes: after touching OK on the duplicate alert the cursor goes to the serial field instead of the shortcode field, so I have to go back manually.
Maybe you can fix that in a future update.

Bye.
xja
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/2015)

Post by xja »

Will you issue an update for the new :flag-eu: :note-20: ?
Keep us posted.
Baumchen
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Baumchen »

xja wrote:Will you issue an update for the new :flag-eu: :note-20: ?
Keep us posted.
Not sure, is there a new format? New codes? If so, which ones?
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Baumchen wrote:Not sure, is there a new format? New codes? If so, which ones?
Yes, next month new Europa 20-euro notes will be issued. There are seven confirmed codes to start. See viewtopic.php?p=1124330#p1124330

Other codes will be issued later.
Baumchen
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Baumchen »

lmviterbo wrote:
Baumchen wrote:Not sure, is there a new format? New codes? If so, which ones?
Yes, next month new Europa 20-euro notes will be issued. There are seven confirmed codes to start. See viewtopic.php?p=1124330#p1124330

Other codes will be issued later.
Ok, thx .. I'll look into it. Not sure how much trouble it is to update for iOS 9.
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Baumchen wrote:Not sure how much trouble it is to update for iOS 9.
I have no idea if more changes are needed to fully update for iOS 9, but I've been using iEBT on iOS 9 without any problem.
Baumchen
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Baumchen »

I just tried inserting a couple of the :flag-eu: :note-20: , so far it's working fine.

Does anyone have issues entering the :flag-eu: :note-20: ?
Last edited by Baumchen on Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xja
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by xja »

Well, I really did not try: when I was entering my first :flag-eu: :note-20: I deactivated all the checks, as suggested by another user back when the :note-10: was released.

I can confirm that the app works fine in iOS9.

Bye.

Update

Just tried with all checks on and the app saves it.
Baumchen
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Baumchen »

xja wrote: Just tried with all checks on and the app saves it.
Ok thanks for your feedback.

If anyone else has issues, just let me know.
Thanks.
Baumchen
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Baumchen »

After there are some new :note-20: serials, there's now a new version 1.12 in the app store.
It now supports XZ, R[A-FZ] and W[A-FZ].

Hope it works for everyone.
If you have issues, let me know.
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Thanks for the update. However, I still can't use MC for M :note-20: :flag-eu: nor MA for M :note-5: :flag-eu: (letters aren't allowed on the second position of the serial at least when M is the first letter). It seems to be OK for all other present first letters.
Last edited by lmviterbo on Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Baumchen
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Baumchen »

lmviterbo wrote:Thanks for the update. However, I still can't use MC for M :note-20: :flag-eu: nor MA for M :note-5: :flag-eu: (letters aren't allowed on the second position of the serial at least when M is the first letter).
Oh great ...
Another update coming ...

Any more combinations? Why is there no list, which clearly states which combinations are valid ...

Anyway: As a workaround you can disable the Serial validation in the Settings (Info Icon at the bottom of the list view). Then you should be able to enter those combinations as well ..

Thanks for the hint!
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Baumchen wrote:Any more combinations? Why is there no list, which clearly states which combinations are valid ...
Well, there's no official list as far as I know. Apparently, we already know of all the possible combinations but we're not sure in fact. The better and daily updated list of possible combinations is Guy Sohier's online update of his catalogue (Les eurobillets).
Baumchen wrote:Anyway: As a workaround you can disable the Serial validation in the Settings (Info Icon at the bottom of the list view). Then you should be able to enter those combinations as well
Thanks! I didn't know — or didn't remember — that.

Also, last week (before this update) this happened to me:
  • I entered a P/PA note and sent it to the EBT Server.
  • When I checked my note list, that note wasn't there. In fact, rightly so, because I had forgotten to change the value from the previous note and so I had entered a :note-5: P/PA, which doesn't exist.
  • When I got back to iEBT, I tried to open that note and correct it, so that I could send it again. This wasn't possible, so I just entered it again, with the correct value ( :note-10: ) and sent it again. It all went OK.
Now on the list of greyed notes on iEBT I still have the wrong :note-5: below the correct :note-10: . I wish I could delete it. Or that I had a way to know when a note is not accepted by the EBT Server.

On another subject: you may want to update this topic's title. It still reads "(Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/2015)". ;)
Baumchen
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Baumchen »

lmviterbo wrote:
Baumchen wrote:Any more combinations? Why is there no list, which clearly states which combinations are valid ...
Well, there's no official list as far as I know. Apparently, we already know of all the possible combinations but we're not sure in fact. The better and daily updated list of possible combinations is Guy Sohier's online update of his catalogue (Les eurobillets).
Ok, thanks. I'll take a look and try to understand that list ;)
lmviterbo wrote:Also, last week (before this update) this happened to me:
  • I entered a P/PA note and sent it to the EBT Server.
  • When I checked my note list, that note wasn't there. In fact, rightly so, because I had forgotten to change the value from the previous note and so I had entered a :note-5: P/PA, which doesn't exist.
  • When I got back to iEBT, I tried to open that note and correct it, so that I could send it again. This wasn't possible, so I just entered it again, with the correct value ( :note-10: ) and sent it again. It all went OK.
Now on the list of greyed notes on iEBT I still have the wrong :note-5: below the correct :note-10: . I wish I could delete it. Or that I had a way to know when a note is not accepted by the EBT Server.
Ok, thanks for that info too.. Looks like either we missed this API callback before or it was added after we implemented it. Looks like there's a special error code for that now. I'll try to find a way to add this information. Not sure if I'm going to make the note editable again, after it was entered wrong. But some kind of error indication should be possible.

As for the delete: Swipe to the left on that cell, then you can delete this entry.

lmviterbo wrote:On another subject: you may want to update this topic's title. It still reads "(Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/2015)". ;)
Well, I'm not the owner of this thread, so I can't change it. But thanks for the hint.

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”