iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/2015)

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus

User avatar
xja
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:53 pm
Location: Calabria (Italia)

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/20

Postby xja » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:49 pm

One more thing I noticed is, apparently, the lack of any method for entering subsequent notes, as you might need when submitting notes from an ATM.
Are you planning to implement such a feature in a new version?

Bye.

Baumchen
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:25 pm

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/20

Postby Baumchen » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:51 pm

This is included in the current version.
Just enable "Auto Save" in the settings.
After you've entered a valid note, it'll be saved, the form will be cleared and you will be able to enter a new note right away.

User avatar
xja
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:53 pm
Location: Calabria (Italia)

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/20

Postby xja » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:02 pm

Baumchen wrote:This is included in the current version.
Just enable "Auto Save" in the settings.
After you've entered a valid note, it'll be saved, the form will be cleared and you will be able to enter a new note right away.

Yes, but, since you want to enter notes with the same shortcode and most of the serial, you really want those data to be preserved. What it preserves now is just the value and location.

Baumchen
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:25 pm

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/20

Postby Baumchen » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:05 pm

xja wrote:
Baumchen wrote:This is included in the current version.
Just enable "Auto Save" in the settings.
After you've entered a valid note, it'll be saved, the form will be cleared and you will be able to enter a new note right away.

Yes, but, since you want to enter notes with the same shortcode and most of the serial, you really want those data to be preserved. What it preserves now is just the value and location.


You can do that as well.
Its called "Lock To Point".
Just long-tap in the shortcode/serial, tap "Lock To Point".
All data left to the cursor index will be preserved.

User avatar
xja
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:53 pm
Location: Calabria (Italia)

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/20

Postby xja » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:06 pm

Thank you, I'll try that.
Bye!

Baumchen
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:25 pm

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/20

Postby Baumchen » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:07 pm

xja wrote:Thank you, I'll try that.
Bye!


Did it work? Is that what you were missing?

User avatar
xja
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:53 pm
Location: Calabria (Italia)

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/20

Postby xja » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:33 pm

Yes, it works.
I think that's all.
Bye!

User avatar
xja
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:53 pm
Location: Calabria (Italia)

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/20

Postby xja » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:56 pm

Hi there,
I just updated to the new version, but the "Refresh old notes" option looks like is not fixed.

Bye

User avatar
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4157
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:23 pm
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Contact:

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/20

Postby lmviterbo » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:15 am

xja wrote:I just updated to the new version, but the "Refresh old notes" option looks like is not fixed.

Still not working on 1.10 either. If I set this option to On, it defaults to Off whenever I exit and doesn't ask for any permission on next startup.

User avatar
xja
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:53 pm
Location: Calabria (Italia)

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/20

Postby xja » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:09 am

This is perhaps the first time a developer gets feedback before he/she announces the new version! :wink:
What is indeed fixed is the compass button: now it directly locates you and puts the correct name and post code.

Bye!

User avatar
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4157
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:23 pm
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Contact:

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/20

Postby lmviterbo » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:05 pm

xja wrote:This is perhaps the first time a developer gets feedback before he/she announces the new version! :wink:

I've always dreamed of being a software tester. :lol:

(And thanks for the corrections anyway. Compass was much needed indeed.)

Baumchen
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:25 pm

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/20

Postby Baumchen » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:40 pm

lmviterbo wrote:
xja wrote:I just updated to the new version, but the "Refresh old notes" option looks like is not fixed.

Still not working on 1.10 either. If I set this option to On, it defaults to Off whenever I exit and doesn't ask for any permission on next startup.


Well, I've looked into this issue. Seems like this feature was introduced after we did some internal modifications 2011 (or the EBT API changed? Can't tell any more.).
Anyways this feature is useless now (sadly the API doesn't support this kind of request), so I'll just delete it.

User avatar
xja
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:53 pm
Location: Calabria (Italia)

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/20

Postby xja » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:36 am

"Refresh old notes" is gone in 1.11
It was a bit misleading...
Thanks for keeping it up!

User avatar
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4157
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:23 pm
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Contact:

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/20

Postby lmviterbo » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:59 am

Well done!


Now, here is a request I have no idea if it helps someone else but would be great for me and most likely very easy to implement.

Whenever I'm in a place I've been to before and want to register notes on EBT from that place, I search my EBT Notes to find (in my comments) notes acquired from that same place.

Because, on iEBT, it's not possible to access my archived notes that have not been entered through iEBT, I now have to open a browser, open EBT, enlarge to find the link to My Notes, click on it, enlarge to be able to write anything in the search box, do that to finally find notes from a place, memorize the postal code, then come back to iEBT and register my notes.

Would it be possible — and valuable to more users — to have a direct link from iEBT to the EBT My Notes page (http://eurobilltracker.com/my_notes)?


On another note: you may want to update this thread's title (where Ver. 1.9 is still announced).

Baumchen
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:25 pm

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/20

Postby Baumchen » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:42 pm

lmviterbo wrote:Would it be possible — and valuable to more users — to have a direct link from iEBT to the EBT My Notes page (http://eurobilltracker.com/my_notes)?


So all you want is an InApp Browser which shows that specific site?
I'll look into it.
Thanks


Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”