Page 5 of 7

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/2015)

Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:52 am
by lmviterbo
Baumchen wrote:As for the delete: Swipe to the left on that cell, then you can delete this entry.
:oops: Ouch, that should have been obvious to me. I guess it's already the burden of my 53 years of age… 8)

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/2015)

Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:00 am
by Baumchen
lmviterbo wrote:
Baumchen wrote:As for the delete: Swipe to the left on that cell, then you can delete this entry.
:oops: Ouch, that should have been obvious to me. I guess it's already the burden of my 53 years of age… 8)
Well, learning never stops, eh? ;)
But there's so many hidden features in all of the Apple (or probably any other Smartphone) OS .. I'm not really a fan of it, but obviously one cannot have buttons over and over for all those features, so one needs to know the trick ..

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/2015)

Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:05 am
by avij
Baumchen wrote:Looks like either we missed this API callback before or it was added after we implemented it. Looks like there's a special error code for that now.
Yes, the error code was added when EBT was made Europa-capable back in May 2013. I don't remember if the addition was specifically announced or not, but in any case, apps should not end up in a situation where they get that error code from the API. The applications should check that the user uses a correct denomination.

For reference, I have this in the PHP code of EBT:

Code: Select all

$europa_printers_by_denom = array(
        "5" => [ "M", "N", "S", "T", "U", "V", "Y", "Z" ],
        "10" => [ "E", "N", "P", "S", "T", "U", "V", "X", "Y", "Z" ],
        "20" => [ "E", "M", "N", "R", "S", "U", "V", "W", "X", "Z" ]
);
Obviously it'd be nice to add some call to the API that'd output the list of valid note types, so that apps would not need to be updated each time there's a new combination.. but I'm not in charge of this.
Baumchen wrote:It now supports XZ, R[A-FZ] and W[A-FZ].
At the moment EBT supports Z as the 2nd character for N, S and X notes only. Of those, NZ and XZ notes have been entered to EBT. Nobody has seen SZ notes yet in the wild, but there is reason to believe such notes exist.

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/2015)

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:53 am
by YCNZ
Hi. I did a format on my iphone and reinstalled the app, however, although it dowloaded and initialized properly, it will not accept my log in details. It will let me enter my username and password, however it will never log in, and will not let me register any notes.

It worked perfectly before the phone format.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/2015)

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:57 pm
by xja
Hi there,
I could not enter M/MA :note-5: in the app with validation turned on.
I thought it was fixed.

Bye!

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/2015)

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:12 pm
by Baumchen
xja wrote:Hi there,
I could not enter M/MA :note-5: in the app with validation turned on.
I thought it was fixed.

Bye!
Support will be added in v1.13 (currently uploaded to Apple).


YCNZ wrote:Hi. I did a format on my iphone and reinstalled the app, however, although it dowloaded and initialized properly, it will not accept my log in details. It will let me enter my username and password, however it will never log in, and will not let me register any notes.

It worked perfectly before the phone format.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.
Have you tried not setting any credentials in Info > EBT Login (Clear Login Data), instead just try uploading notes and you will be asked for your credentials? Which iOS Version is installed on your device?

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/2015)

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:42 am
by xja
Hi, I'm trying the new version.
It says flags have been fixed, but, for instance, E it's just been reassigned to France regardless of the note series. So now I have a :note-20: R/E with the french flag, which is just as bad as before.
Why don't put a flag on a note after it's entered instead of while it's being entered so that the app can determine the note series and display the appropriate flags, one for the Europa series and two for the first series.

I don't have any :note-5: M/MA so I can't test that one.

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/2015)

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:48 pm
by lmviterbo
Although the update news mentions support for :note-5: MA notes, it seems that it now accepts :note-20: MC too. I will try with real notes today but at least now I can write a C after an M (this wasn't available before).

Also, would some mod please change the thread's title to reflect the updates? Or, better yet, grant Baumchen access to the first post?

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/2015)

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:28 am
by xja
Hi, I just updated to iOS 11 and I consistently have iEBT crash when trying to enter a note with custom keyboards turned on.
It looks like the crash happens when I enter the first one or two letters and then switches to the numeric keypad.
If I use the standard keyboard it works just fine.
If you want I can send you the crash log.

Bye.

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/2015)

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:15 am
by Baumchen
xja wrote:Hi, I just updated to iOS 11 and I consistently have iEBT crash when trying to enter a note with custom keyboards turned on.
It looks like the crash happens when I enter the first one or two letters and then switches to the numeric keypad.
If I use the standard keyboard it works just fine.
If you want I can send you the crash log.

Bye.
Thanks, we're working on it.

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/2015)

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:40 am
by avij
While you're at it, please have a look at this notice to developers using the EBT API (posted a year ago).

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/2015)

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:30 am
by Baumchen
avij wrote:While you're at it, please have a look at this notice to developers using the EBT API (posted a year ago).
Yep working on that too, thanks.

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/2015)

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:25 am
by Baumchen
iEBT 1.14 has just been released to the App Store and will be available for download in the next couple of hours.

Should work fine with iOS 11 now, also it'll use "https" for all connections to "eurobilltracker.com".

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/2015)

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:41 am
by avij
Baumchen wrote:also it'll use "https" for all connections to "eurobilltracker.com".
Thanks :) I wrote about this on Twitter. I can't test this app myself though, as I don't own an iPhone.

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/2015)

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:52 pm
by negative
just downloaded the app and tried the first note
feedback: not all EUR countries on the top of the list with other EUR countries. Missing Andora, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania in comparison with webpage.