10000 bills in just 44 days !

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by emmem »

htb wrote:
emmem wrote: I think it's a good idea indeed to add checkboxes in the user account details. This way, users will be able to easily opt in/out from notifications (when one of your bills is re-entered) and newsletters.
I was thinking: how about a welcome message for new users. You could mail some basic instruction, their username (and password) and stuff like that.
Yes, a welcome message when a new member joins EBT would be… welcome. Something like when registering to this Forum. This could be sent by default when a user joins.

Then there are the newsletters. I think a first newsletter should be sent after implementing the welcome mails. The first newsletter should contain instructions how to unsubscribe or to subscribe to the newsletter.

To unsubscribe I know two ways.

1. A checkbox in the user account details
2. Sending an email with the word unsubscribe somewhere in the subject.

Although I prefer the first way, maybe both could be made available. To subscribe the same way(s) should be used.

Once welcome mails are implemented and the first newsletter has been sent, future newsletters should only be sent to the recipients of the mailing list of course.
smh
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by smh »

Probably tonight we will pass the €400.000 mark. This is 8 days for the last 100.000. The same speed as from 100 to 200 and from 2 to 3 hundred thousand. So eventhough we get more and more users it doesn't really speed up the number of fnotes :-(
htb
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by htb »

smh wrote: Probably tonight we will pass the €400.000 mark. This is 8 days for the last 100.000. The same speed as from 100 to 200 and from 2 to 3 hundred thousand. So eventhough we get more and more users it doesn't really speed up the number of fnotes :-(
There are a number of reasons for that (i think):
1) One of the top users (euro.be) hasn't entered any notes since 21 feb.
2) 200 users have subscribed, but have never enterend any notes.
3) many users have only once entered a few notes.

Maybe of the planned newsletter will result in that users will visit the ETB web site again.
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

10000 bills in just 44 days !

Post by EuroBillTracker »

EuroBillTracker wrote: We've reached 10000 bills making up about 225 000 €; in just 44 days... that's pretty fast !
Well we reached 30,000 bills and 700,000 euros today => 81 days

so it looks like our speed has increased from the first 10,000 bills !

We had 400,000 on feb 27 so it took 23 days to do an extra 300,000 so our rate has been constant !

As for all the suggestions in all the previous messages in this topic, please understand there are only 24 hours in a day. I'll do my best to implement them !

we need everyone to write to their favorite newspaper about the site :) You can now tackle your favorite media outlet either on the fun aspect (tracking your bills) or the scientific aspect (bill diffusion)
smh
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by smh »

please understand there are only 24 hours in a day
Yes Philippe, we do, and we really apreciate what you do.

But i got one more request, can you add a chart where we can see how many bills have been entered each day/week etc (also by value).

Oh, and now i think of it, it would be nice if we could see more then just the top 10/15 of the top users and bills.
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by EuroBillTracker »

smh wrote:
please understand there are only 24 hours in a day
Yes Philippe, we do, and we really apreciate what you do.
thanks, I appreicate :P
smh wrote:
But i got one more request, can you add a chart where we can see how many bills have been entered each day/week etc (also by value).
yeah, I'll put that back now that I know how to do graphs :)
smh wrote: Oh, and now i think of it, it would be nice if we could see more then just the top 10/15 of the top users and bills.
The top users are available in the complete list section.
About top bills, I'm thinking of adding a sort of voting system so "intersting" bills would be listed first and obvious fakes would go unoticed until I removed them.

Did anyone notice that the pages display 2seconds faster now ? I removed that last bills box on the right and tada, I removed the longest query on the site which was getting executed at each display !

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”