MO43

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

lazza
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

MO43

Post by lazza »

I realise there is already a topic including this in the Spanish forum, but I have to admit to having some difficulty following the discussion! :lol: no hablo espanol!

http://forum.eurobilltracker.com/viewto ... 43#p831997" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Today I picked up a note at Geneva airport that was a Spanish :note-50: , but to my surprise, the printer code seemed to contain an error. To me, it is very clearly written MO43 not M043 (with a letter "O" rather than a zero). I came on here to check, and found the Spanish thread, with pictures to prove it, so I am wondering if anyone has a good explanation! How could such an error happen? Or could it be a fake note? I have the note still in my possession, just in case it's a real rarity :wink:
R/J
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: MO43

Post by R/J »

It is also a few times mentioned in the highest short code topic. (On this page, for example.)
My NIG stats have finally disappeared. My EBTST stats are still available.
lazza
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lazza »

R/J wrote:It is also a few times mentioned in the highest short code topic. (On this page, for example.)
oh, yes... sorry! I wonder why it didn't show those posts when I searched for "MO43" :roll:
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

0 and O are located next to each other on the keyboard and the error doesn't necessarily catch eye, because the two characters look so similar.

Also, it might be that they've had a cheap summer worker (possibly in winter, but who cares ;)) who hasn't known what the logic behind the short codes is.
Or, somebody's made a nice practical joke. I wonder if anybody outside EBT and the note printing facility know of this error? :)
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
dserrano5
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by dserrano5 »

What really struck me when I first knew of that was, why the heck was a human actually typing such thing? Isn't there any kind of software in place? What would happen if the error/joke was eg. "KK43"?

(Spaniards read the letters "kk" the same as the word "caca" (phonetic: /'kaka/), which means "pooh" ;)).
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

:twisted: nhaa dont give them any idead otherwise we dont have special notes to collect

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”