SEK Tracker

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

Evert
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Evert »

Last edited by Evert on Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrskumm
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by mrskumm »

Evert wrote:Jag skulle oskcå vilja bli en medlem på SEK Tracker, men jag kan inte välja Finland som mitt område.

Om du behöver nån hjälp med Finska läner och så, feel free to contact me ;)
Hello!

I write in English since this is the English part of the forum!

But yes, I am interested in Finnish countys! I am reworking the part of the site about Country/County/City... But since I only know of Sweden and it's countys/citys, I have been thinking of only letting people choose County/City if they are from Sweden...

But, if you can give me accurate information about Finlands countys, I would be happy to fix so countys can be chosen if Finland is chosen too!

If you have ICQ, please add me, 132893944, and we can talk about it there....

For the others, Germany, Denmark, Norway, I will, for now, only add those countries!

I have also begun working on translation of the site....

//Lorens

BTW: www.sek-tracker.com works now! :)
mrskumm
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by mrskumm »

Just a note, sek-tracker will move very soon... get it's own domain www.sek-tracker.se (and www.sek-tracker.com will point towards it)

//Lorens
Evert
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Evert »

Last edited by Evert on Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrskumm
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by mrskumm »

Well, I don't have MSN...

But are "Österbotten" a province or a läner ??

Does the Läner consist of provinces or the other way?!

//Lorens
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

mrskumm wrote: For the others, Germany, Denmark, Norway, I will, for now, only add those countries!
Why on earth would you do it that way? If a Swedish person travels to f.ex. Portugal or France, he may also change Euros to Swedish Crowns there. And then he gets the money in Portugal. And might want to say so. Now he can't.
Also some French people might be interested in visitin Sweden every now and then. And for them including France would be a good idea. And so on.
Why not just do what we've done here in EBT and forget the läns?
Just make it Country/City. There's anyway aren't many cities with the same name in the same country, so it shouldn't be hard understanding where the note is from.
Knowing the län is just useless extra info you could (and should) remove for the sake of simplicity.

And please note that it should be almost completely as easy to add all countries in the world as it is to add those few you've suggested.

What I think is that the note tracking sites should have one common database for the coordinates of different cities.
Avij, does this sound like a good idea to you? You could help the SEK-tracking site quite a lot by sharing our location db with them :) Also other types of consultation should be quite easy and handy, AFAIK :)

BTW, Lorens, please read other threads on this forum and comment on them. Might be interesting to hear a Swedish point for many discussions :)
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
Evert
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Evert »

Last edited by Evert on Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrskumm
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by mrskumm »

Dakkus wrote:
mrskumm wrote: For the others, Germany, Denmark, Norway, I will, for now, only add those countries!
Why on earth would you do it that way? If a Swedish person travels to f.ex. Portugal or France, he may also change Euros to Swedish Crowns there. And then he gets the money in Portugal. And might want to say so. Now he can't.
Also some French people might be interested in visitin Sweden every now and then. And for them including France would be a good idea. And so on.
Why not just do what we've done here in EBT and forget the läns?
Just make it Country/City. There's anyway aren't many cities with the same name in the same country, so it shouldn't be hard understanding where the note is from.
Knowing the län is just useless extra info you could (and should) remove for the sake of simplicity.
I am sorry, that came out wrong! What I meant was... I have added all Counties in sweden... But for now, I will only let other countries choose their country... I will NOT limit it to the countries I said above, but... I have only added those yet!
Dakkus wrote: And please note that it should be almost completely as easy to add all countries in the world as it is to add those few you've suggested.
Countries now takes a few seconds to add.... Counties/Cities also takes a few seconds to add... (I rewrote that part of the site)
Dakkus wrote: What I think is that the note tracking sites should have one common database for the coordinates of different cities.
Avij, does this sound like a good idea to you? You could help the SEK-tracking site quite a lot by sharing our location db with them :) Also other types of consultation should be quite easy and handy, AFAIK :)
That would be real neat, to get some coordinates :)
Dakkus wrote: BTW, Lorens, please read other threads on this forum and comment on them. Might be interesting to hear a Swedish point for many discussions :)
I will try and find time... But I don't have that much time during xmas :(
mrskumm
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by mrskumm »

Evert wrote:I also think maybe it would be better to forget the provinces and all then, keep them just for Swedish members? It would make the list much shorter. Or maybe the Swedish members could choose their län på sin options-sida eller nånting. :?: :roll:
I have been thinking like that too! But not decided!
mrskumm
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by mrskumm »

Okay, I don't mean to spam this forum... But I wanted to tell those who wants to know that SEK Tracker has moved :) www.sek-tracker.se

www.sek-tracker.com will be changed to redirect to .se !

Best Regards,
Lorens
Elmo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Elmo »

Perhaps somebody could put your website in the links section of the EBT-
website. :idea: We already have sites for tracking American and Canadian
dollars, Japanese yens, and Swiss francs, so why not?
Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are 'It might have been.' - Kurt Vonnegut
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Fons »

When can I enter my Swedish notes? (in the Netherlands)
mrskumm
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by mrskumm »

Fons wrote:When can I enter my Swedish notes? (in the Netherlands)

Sorry that it takes so long.... I don't have alot of time to spend on the site during XMas / New Years....

I have begun thinking of how to easily have the site translateable... And will also add countries soon!

//Lorens
mrskumm
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by mrskumm »

Elmo wrote:Perhaps somebody could put your website in the links section of the EBT-
website. :idea: We already have sites for tracking American and Canadian
dollars, Japanese yens, and Swiss francs, so why not?
That would be awesome :)
joergb30
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by joergb30 »

mrskumm wrote:
Fons wrote:When can I enter my Swedish notes? (in the Netherlands)

Sorry that it takes so long.... I don't have alot of time to spend on the site during XMas / New Years....

I have begun thinking of how to easily have the site translateable... And will also add countries soon!

//Lorens
That would be great.
Don't forget to add "34125 Kassel" under "Tyskland" in your database, 3 Swedish bills in my hometown still waiting for registration :wink:

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”