Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by emmem »

EuroBillTracker wrote:
bhoeyb wrote:Webmaster,
Would it be possible to make a link for getting a report of a bill when I enter the same bill twice? At the moment, when I get the message I've entered a same bill twice, I have to write down the serial code and I have to search that bill in my 'view my notes' list to see when I entered it the first time.
Thank you ...
You mean in the email ?
No, I think that when you enter your bills with the advanced form, and you have some bill already entered, you get the message "you were already that last user to enter this note" (something like that at least).

If there was a link to the notes you already entered then you could see when you entered it. It is something that could interest some users. When I get such a message I look the serial up in my database (from the csv file). But I don’t think every user keeps such a database.

Besides the fact of a note being reported by another user, the fact of getting a note back after some months is something that is also interesting to me (only for my own notes).

Maybe the message could be changed to "you were already that last user to enter this note. It was entered on xx/yy/zzzz, your comment was rrr".
EuroBillTracker wrote: it's just that I have just started this really interesting book... "Software for your head", if you're into software dev, you should read it :!:
What’s the author of the book? :P
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by EuroBillTracker »

emmem wrote: No, I think that when you enter your bills with the advanced form, and you have some bill already entered, you get the message "you were already that last user to enter this note" (something like that at least).
ok, I'll do that too
EuroBillTracker wrote: it's just that I have just started this really interesting book... "Software for your head", if you're into software dev, you should read it :!:
What’s the author of the book? :P
Jim & Michele McCarthy : Amazon's reviews
wouter
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by wouter »

EuroBillTracker wrote:
wouter wrote:is it possible to make some changes in the screen you get after you inserted your notes with mass-insert you only get a message like
P0**02***785:Inserted Ok
it would be nice if a link can be made to the report of that note, now I have to go through the menu to look at my notes
What I need to add is a message to say whether a note you just entered is a hit.
What do you need that link for other than checking that?
you are probably right, it isn't necessary but i like to see where the note is printed and sometimes check the data i entered (espacially with the advanced input where it is easy top make mistakes in the city you found the note :D )
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by bhoeyb »

emmem wrote: Maybe the message could be changed to "you were already that last user to enter this note. It was entered on xx/yy/zzzz, your comment was rrr".
That's totaly correct emmem. TX :!:
androl
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: München (Myeenack, Mjuncken), Deutschland (Chairmany, Djutschländ)

Re: Look at the great new feature ;)

Post by androl »

Nerzhul wrote:The new Support System is now available! Use it to comfortably edit or delete notes, request moderation or unmoderation of a hit or merge your account with another EBT user by submitting an appropriate request.
so am I now able to delete my own notes? Or do I have to submit an appropriate request to the moderator who will then delete the note with the new system?
I don't see anything new when I go to http://de.eurobilltracker.com/my_notes/?tab=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or http://de.eurobilltracker.com/my_notes/ ... mination=5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Joshu, a Chinese Zen master, asked a cow:
"Do you have Buddha-nature or not?"
The cow answered: "Moo."
Nerzhul
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Nerzhul »

androl wrote:Or do I have to submit an appropriate request to the moderator who will then delete the note with the new system?
Yes.
EBT Webmaster | Author of the EBT-Tool | Dothunter! | EBT News on Twitter
androl
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by androl »

ah, I understand, this sentence has two parts: the first part "The new Support System is now available! Use it to comfortably edit or delete notes" is directed to the service team members, while the second part ", request moderation or unmoderation of a hit or merge your account with another EBT user by submitting an appropriate request." is directed to the common EBTer 8)
ErGo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ErGo »

androl wrote:ah, I understand, this sentence has two parts: the first part "The new Support System is now available! Use it to comfortably edit or delete notes" is directed to the service team members, ...
No, its up to you, to make the changes! The service team members just implements (or rejects) your prepared requests.
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Jes »

I used the new feature (I had to delete this note that I previously mentioned in the forum) and it worked out smoothly and fast! GREAR NEW FEATURE INDEED! :D Thanks Nerzhul and all the team who worked on it!
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
androl
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by androl »

Nerzhul wrote:Also note that "super users" (1000+ notes entered) are now able to edit multiple notes at once by filing an appropriate support request.
what am I now able to do that I have not been able to do before? I am now able to ask a service team member to edit multible notes of mine. What did I use to do before? Send multiple e-mails? 8)

(if you say "I ask the moderator to delete a note, and then the moderator does something that I am not aware of" is equal to "I delete my note by using the new system", then one could also consider the equality of "God created the Big Bang, and then things went on" and "every morning, by His great power, God makes the sun rise" :o )
klapotec
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by klapotec »

The good thing about the new system compared to sending support-e-mails is that the support team can (and will) react much quicker, because the most common requests, "pre-built" by the user, can be handled with only a few mouse-clicks by support team members. Previously, it was necessary to log in to the mail server, read (and understand!) the request, log in to the support system, implement the changes there (if possible - things like deleting notes could only be done by the admins), and then write a reply mail. Now support team members log in to the support system, see any open requests, and only need to check whether the request is valid and then two mouse-clicks (and an optional message to the requester) later, the request is implemented and a reply is automatically sent.
Much less work, and much better organized (all in the same place).
Nerzhul
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Nerzhul »

androl wrote:what am I now able to do that I have not been able to do before?
Delete notes, (un)moderate a hit, edit certain note data (timestamp, serial number), edit up to 100 notes at once and merge user accounts.

Yes, it won't happen instantaneously and some requests won't be implemented (especially unmoderation requests). But you'll get your results much much faster than previously, especially for complex requests ("edit comment of 2000 notes, but only those entered every second Tuesday", in finnish of course) or tasks which previously required an admin (merge accounts, delete notes).
EBT Webmaster | Author of the EBT-Tool | Dothunter! | EBT News on Twitter
androl
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by androl »

klapotec wrote:The good thing about the new system compared to sending support-e-mails
I have the feeling that we do not understand each other. Is there anything new in the appearance of the site, for me, something that I can use to make such a request to change note data? I did not find anything. The site is exactly the same to me like before, when I click on the above mentioned "correct note" link, I cannot edit the serial number
ahhh, now we see :D
http://de.eurobilltracker.com/my_support" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
that's something I thought that the message is talking about! It hasn't been there yesterday

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”