franci
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Re: "Europa": 2nd series of euro banknotes

Post by franci »

lmviterbo wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:41 am
franci wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:03 pm
lmviterbo wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:42 pm
franci wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:54 pm 100€ new banknotes (printer code E, serie EA )
Great find, Franci. Would you be so kind as to disclose which plate is it?
Well, I think you mean E005 ?
Guy Sohier's catalogue is missing :note-100: E005/EA, because it needs photo proof. If you still have the note, can you please take a picture of the printer code? (If you choose to show also the serial number, please show just the first two letters and four digits at most.)
Yes, I still have almost all notes from this serie. I hope above pictures help.
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Thanks, franci!

It is in fact the most registered :flag-eu: :note-100: plate to date (171 notes in Austria + 2 elsewhere). In spite of that, no one had shown photo evidence of it. Thanks!
YCNZ
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by YCNZ »

Do we know if the total value of the withdrawn €500 notes will be automatically converted into €200 notes for the new series, or will it be distributed towards other lower denominations too? I think that the €500 will still be around for some years to come, since it will take time to print enough €200s to cover the value of the €500s, (assuming of course that they will all be replaced by €200s in total).
negative
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by negative »

[/quote]
Works, thanks. It apears red, but it is done. Thanks a lot.
[/quote]

It apprared red also for me but still managed to submit my first new 2nd seria 100€ U002G4/UD...6054...
Attachments
A4EC9F7E-0B88-483F-96B4-CA28E9920BFA.jpeg
A4EC9F7E-0B88-483F-96B4-CA28E9920BFA.jpeg (307.92 KiB) Viewed 3340 times
+BBBB+
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by +BBBB+ »

:note-50: Greek YA00/Y001 sequential notes

You have attempted to enter an invalid serial number or an invalid printer code for this denomination. Some values are only possible for Europa series banknotes. Please correct your input. :D
Attachments
50_greek_euro_notes.jpg
50_greek_euro_notes.jpg (142.16 KiB) Viewed 3242 times
TheUndertaker
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by TheUndertaker »

+BBBB+ wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:35 pm :note-50: Greek YA00/Y001 sequential notes

You have attempted to enter an invalid serial number or an invalid printer code for this denomination. Some values are only possible for Europa series banknotes. Please correct your input. :D
finally ... :D
In which country did u got em?
+BBBB+
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by +BBBB+ »

TheUndertaker wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:55 am
+BBBB+ wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:35 pm :note-50: Greek YA00/Y001 sequential notes

finally ... :D
In which country did u got em?
In Athens / Greece.
Chrattac
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Chrattac »

Any idea about this :note-10: ? Found in Finland had to check a couple of times if my vision didn't lie to me.

TheUndertaker
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by TheUndertaker »

Chrattac wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:51 pm Any idea about this :note-10: ? Found in Finland had to check a couple of times if my vision didn't lie to me.

Printed in Bulgaria („for Germany“) by Oberthur it’s a subsidiary company from the Printer Oberthur or non as the printer with the Shortcode E :D
JordiJanTaxi
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by JordiJanTaxi »

TheUndertaker wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:15 pm
Chrattac wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:51 pm Any idea about this :note-10: ? Found in Finland had to check a couple of times if my vision didn't lie to me.

Printed in Bulgaria („for Germany“) by Oberthur it’s a subsidiary company from the Printer Oberthur or non as the printer with the Shortcode E :D
I wouldn't dare to say "for Germany", although the first F banknotes appeared there. In the beginning, "paper painting" used to belong to national banks. That's why banknotes had one letter in the serialnumber, and another one, different, in the printer code. Thus, all french banknotes were U serial, although there were two printers in France, L and E. All german banknotes were X serial, although there were also two printers, R and P. But sometimes, for reasons I cannot understand (although I made up my own [maybe mistaken] reasons), some bills were printed in OTHER countries (dutch 5ers and german teens printed in France, italian 50ers printed in Austria, german 50ers and spanish teens printed in The Nederlands, Portuguese 50ers in United Kingdom, etc.). Also, for the national banks accounting, countries that did not have a printer, had also their own letter: E for Slovakia, H for Slovenia, G for Cyprus or F for Malta. But all (most of?) those bills were printed in Germany (R), France (E) or the Nederlands (G). Later, since some time between 2010 and 2012 (not sure), the banknotes emission does not belong any longer to national banks, but to European Central Bank. That's why since 5ers were issued in 2013, all europa banknotes have the same letter in the serialnumber and the printer code. This letter does not refer to any country, but to the printer. So there are three letters in Germany: X for Bundesbank, R for Gesiecke & Devrient in (Stuttgart?) and W for Gesiecke & Devrient in Leipzig. Finally, E is Oberthur in France, and F is Oberthur in Bulgaria.

Regards.
bumboozel
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by bumboozel »

looking forward to see the first bills with new signature of Christine Lagarde here soon :-)
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Montgomery Burns »

Well, regardless of who takes the job, the new signature is still some time away (the current term of the ECB President ends on Oct. 31)...
bumboozel
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by bumboozel »

thats right - not too long from now :-)
westwind
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by westwind »

I've just found for the first time in Lithuanian circulation :note-10: F002E3 FA59xxxxxxx
Last edited by westwind on Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ART
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ART »

Just this week I found in italian circulation my first two :note-10: F, both F002.
European soul, European pride.

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”