Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

mirecxp
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

€uroNotes - EBT client for Android

Post by mirecxp »

Dear EBT users,

I would like to introduce You another EBT client available for the Android users.

The €uroNotes app features are:
ad free
add new bills directly to EBT
add bills offline, submit to EBT later at once
see all your notes in the device (time period is limited by default, check the settings)
view a bill on map with relevant hits
view all your bills on map
search in your bills
support for more accounts

The application comes yet in English only, in Demo and Full versions, check the home page for the Play Store links:
http://euro-notes.appspot.com

Note: This is not an official EBT application, the project was started by my friend as a part of his bachelor thesis and we publish it here as the first version, which will be further developed by both of us. We would be glad to move it forward according your wishes and suggestions. We have prepared the feedback site for it here, where you can express your ideas and proposals, ask a question or vote for the new features.

Hopefully it will help You find your next hit!

Have fun! :D
Miro
melitikus
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Re: €uroNotes - EBT client for Android

Post by melitikus »

well done!
is the application able to scan the serial code and thus avoids the need to type it?
thanks
mirecxp
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by mirecxp »

melitikus wrote:well done!
is the application able to scan the serial code and thus avoids the need to type it?
thanks
Hello melitikus
no this function is not implemented.
We would be proud to have such feature working, but I'm not sure about the usability of results of scanning with mobile device. It's tough challenge. :D
Nevertheless we plan to analyze it at least...
Miro
Dioniz
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Dioniz »

I already downloaded demo version and uploaded 3 notes. Looks great! :-)
My profile & EBTST & Hit-dots map
Hits: 616x :flag-si:, 277x :flag-at:, 52x :flag-de:, 24x :flag-it:, 10x :flag-nl:, 7x :flag-be:, 5x :flag-fi:, 5x :flag-sk:, 3x :flag-fr:, 1x :flag-ee:, 1x :flag-gr:, 1x :flag-hr:, 1x :flag-lt:, 1x :flag-pt:, 1x :flag-es:, 1x ME, 1x :flag-at: :flag-at:, 1x :flag-be: :flag-be:, 1x :flag-be: :flag-at:, 1x :flag-fr: :flag-de:
Flightdiary & Where's George?
Moise
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Moise »

Downloaded the full version and it i looks good :-)
Ive problems with downloading my notes,i takes really long time(some hours already) but still only 22000 notes are downloaded,notes file is only 174MB big,so it should be much faster.
How about clicking on refresh button multiple times,does it open more connections to download( shows two or more "X "to stop loading notes then) or is it just a bug?

Greetz Moise
mirecxp
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by mirecxp »

Moise wrote:Downloaded the full version and it i looks good :-)
Ive problems with downloading my notes,i takes really long time(some hours already) but still only 22000 notes are downloaded,notes file is only 174MB big,so it should be much faster.
How about clicking on refresh button multiple times,does it open more connections to download( shows two or more "X "to stop loading notes then) or is it just a bug?

Greetz Moise
Thank you very much for the feedback Moise. The problem you describe looks like a bug.
I must admit, that we have tested it with much smaller number of notes. Nevertheless we will improve the loading process.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

I haven't had a look at your app yet, but I'd recommend making sure it uses compression (such as gzip) when downloading large amounts of data.

You'll also need to take into consideration that even though the CSV might be 174MB, it might consume way more memory than that in the device, depending on what the app does with the data. In addition, mobile devices don't have an infinite amount of RAM. My SGS II has 1GB of RAM, of which only 387MB is currently available for applications.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
Moise
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Moise »

Hi again!
Some other things i think you should have a look at:
1.Would be nice ,when entering the printercode and it is decided to be right,the cursor should jump right to the serial number.
2.I dont really see a difference in the checkbox if the note is going to be uploaded or stored in the offline database(but maybe iam colorblind :roll: )

Greetz Moise
groentje
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by groentje »

After Apple and Android apps, anyone working on a Windows Phone app by any chance? I miss it I can't use the wap page anymore, btw.
spasiba
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by spasiba »

groentje wrote:After Apple and Android apps, anyone working on a Windows Phone app by any chance? I miss it I can't use the wap page anymore, btw.
Yes, I started with an Windows Phone App recently. Some notes were already submitted using the prototype, but some essential functions are still missing.
Are you interested in becoming a beta tester?

Kind regards
Peter (aka spasiba)
groentje
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by groentje »

Little technical knowledge to say what's missing, but otherwise, why not?
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MDeen »

Small suggestion: don't call it €uroNotes, call it Euronotes. As it happened I was searching for an android app last weekend without having knowledge of this topic and I couldn't find anything because I was searching on euro or EBT. I don't think a lot of people will be searching for €...

And it is typographically and syntactially incorrect. The € sign is not an E.
tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tabbs »

I second that. Just read on Get Satisfaction that you are working on a new version that will allow entering the 2013 notes (good!). So while you're at it, why not change that as well? For me, "€uro" translates to "Eurouro" ... ;)

Christian
dirk81
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by dirk81 »

spasiba wrote:
groentje wrote:After Apple and Android apps, anyone working on a Windows Phone app by any chance? I miss it I can't use the wap page anymore, btw.
Yes, I started with an Windows Phone App recently. Some notes were already submitted using the prototype, but some essential functions are still missing.
Are you interested in becoming a beta tester?

Kind regards
Peter (aka spasiba)
For Windows Phone 8 or 7? I have 7.8 here --- :|
tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tabbs »

Don't know how many EBT members use this app, but there is a new version now. http://euro-notes.appspot.com/#News This one (v1.1) also allows entering the new generation €5 notes. :)

Christian

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”