New €5 notes in Flensburg, Germany

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

jonfr
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

New €5 notes in Flensburg, Germany

Post by jonfr »

I got the new series of the €5 notes in Nord Sparekasse in Flensburg (I got €20 in 4 €5 bills), Germany two days ago. My friend got his new €5 series when I was at Wacken Open air rock festival from a ATM at that location (I didn't go to it). I live in Denmark, but I do not know if my bank (Sydbank) has got the new €5 notes yet. Next time I buy some euro from them, I am going to ask for €5 notes and see what I get.

It might take longer for Denmark since it is not in the Eurozone, but many german people buy groceries (food and such things) in Denmark and they pay in euros, not Danish krone. Most of the stores in Padborg accept euro as a payment for that reason, so I guess some new €5 bills have already been used in Denmark for that reason.
My profile on EurobillTracker.com
GWR7007
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: New €5 notes in Flensburg, Germany

Post by GWR7007 »

jonfr wrote: It might take longer for Denmark since it is not in the Eurozone,
That does not have to be. The new :note-5: are in circulation since May 1st, so Denmark might have received some. And there are reports that new :note-5: were found in Switzerland, which is no Eurozone member as well. And there are regional differences, so not every region/country changes it`s notes at the same speed.

But, maybe you could report the shortcode and serial number (the method should be mentioned somewhere in the English speaking forum, but if you don`t find it: V/VAfirst two numbers; N/NAxx following to numbers; Z/ZBxx following two numbers; U/Uxx following three numbers; S/Sxx following three numbers). I doubt that there are many trackers from Northern Germany, but maybe these notes were not local to the Flensburg region.
my EBT profile

If you'd like to contact me, don't hesitate to write a PM to me, or to send an email. I can understand German (native language), English and Dutch :wink:
jonfr
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by jonfr »

I have already added the new €5 notes to my euro note list in my profile 3 days ago. They came from Spain - Madrid according to the eurobilltracker website. They all had VA[serial number] on them, all had printer code V002F5. I do not know when I am going to use euro next time. It might not happen until next month.
GWR7007
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by GWR7007 »

jonfr wrote:I have already added the new €5 notes to my euro note list in my profile 3 days ago. They came from Spain - Madrid according to the eurobilltracker website. They all had VA[serial number] on them, all had printer code V002F5.
Thanks. V002 seem to be local to Northern Germany. How does it go on after the VA (it should be something with VA2x)? New :note-5: are currently printed by the Spanish, the French (Banque de France), the Austrian, the Italian and the Belgian printer. While Belgian, Italian and Austrian notes are rather rare in Germany; French and Spanish notes are the common versions. In other countries, you`ll find others as common. I heard that Austria got Austrian and Italian notes, Belgium and France use notes from their printer and the Netherlands shall have Austrian notes as well. But I cannot confirm this, as I have not been in any of those countries since the introduction of the new :note-5: .
my EBT profile

If you'd like to contact me, don't hesitate to write a PM to me, or to send an email. I can understand German (native language), English and Dutch :wink:
jonfr
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by jonfr »

All the notes have serial number like this one here (from one the note I have registered).

:note-5: note serial number: VA21

It is interesting that only the last two numbers are different, the serial is otherwise the same in the :note-5: that I got from the atm in Norden Sparekasse.

*EDIT*

Do not reveal serial numbers on the forum in order to avoid false hits!

bren_nmgn // Forum Moderator

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”