British Overseas Territories

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

dmo11
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

British Overseas Territories

Post by dmo11 »

Not sure where to put this, but this seems the best spot to do it.

Already sent a request to the moderators, but they did not really go into it all.

The situation is as followed:

Currently all notes entered in a British Overseas Territory is marked as being from the United Kingdom.
This is okay, but makes it hard to track or see statistics on the territories themselves.
Whereas the French have made a difference between the bigger departement d'outre mer and the smaller ones, https://en.eurobilltracker.com/profile/ ... tab=5&rc=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
The other overseas territories are the smaller islands they have (St. Martin, St. Barthelemy, St. Pierre et Miquelon, etc.)
I do not know what would be the best division for the British ones, but that can be agreed upon at one point.
So far I have entered notes in Anguilla, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands. But not yet in the others I know of Cayman Islands, Montserrat, Turks and Caicos Islands, Falkland Islands. Probably forgetting some as well.
Can someone make a division and implement it on the website?

Furthermore this should also be done for the Dutch Caribbean Islands (Curaçao, Aruba, Bonaire, St. Maarten, Saba, St. Eustatius), these too have a special status in the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
I do not want to swamp the website and the persons who are capable of doing it, but I guess the same counts for the US, with Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Guam, Northern Marian Islands, US Samoa, probably forgetting some parts.

So one step at a time and first the UK and the Netherlands.

Thank you for responding and making the website even better :-).

Greets, Davy
jrnsndrs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: British Overseas Territories

Post by jrnsndrs »

Curaçao, Aruba and Sint-Maarten are constituent country's of the Kingdom of the Netherlands (together with the European part Netherlands)
I think hey should each have their own country profile.

Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba are openbare lichamen (public bodies) operating like a municipality within the European part of the Netherlands. They have their own municipal profiles and together a provincial profile, although officialy they do not form their own province or belong to any province.
As far as I'm concerned, these are handled well enough.
"of all wars, religious wars are the most detestable, since they are waged for no tangible gain, but only to impose a set of arbitrary credos on another."
--- Unspiek baron Bodissey.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

https://en.eurobilltracker.com/profile/ ... ed+Kingdom" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i think it might be an idea to list the overseas territories in that list ... just an idea
ART
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ART »

For completeness we should add the Danish dependencies (Faroe Islands and Greenland) and the Norwegian unincorporated territory of Svalbard Islands.
European soul, European pride.

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”