Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

Fjon
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Post codes in Ireland

Post by Fjon »

Burdie wrote:
Burdie wrote: Searching for more info about Eircode I'll found a long list of City names - County - Lat - Long
I'm in the process to merge it in the code_ireland.txt list and clean it with all the double names. If I'm done the list is 10 times bigger.
I let you know when the list is online
Well I've done a little bit of research and have about 250 town/ cities and their matching Routing keys and counties. If you like I can send you what I have? It might save you some time.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
Burdie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Burdie »

Fjon wrote:
Burdie wrote:
Burdie wrote: Searching for more info about Eircode I'll found a long list of City names - County - Lat - Long
I'm in the process to merge it in the code_ireland.txt list and clean it with all the double names. If I'm done the list is 10 times bigger.
I let you know when the list is online
Well I've done a little bit of research and have about 250 town/ cities and their matching Routing keys and counties. If you like I can send you what I have? It might save you some time.
Every help is welcome. I have done now all my profiles, and I'm walking through all the Irish City profiles. I've the top 150 done.
Stil some 700 to go and with only 15 lives (Search options) a day it could take a while ;-(
I think I have now about 450 towns / cities with Routing Key
Personal statistics from: NIGMM / EBTST / EBTcheck 250 Hits with 2 triple :flag-ie: 3 :flag-eu: 410
list of (known by me) latest "codes_country.txt" files Blog
Fjon
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Fjon »

Ok, hopefully this works. Use the "EBT" tab, not the "All" one.
Last edited by Fjon on Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
Burdie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Burdie »

Fjon wrote:Ok, hopefully this works. Use the "EBT" tab, not the "All" one.

Thanks for that. It was reacting diverend than normal, but I was succeded in getting all (Yes, as collector from names I also copied the All Tab :-) )

Work is calling in a short while, so when I'll finished checking your list I give you my results
Personal statistics from: NIGMM / EBTST / EBTcheck 250 Hits with 2 triple :flag-ie: 3 :flag-eu: 410
Fjon
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Fjon »

Burdie wrote:
Fjon wrote:Ok, hopefully this works. Use the "EBT" tab, not the "All" one.

Thanks for that. It was reacting diverend than normal, but I was succeded in getting all (Yes, as collector from names I also copied the All Tab :-) )

Work is calling in a short while, so when I'll finished checking your list I give you my results
No problem. The "All" tab isn't complete though. I *think* this is where I got the list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_p ... of_Ireland" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

unlike to england , with ur first part of the post code its more easy to know the location ( like for example CO.. Coventry , BD. bradford , or locations starting with that are near it ) the letters for ireland dont seem to be related to the name of the location
Burdie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Burdie »

I've walked trough all the Irish City Profiles and have all the Routing codes

Here are the resutls (and more)

This is a big list with a lot of Irish City Names. I filled this with the Routing Coded I found and the City Profile number from EBT
There are a lot of double profiles, and I have some questions about some.

If you have problems to open the file, please contact me.

The file is not finished. I'm now buzzy with quiding from the Lat- and Longatude to find as much Aliasses. All the changes I see on EBT I try to put into the list

If you see some errors, please let me know, I'm only a human and can make mistakes :-)
Burdie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Burdie »

So, the list is done, and a also implement all the places with routing keys
in the eircode.codes map.

If You don't mind I take now a little rest from the Eircode, but if you see a see a mistake or something else, You can contact me :-)
simonluv
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by simonluv »

maarsy wrote:unlike to england , with ur first part of the post code its more easy to know the location ( like for example CO.. Coventry , BD. bradford , or locations starting with that are near it ) the letters for ireland dont seem to be related to the name of the location
Hi maarsy,
The routing key letters are not related to the locations, as you say.
This is due to many locations having different initials in English and Irish, e.g. Wexford (in English) and Loch Garman (in Irish).
It was a conscious effort not to favour one language over the other and so random letters were selected!
:flag-ie:
Fjon
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Fjon »

Burdie wrote:So, the list is done, and a also implement all the places with routing keys
in the eircode.codes map.

If You don't mind I take now a little rest from the Eircode, but if you see a see a mistake or something else, You can contact me :-)
Looks great, good job!
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

simonluv wrote:
maarsy wrote:unlike to england , with ur first part of the post code its more easy to know the location ( like for example CO.. Coventry , BD. bradford , or locations starting with that are near it ) the letters for ireland dont seem to be related to the name of the location
Hi maarsy,
The routing key letters are not related to the locations, as you say.
This is due to many locations having different initials in English and Irish, e.g. Wexford (in English) and Loch Garman (in Irish).
It was a conscious effort not to favour one language over the other and so random letters were selected!
:flag-ie:

good point there , im suprised after 3 visits no one pulled off my GB magnet i keep forgeting about that
Burdie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Burdie »

So, all the hard work is done and I found a lot of Routing Keys.

As thanks the bombarded me to Ireland City Manager :)

The advantage is that I can see every city name written in the EBT database so I could shrink the codes_ireland.txt file to only 10% of the original size.

An other advantage is that I can see all new incomming City names and new incomming Postal Codes. If I see a new Eircode than I try to pinpoint it whith the right coordinations :)

So we can say, EBT is ready for the Eircode. I don't know about the rest of Ireland because I'm still waiting for my second letter with my Eircode on is (The first one was the letter from Eircode self)
Burdie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Burdie »

I just found out that Google Map is ready for the Eircode. I was very surprised.

I had to look up coordinates for a Galway Eircode, end Google Map gave me straight away the location :-)
I was not for sure, but by checking it on the 'Find or Check the Eircode side' it gave me the same location.

Double checking with my own address and with my own Eircode it was also bulls eye :-)

Is the Eircode here for to stay ????
groentje
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by groentje »

I used Eircode when I don't have to look for it, but stuck with counties for the rest.
Burdie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Burdie »

groentje wrote:I used Eircode when I don't have to look for it, but stuck with counties for the rest.
No Problem, Ik weet er wel raad mee :-)

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”