Ernesto_due
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Re: Hits between same places

Post by Ernesto_due »

Another example for th same name is
95473 Haag :flag-de: a village near Bayreuth and
3350 Haag :flag-at: a city in the west of Lower Austria

And please remember to Den Haag and some others mith "Haag" as a part of the name.

Ernesto
vermeer
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by vermeer »

Lots of Europian cities can also be found in the USA.

Netherlands: Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Harlingen, Groningen (46.150703, -92.923553), Zeeland (no not the province), Noordeloos, Borculo,
Germany: Bingen, Berlin (several times), Norwich, Truro, Boston, Gloucester, Worcester
Ireland: Galway
England: Sunderland, Windsor

Those people going to the USA just took the name they came from. The list will never be complete, but there will never be towns there called Almere, Lelystad or Milton Keynes (although there is a MK Court and MK Drive).
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Montgomery Burns »

I've mentioned desolate American towns in this thread before, and now here's a link about the dying city of Cairo, Illinois (popped up in my Facebook feed): http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/cairo-illinois

Any hit, of course, involving the Egyptian capital is quite special in itself. One with its Middle America namesake would be nothing short of unbelievable. :)
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Montgomery Burns wrote:Any hit, of course, involving the Egyptian capital is quite special in itself. One with its Middle America namesake would be nothing short of unbelievable. :)
I have great expectations. 8)
LArdennais
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by LArdennais »

Many Rome's places into USA, added to the famous :flag-it: city...and also the very :flag-be: small village included into Durbuy's Municipality ! ;)
http://liste.eurobillets.free.fr/ : don't miss it every day ! à zieuter tous les jours ! kijk elke dag ! :D

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... =fr&gl=US] : A utiliser sans modération ! :)
GWR7007
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by GWR7007 »

These came up to my mind (and are probably a small compromise at some stage):
There are two places in Germany called Gronau. We tend to write the region in brackets after the name to further specify their geographical position.
So they would be Gronau (Westfalen) and Gronau (Leine). But i dont't know how strict the 'rules' for the cities are to be called "the same".

One more would be:
:flag-be: Essen and :flag-de: Essen. Additionally, there also seems to be :flag-de: Essen (Oldenburg) in Northern Germany but again with the region added.
Again with regions being added, there could be:
:flag-be: Halle, :flag-de: Halle (Westfalen) and :flag-de: Halle (Saale). After a search for "Halle" here in the system I also recieved the following places called Halle: :flag-nl: Halle, :flag-de: Halle (Lkr. Holzminden), :flag-de: Halle (Lkr. Grafschaft Bentheim)
my EBT profile

If you'd like to contact me, don't hesitate to write a PM to me, or to send an email. I can understand German (native language), English and Dutch :wink:
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Just heard of the village of França, way up in northern Portugal. It's not likely to hit with any place in its immediate vicinity, let alone France...
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Montgomery Burns wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:24 pm There are about ten "Lisbons" in the US. They are all quite desolate places, I don't think anyone will ever register a single note in any of them lol (unless it becomes a road-trip goal for some EBTist) .
Where's George users, it seems, can get all manner of Iberian hits without actually visiting Iberia!

http://www.wheresgeorge.com/b:YrdskTTDc
vermeer
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by vermeer »

There is even a Groningen in Minnesota, USA! > Google Maps co-ordinates: 46.150657, -92.923639
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

LArdennais wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 12:20 pm Many Rome's places into USA
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Montgomery Burns wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:24 pm There are about ten "Lisbons" in the US. They are all quite desolate places
Case in point...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctJgmjO5pPU

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”