Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

ludofaki
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Hits between same places

Post by ludofaki »

Hi,
I was wondering if there already excisted a topic/list with hits in places with the same name

For example
Meppen ( :flag-de: 49716) - Meppen ( :flag-nl: 7855)
Haren ( :flag-de: 49733 ) - Haren ( :flag-nl: 9751)
Groningen ( :flag-nl: 9700) - Gröningen ( :flag-de: 39397)

The ultimate hit would be
Emmen ( :flag-nl: 7800) -Emmen ( :flag-nl: 7722) - Emmen ( Switzerland 6032)

Do you know more and probably more interesting, do you have a hit like this.
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Hits between same places

Post by lmviterbo »

The topic semms interesting but at the moment there isn't any of those hits you mention.

Other very interesting hits would be between Waterloo, Belgium and Waterloo, Canada; or between Paris, France and Paris, Texas.
RKPLt
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by RKPLt »

lmviterbo wrote:The topic semms interesting but at the moment there isn't any of those hits you mention.

Other very interesting hits would be between Waterloo, Belgium and Waterloo, Canada; or between Paris, France and Paris, Texas.
Then this banknote should be registered at Paryžius, Lithuania :D It is situated in the opposite side of the road just near Šveicarija (Switzerland in lithuanian) on the way from London to Venice (Londonas on the left, Venecija on the right).
By the way: that is a unique possibility to go from London to Venice, driving only 23 km, and seeing Paris and Switzerland :wink:
Attachments
Europe in Lithuania.jpg
Europe in Lithuania.jpg (105.61 KiB) Viewed 4082 times
Geros medžioklės! / Have a good hunt!
Aatos99
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Aatos99 »

RKPLt wrote:
lmviterbo wrote:The topic semms interesting but at the moment there isn't any of those hits you mention.

Then this banknote should be registered at Paryžius, Lithuania :D It is situated in the opposite side of the road just near Šveicarija (Switzerland in lithuanian) on the way from London to Venice (Londonas on the left, Venecija on the right).
By the way: that is a unique possibility to go from London to Venice, driving only 23 km, and seeing Paris and Switzerland :wink:
Nice :) Today I also saw a sign to London in Pietarsaari, Finland :D

I know also three different Brändö-named places in Finland, two are just part of different cities and one is a municipality. There might be hits between that kind of places.
Ei sitä koskaan tiedä_Aatos99
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Montgomery Burns »

There are about ten "Lisbons" in the US. They are all quite desolate places, I don't think anyone will ever register a single note in any of them lol (unless it becomes a road-trip goal for some EBTist) .
vermeer
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by vermeer »

Emmen has no postalcode 7722. That belongs to Dalfsen
ludofaki
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by ludofaki »

RKPLt wrote:

That's cool.
We have in the Netherlands a town called Nieuw Moscou (New Moscow) and it's really close to De Krim. :lol:

Furthermore it would be possible to have hits with Maroc, Denmark, England within the Netherlands.
vermeer
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by vermeer »

Assen
Berlin
C
De Punt, Den Haag, Dongen, Düsseldorf
Essen (B)
F
Garrelsweer, Groningen
Hamburg, Hamont, Haren, Helmbrechts, Hilversum, Hoogkerk
Ingolstadt
J
Kouvola
Leer (ostfriesland), Leeuwarden, Lelystad
M
Nijmegen, Norderney, Nürnberg
Oulu
Paterswolde
Q
Roden
Sleeuwijk
T
Utrecht
Veendam, Venlo, Voerendaal
Werkendam
X
Y
Zandvoort aan zee
Aatos99
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Aatos99 »

I found new information; there's still place named Koski Tl (Koski in Turku region), but there have been also a place named Koski Hl (Koski in region of Häme). Nowadays, Koski Hl is named Hämeenkoski, but you can easily get notes from both places, so that kind of hit is possible, while very unexpected.
Ei sitä koskaan tiedä_Aatos99
Kleman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Kleman »

There's a lot of "same places" in France :D
Mes stats

Monde: 34
France :flag-fr: : 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1

Notes: 882 825
Hits: 1436
RKPLt
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by RKPLt »

One more possibility to have HUGE triple hit: Malta, which everyone here knows (entire island) - Malta in Austria (https://en.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=173965461) - Malta in eastern Latvia (between Daugavpils and Rezekne)
Geros medžioklės! / Have a good hunt!
Elmo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Elmo »

I'n lucky to have a hit from Rabat (Gozo) to Rabat (Malta)! 8)
Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are 'It might have been.' - Kurt Vonnegut
vermeer
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by vermeer »

The chance of getting a hit with a town with the same, but different name is only Groningen with Gröningen and Markgröningen + Essen (Belgium and Germany). There is also an Essen between Groningen and Haren, but nobody has entered something there.
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Montgomery Burns »

Elmo wrote:I'n lucky to have a hit from Rabat (Gozo) to Rabat (Malta)! 8)
Is "Banif" the name of the bank? Would never have guessed they had a location in Malta (I'm assuming it's the former Portuguese bank Banco Internacional do Funchal, now part of Santander).

On another note, there are a few examples in this thread. In fact, those posts should, somehow, be removed from there and pasted here, because they are off-topic (I'm one of the guilty parties :P ).
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Montgomery Burns wrote:Is "Banif" the name of the bank? Would never have guessed they had a location in Malta (I'm assuming it's the former Portuguese bank Banco Internacional do Funchal, now part of Santander).
8O I hadn't noticed. Well, the answer is yes.

Here's the current situation on a newspaper article (in Portuguese): Expresso Economia 2016-10-04. Summary: Banif (the Portuguese bank) had a branch in Malta; when Banif filed for bankruptcy, a company named Oitante was created to manage the situation; Oitante eventually sold most of Banif's actives to Santander, but kept some, including Banif Bank (Malta); a few months ago, Banif (Malta) was sold to a subsidiary of a Qatari giant, Al Faisal Holding.

No Google Street View, but here's the location of the Banif branch where the note was obtained: https://goo.gl/maps/BwZtNXJuR1E2
Montgomery Burns wrote:On another note, there are a few examples in this thread. In fact, those posts should, somehow, be removed from there and pasted here, because they are off-topic (I'm one of the guilty parties :P ).
Well, I haven't found much on that thread that is related to this one, but at least thanks to rereading it I found a pair of "namesake places" that share a EBT hit (Monaco and Munich — both are named Monaco in Italian):

http://pt.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=113247188

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”