Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

GWR7007
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Reconstructing note data without knowing the shortcode

Post by GWR7007 »

Hi all,

I happend to be on holiday for a couple of days. As EBTer I tend to walk around with open eyes and so it is no wonder that especially donation boxes of museums attracketed me. Unforunately, I could not write down full data of notes (shortcode and serial number) but serial nubers only.
There was someone on the German forum who could reconstruct the shortcodes but he seems to be quite inactive.
Is there anyone else who could do this? I would then send the numbers to that person via PM.

Thanks in advance :P .
my EBT profile

If you'd like to contact me, don't hesitate to write a PM to me, or to send an email. I can understand German (native language), English and Dutch :wink:
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Reconstructing note data without knowing the shortcode

Post by lmviterbo »

I can do it for most notes, probably not for all you've written down the numbers of. Deriving the printer plate from the serial number isn't always elementary. Even if I can derive both letters and last digit of the printer code (shortcode), the plate itself (the three first digits) sometimes is very difficult to find out.

Anyway, send me the notes via pm and I'll do my best. :)
LArdennais
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by LArdennais »

And if lmviterbo can't find all solutions / answers at your questions, you can also send to me the informations ;)
http://liste.eurobillets.free.fr/ : don't miss it every day ! à zieuter tous les jours ! kijk elke dag ! :D

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... =fr&gl=US] : A utiliser sans modération ! :)
GWR7007
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by GWR7007 »

I've sent a PM to LArdennais. In case he cannot find all "answers" I'll do a second attempt with other volunteers.

Anyway, thanks for all the answers I got up to now :D 8) .
my EBT profile

If you'd like to contact me, don't hesitate to write a PM to me, or to send an email. I can understand German (native language), English and Dutch :wink:
GWR7007
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by GWR7007 »

Have to write here again :roll: ....

Some days ago i was given a list of €-notes by a friend who wanted to support me (not a member of EBT himself but I may write down the odd note if we happen to meet each other).
Unfortunately, he did not list the shortcodes (he just wrote down the serial numbers). I would still like to enter them on EBT especially as he put that effort in them to write down the serials. However, it is a rather large amount of notes, or 36x :note-50: (ES2), 2x :note-20: (ES2), 4x :note-10: (ES2) en 4x :note-5: (ES2) to be more precise :oops: . Is anyone willing to give it a try :wink: ?
my EBT profile

Aatos99
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Aatos99 »

GWR7007 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:08 pm Have to write here again :roll: ....

Some days ago i was given a list of €-notes by a friend who wanted to support me (not a member of EBT himself but I may write down the odd note if we happen to meet each other).
Unfortunately, he did not list the shortcodes (he just wrote down the serial numbers). I would still like to enter them on EBT especially as he put that effort in them to write down the serials. However, it is a rather large amount of notes, or 36x :note-50: (ES2), 2x :note-20: (ES2), 4x :note-10: (ES2) en 4x :note-5: (ES2) to be more precise :oops: . Is anyone willing to give it a try :wink: ?
Short codes aren't so important, because hits are registered by the serial number. So if you can't find the exact short codes, you can search from your own notes those ones which have same kind of serial number, and use their short codes when entering the new notes. That's what I have done with my donation box notes.
Ei sitä koskaan tiedä_Aatos99
scrtr
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by scrtr »

GWR7007 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:08 pm Is anyone willing to give it a try :wink: ?
I'm not sure about the :note-50:, but I can give it a try for the other notes. :wink:
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

The Europa series :note-50: are the only ones I can do easily. You may send me the serials. :)

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”