Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

johnny.k
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Cities in Dublin County

Post by johnny.k »

Hi there.

I'm currently in Ireland and want to track some euronotes. But I stumbled across a problem. Some towns or villages in the County of Dublin exist on eurobilltracker, some don't. E.g. There is Tallaght, but no Walkinstown or Saggart.
If I get some notes in Saggart, should I register them as 24 Dublin or as Saggart?
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Cities in Dublin County

Post by Montgomery Burns »

I hope you get a proper answer. But in case you don't, let me say this: enter them in what you feel is correct. The site has "rules" which kick in automatically (it's not perfect), so you may enter a note from place x and the system will automatically assign it to place y, because that's "more" correct. In other cases, you may simply be the first at any given place to enter a note! Places which have never been entered into database will not show up anywhere on the site, but that does not mean you shouldn't enter X Town's name if you feel that it's correct.
Burdie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Burdie »

I wish everything was going automatically, It works if the Name is in the system. If EBT can´t find the name, than the System can´t place it and leaves it open (No dot and not signed to an region) `City Managers´ had to place them in the right region and give it a dot by entering the coordinates in.
I am the Irish City Manager and I did found Saggart and Walkingstown on the map and in Dublin County. So If You are entering under these names, The dot is getting there (we try) within two days.
For Ireland, if you use the correct Eircode, I can give It the right coordinates based on the Eircode (if the name of the location is right)
Personal statistics from: NIGMM / EBTST / EBTcheck 250 Hits with 2 triple :flag-ie: 3 :flag-eu: 410
list of (known by me) latest "codes_country.txt" files Blog
Bullmeister
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Bullmeister »

Ireland needs more Eurobilltrackers 😉😉
thejay
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by thejay »

Hi,

End of March I'll be visiting :flag-ie: for six days. I'll be travelling around by train and I've already planned a few days combining sight-seeing with dot-hunting :)

* I read in other threads that most ATMs dispend only :note-20: or :note-50:
* Using the eirpostcodes is not compulsory
* I saw that there are ATMs in some shops (supermarkets like Centra)... are you required/expected to buy anything in the shop or can you just walk in, use the ATM and walk back out again? Do they charge fees?
* Some other general tips for tracking notes?
Xerxes84
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by Xerxes84 »

thejay wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:03 pm Hi,

End of March I'll be visiting :flag-ie: for six days. I'll be travelling around by train and I've already planned a few days combining sight-seeing with dot-hunting :)

* I read in other threads that most ATMs dispend only :note-20: or :note-50:
* Using the eirpostcodes is not compulsory
* I saw that there are ATMs in some shops (supermarkets like Centra)... are you required/expected to buy anything in the shop or can you just walk in, use the ATM and walk back out again? Do they charge fees?
* Some other general tips for tracking notes?
Most ATMs here only give out :note-20: and :note-50:. Some Ulster Bank and Bank of Ireland ATMs give out :note-10: but not all. If you do find a machine that gives out :note-10:, more often than not the machine will have run out of :note-10:. I don't think AIB machines give out :note-10: at all.

I never use eircodes. When I'm in Dublin I never use the postcode either. The ones you see like D1, D2, D17 etc are not really postcodes, well not ones of much use anyway. They are more like postal districts. I just enter all notes in Dublin as Dublin even if I'm in the suburbs..places like Tallaght, Rathmines, Ranelagh, Blanchardstown, Dundrum etc ...they are all just Dublin anyway.

You don't need to buy anything to use the ATMs in shops like Spar, Centra, Dunnes etc. These stand alone machines (not built into the wall) only ever give out :note-20: and :note-50: regardless of the bank.

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”