Why low hits?

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

bumboozel
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Re: Why low hits?

Post by bumboozel »

Only one way to turn this around: More Users!
How - I don’t know 😅
It needs to happen, though. Maybe we can buy some late night infomercial TV spots 😂
colondee
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by colondee »

bumboozel wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:20 pm Only one way to turn this around: More Users!
How - I don’t know 😅
It needs to happen, though. Maybe we can buy some late night infomercial TV spots 😂
Well, the problem is that in some countries like NL and FI people are becoming hostile to cash. It's going to stick around in countries like Germany for some time, but even there more and more people are trying to stop using cash as much as possible.

I am in the UK, so I don't get that many euros in the first place, but in the past 2-3 years all my friends travelling to the eurozone have stopped using cash and prefer to pay for everything by card.
bumboozel
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by bumboozel »

I agree and it’s a shame. Even though I am relatively young myself I don’t understand people moving away from cash money. 😂
Still there is plenty of cash in circulation... just not enough of it being tracked here. 😐
Aatos99
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Aatos99 »

colondee wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:16 pm
Well, the problem is that in some countries like NL and FI people are becoming hostile to cash. It's going to stick around in countries like Germany for some time, but even there more and more people are trying to stop using cash as much as possible.

I am in the UK, so I don't get that many euros in the first place, but in the past 2-3 years all my friends travelling to the eurozone have stopped using cash and prefer to pay for everything by card.
It's indeed like you said, Finnish people pay much with their cards compared to the other Eurozone. But still, huge majority of all kind of shops still accept cash.

I'm even surprised about that, because in Sweden it's quite common that smaller/some kind of specific shops doesn't take anything but card/mobile payments. Even many McDonald's's doesn't accept cash at night time, but that's maybe mostly because of the risk to be robbed. Still, I can't even imagine that McDonald's wouldn't accept cash in Finland, even at night.

In my experience, working as a cashier and watching how does people pay in shops I visit, I'm surprised how large the usage of cash still is. While younger people mostly use cards, most of us still have even a little amount cash all the time, and people seem to regard it as useful in many situations.

The change is still going on fastly, but were not yet in the same situation than Sweden. There they really think of getting totally rid of the cash, and it wouldn't even be impossibly hard in their situation.
Ei sitä koskaan tiedä_Aatos99
Mk1992
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Mk1992 »

Maybe this is why: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ore-vaults

German banks have three times more physical cash stored than in 2016. Including tracked notes obviously!
#1 user of Beek, #9 of Limburg, #103 of the Netherlands, #1021 EBT-wide (per 22.03.2024)
The only way is up!

Visited Countries: :flag-nl: :flag-be: :flag-de: :flag-fr: :flag-it: :flag-fi: :flag-pt: :flag-at: :flag-es: :flag-lu: :flag-si: :flag-sk: :flag-sm: :flag-cz: :flag-mc: + Liechtenstein
bumboozel
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by bumboozel »

Mk1992 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:13 pm German banks have three times more physical cash stored than in 2016. Including tracked notes obviously!
I hope they are holding one of the first notes entered ever on EBT and they will give it to me sometime in the future 😉

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”