Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

lapislazuli_18
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Re: Irish Eurobilltrackers .....

Post by lapislazuli_18 »

Burdie wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:01 am Hello Lapislazuli

There is no problem to spent your cash in Ireland. It is widely accepted.

Hits are very hard to find in Ireland, there are only 28 hits so far this year in whole Ireland. I am almost 10 month dry for hits. On the other hand, If you have a hit, there is a good change that it is an International hit :D

The ATM give us most of the times :note-20: and :note-50: sometimes i was getting a :note-5: or :note-10: but not often.

Enjoy your stay in Ireland and good luck with everything
Hi Burdie! Sad to hear about the difficulty of getting a hit in Ireland... I guess that's the same as in Spain where hits are just too rare :cry:
A caballo entre Navarra y el País Vasco
A veces por el resto de la península y el extranjero

El recordar de una determinada imagen no es sino echar de menos un determinado instante, y las caras, los caminos, los paseos, desgraciadamente son tan fugitivos como los años

En busca del tiempo perdido I, Por el camino de Swann
Marcel Proust
lapislazuli_18
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by lapislazuli_18 »

Hits are very hard to find in Ireland, there are only 28 hits so far this year in whole Ireland. I am almost 10 month dry for hits. On the other hand, If you have a hit, there is a good change that it is an International hit :D

The ATM give us most of the times :note-20: and :note-50: sometimes i was getting a :note-5: or :note-10: but not often.

Hello again. In just some weeks I'll be flying to Cork for my Erasmus stay. I've been told by other people who have spent their Erasmus there that the best (and by best I mean cheapest :D ) supermarkets are Aldi and Lidl. Do you have any recommendation for a student that is on a budget and does not want to go broke when grocery shopping in :flag-ie: ? Also, are most places in Ireland Card only or is cash ok to use anywhere? Are there any machines that exchange your higher bills into lower ones and viceversa? I've heard there are some of those in other countries but I have never seen one.

Thanks in advance

El recordar de una determinada imagen no es sino echar de menos un determinado instante, y las caras, los caminos, los paseos, desgraciadamente son tan fugitivos como los años

Marcel Proust
Burdie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Burdie »

lapislazuli_18 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:56 pm

Hello again. In just some weeks I'll be flying to Cork for my Erasmus stay. I've been told by other people who have spent their Erasmus there that the best (and by best I mean cheapest :D ) supermarkets are Aldi and Lidl. Do you have any recommendation for a student that is on a budget and does not want to go broke when grocery shopping in :flag-ie: ? Also, are most places in Ireland Card only or is cash ok to use anywhere? Are there any machines that exchange your higher bills into lower ones and viceversa? I've heard there are some of those in other countries but I have never seen one.

Thanks in advance
As an Aldi Store Assistant I had to say that the best store is .... Aldi :D Although the prices did also rise in the last two years, we try to keep the price / quality scale as good as possible.

I have no problem to spend my money, paying cash is no problem.

I never saw a so called Retail ATM machine in Ireland. In some ATM machines you can choose a little bit how you want your notes.
Personal statistics from: NIGMM / EBTST / EBTcheck 250 Hits with 2 triple :flag-ie: 3 :flag-eu: 410
list of (known by me) latest "codes_country.txt" files Blog
lapislazuli_18
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by lapislazuli_18 »

Burdie wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:30 pm
lapislazuli_18 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:56 pm

Thanks in advance
As an Aldi Store Assistant I had to say that the best store is .... Aldi :D Although the prices did also rise in the last two years, we try to keep the price / quality scale as good as possible.

I have no problem to spend my money, paying cash is no problem.

I never saw a so called Retail ATM machine in Ireland. In some ATM machines you can choose a little bit how you want your notes.
heehehheeheh I'll have to trust you and go to Aldi to get my groceries :D

You mentioned that you can sometimes choose your denominations at the ATMs, which bank is the best one in that sense? I will most surely bring some notes with me but I might find myself needing some more (I'm not a fan of paying by card) and I would like to know which ones are best to choose your bills. If there are any machines giving out :note-5: or even :note-100: that would great.

Marcel Proust
lapislazuli_18
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by lapislazuli_18 »

Hey guys, I'm already in Ireland and I've been loving it so far. My question is, do you know any ATMs that do not charge a fee to people who withdraw money using a card that is not from an Irish bank? I got a single :note-50: from a BOI ATM the other day and it charged me €3 for that! If you know any way I can minimise these charges or completely avoid them, please let me know.

Marcel Proust

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”