Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

spasiba
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Android App EBT.art

Post by spasiba »

Hi all,

enclosed some information regarding the Android App called "EBT.art" for registering bank notes,
"art" stands for accelerated registration tool.
It is available in these languages: English, German, Italian, Slovenian, Portuguese, Dutch, Croatian, French

Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... eactiveebt
Presentation from EBTM-IVM Summer 2020: download/file.php?mode=view&id=18166

Please try it and feel free to comment ...
Spasiba
Attachments
EBT Android App.pdf
(1011.71 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
Last edited by spasiba on Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Android App

Post by lmviterbo »

Great!

Thanks for your presentation on the 1st EBT-IVM, and for making your supporting slideshow available here!

Should we use this forum topic for suggestions? For reporting issues? For both? Anything else?
Arminius
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Arminius »

Does not work on my Galaxy (no camera activation, no "Standort" possible).

Maybe i have to activate some general features first?

:?:
Arminius
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Arminius »

After deleting and new second installation it works.

:D
spasiba
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by spasiba »

Yes,

Yes, feel free to suggest new features here.
For reporting issues we prefer a PM.

Spasiba
lmviterbo wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:23 am Great!

Thanks for your presentation on the 1st EBT-IVM, and for making your supporting slideshow available here!

Should we use this forum topic for suggestions? For reporting issues? For both? Anything else?
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Here are the suggestions I made during the EBT-IVM, for future memory:
  • Renaming the app, if possible, to something other than the plain EuroBillTracker (which can also lead to think that it is an official app). Among my suggestions for a new name, EBT-ART (EuroBillTracker Accelerated Register Tool) seems to have been the most cherished. Other suggestions were EuroFLo (EuroBillTracker Fast Logger), and EBTAL (EuroBillTracker Accelerated Logger).
  • Make the comment field a search tool, the way taucher's/yoyodat's Billy does, as such: the dropdown list of comments is not dependent on a complete country+town+zipcode preset; instead, it is possible to set only the country, or only country+town, in order to have a searchable dropdown list of all comments therein; then, if you choose a single comment, a dropdown list of town+zipcodes (those where you registered notes with that particular comment) shows up. This makes it possible for you to enter a place where you've been before (e.g., a restaurant), which you know the name of but which zipcode you don't know, or can't remember.
And here are some new suggestions:
  • When you click on the location field (country+town+zipcode), it would be nice if the town was automatically set to the last one used, even if you can change it if you want, and the focus was already on the zipcode subfield. (Way over 90% of the times I register notes, they're from Lisboa, Portugal.)
  • "<#> notes recently entered" is a nice feedback to have, but it would be much nicer if it were a little more precise than that, like "<n> notes recently entered successfully, <p> notes invalid, <q> notes repeated". At the moment, the figure shown includes invalid and repeated ("already entered") notes, which isn't very useful in my opinion.
  • It would be great if the app can check nice serials (e.g. radar numbers, or serial numbers with only two numerals, or with the same digit repeated 6 or more times in a row), and then alert the user if a nice serial is detected (say, "Note submitted. Nice serial!").
  • It would be extra great if there's a similar detection and alert method for rare combinations. (Regarding the previous suggestion and this one, I'll be glad to discuss with you what numbers and combinations should generate an alert.)
  • better detection for current location (I don't know what location database is used by EBT New Note, but it works way better (almost perfect, in fact) for Portugal (no idea if it is equally good for other countries, although I suspect it is, because the Portuguese postal code system is among the most complex/complicated in Europe).
Arminius
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Arminius »

Maybe you should take care for the speed before adding too much capacity and time consuming gimmicks. For some cases (notes in a series, notes with similar serials, ...) i´m still faster with the keyboard. Especially for blue :note-20: with low contrast.
Worn or slender type Js are often read as Is . So checking the printer code results also takes time. #

Otherwise a great tool with good potentials to motivate the digital generation for our database.

:)
spasiba
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by spasiba »

Hello lmviterbo,
Our marketing department (Elke) agrees to the name you have suggested, we will use this notation: "€BT.art", and "art" is the abbrevation as you suggested: Accelerated Register Tool.

Thank you
spasiba
lmviterbo wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:59 am Renaming the app, if possible, to something other than the plain EuroBillTracker (which can also lead to think that it is an official app). Among my suggestions for a new name, EBT-ART (EuroBillTracker Accelerated Register Tool) seems to have been the most cherished. Other suggestions were EuroFLo (EuroBillTracker Fast Logger), and EBTAL (EuroBillTracker Accelerated Logger).
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

spasiba wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:41 pm Our marketing department (Elke) agrees to the name you have suggested, we will use this notation: "€BT.art", and "art" is the abbrevation as you suggested: Accelerated Register Tool.
Great! I'm honored. 8)

Just be sure that someone who searches EBT.art (with a letter E instead of the Euro symbol) can find it too.
spasiba
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by spasiba »

lmviterbo wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:23 pm Just be sure that someone who searches EBT.art (with a letter E instead of the Euro symbol) can find it too.
Using the Euro symbol has a second disadvantage: The app will be listed at the end of the alphabet, after the letter Z. So we will use EBT.art.
aloxe
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Android App EBT.art

Post by aloxe »

Heyo, I discovered the App tanks to the last virtual meeting and I have to say this is like a dream come true. I thought that would be possible and someone made it ! Bravo EBT-ART.

I don't feel like adding new features on it right now. I just send a few bug reports for the use I had with it so far.
a̳l̳o̳x̳e̳ • my other statsmy map of France
phrenq
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by phrenq »

Hello,

Thank you inviterbo for your work on the app.

I the App was upgraded on my old Android v4.4 phone and it doesn't run (crash on start).

I'm aware that this is a very old version, no need to try to fix that, but the previous version was working well, and helped me a lot in inserting dozens of banknotes. Since Google Play doesn't provide any way to downgrade, is it possible to get the apk archive to install it manually ?

Thanks,

Phrenq
spasiba
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by spasiba »

phrenq wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:27 am I the App was upgraded on my old Android v4.4 phone and it doesn't run (crash on start).
Hello Phrenq,
Did you try to uninstall the app and reinstall it (instead of upgrading)?
Peter
phrenq
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by phrenq »

Sorry for late reply, I might have forgotten to ask for notifications.

Yes, I tried to first remove App data, then fully remove the app, reinstall, and it crashes.

I tried on a newer phone and it started correctly (but I couldn't login and try further at that time)

I told the phone to send the report as it proposed me, not sure it it reaches the developer through Google workflow...

If just an old apk were available, that would probably be easier for everyone.
spasiba
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

EBT.art Version 1.4.3

Post by spasiba »

Version 1.4.3 is out now.

Changes:
- Support for Portuguese (Thanks to Miguel)
- Better user experience for text recognition with the camera
- Feedback during search for comments

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”