EBT in the media

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus

Gauss
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Gauss » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:28 am

There has been another short article in Italian on a Suiss website.

goldwood
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Postby goldwood » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:07 pm

There were two litte articles about EBT in local papers but there was no link to the website. :?
They just said that only 16% of the bills in Belgium were from here. I'll scan them soon.

Klazu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Postby Klazu » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:00 am

The small flow of new German users yesterday was thanks to this article I managed to get published. With the readership of about 2 million I was hoping a few more new users, but one has to be happy with what he gets. :)
Living away from Euro zone in the beautiful Vancouver, Canada since January 2012. Experiences and stories of living in here can be found in here (in Finnish).

Schlauchen
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Location: Kleinschwarzenbach / Helmbrechts / Franconia / Germany

Postby Schlauchen » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:42 pm

This is the translation of this article:

Who knows where my money goes to?
“Eurobilltracking” – “Schlauchen” plays a game with the euro

Some save it, some spend it – and Sabrina Bernhardt makes something completely different with her money: She follows the history of the eurobills – from their birth to the time where they are in her hands. She was bored and had a look in a magazine. Suddenly a small article attracted attention to her. “Did you ever want to know where your eurobill comes from?” – “yes”, she thought, and started her computer.
Being on the site “eurobilltracker.com”, she was intrigued, took a bill out of her purse and typed the short code and the serial number into the boxes. And in the box “comment” she wrote where she got the bill – from the butcher Weber in Helmbrechts. Then she clicked “ok” and looked on the screen. She saw that noone else had registered the bill before. But now the bill is registered. Meanwhile Sabrina has expended the bill. “If anyone in the world gets the bill and registers it on the site, then he knows, that I had it in my hands yet”. That’s the thing Sabrina excites. “I’m not addicted to it”, she says, but she takes every chance to check where her bills come from. Always, when Schlauchen, that’s Sabrinas username, has a bill in her hands, she writes down the serial number and checks at home. Then her fingers are hightailing over the keyboard.
In two months she has three hits now. A 10-Euro-bill from 2002, that Sabrina registered on September 2nd, had exactly 760 days ago a Hollander in Vlissingen 586 km away. The other bill was registered by “9gamemaster” in Ludwigslust in Mecklenburg-Western Pomeria. The third bill was printed in Athen for the Bank of Greece and travelled 111 kilometres in 99 days (from Nuremberg to Helmbrechts).
Sabrina is no computer-freaks, but the 18-year-old loves to write e-mails. She serves an apprenticeship in a tax advisers office – “because of that I can type so quickly” – and she likes to read novels. And with 1883 registered bills she’s on rank 494 of the national ranking. “It sounds less – only three hits with 1883 registered bills – but far and wide I’m the only person tracking in greater rate.” The more persons register bills, the more hits. The statistic on the site says that up to now 114225 users registered 35 172 913 bills and had 142302 hits. The statistic also says that most of the users are from finland. Up to now bills worth about 44 million euros were registered. In the region hof most of them by Sabrina.

Article from the Frankenpost – I’m not sure about the date – I hope I translated it correctly!

Through the article there came about 15 new users to EBT - one of them is a big competitor for me in my region!!!!

Beatminister
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Postby Beatminister » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:41 pm

What happend now :?:
Over 300 new italian users today :!: 8)

ravestorm
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby ravestorm » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:13 am

Beatminister wrote:What happend now :?:
Over 300 new italian users today :!: 8)

A column, called Pixel, of Italian TG3 newscast spoke about EBT.
This is the podcast video link:
http://www.rai.tv/mpplaymediageneric/0, ... 87,00.html
«Io dormirò tranquillo perché so che il mio peggior nemico veglia su di me.»
    Biondo - Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo

PLEASE, DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!

Il 19.09.2013 ho scritto: Comicerò a cambiare atteggiamento da ora in poi, quindi che il forum non si lamenti se da ora in avanti verranno prese misure drastiche.

avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby avij » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:03 pm

Could someone please capture the video somehow? I don't have the necessary software installed for that.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
EBT Tech WG leader. Do not PM me if your question is not related to Tech WG or the association.

diogocanilho
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Postby diogocanilho » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:02 pm

Anyone knows why so many chinese registered today in the EBT?

Beatminister
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Postby Beatminister » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:49 pm

diogocanilho wrote:Anyone knows why so many chinese registered today in the EBT?

Preparations for the Olympics? :D

eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby eddydevries » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:42 pm

Beatminister wrote:
diogocanilho wrote:Anyone knows why so many chinese registered today in the EBT?

Preparations for the Olympics? :D
Not a bad idea :wink: :idea: : it could be right.
Eddy - Den Haag - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1590 +56 triples +1 quadruple = 1647.

Facebook-profile + hyves-profile + postcrossing

ajax_rotterdam
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Postby ajax_rotterdam » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:31 pm

avij wrote:Could someone please capture the video somehow? I don't have the necessary software installed for that.

I have downloaded it, to which email adres should i send it?
Just the regular e-mail contact address?

avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby avij » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:33 pm

ajax_rotterdam wrote:
avij wrote:Could someone please capture the video somehow? I don't have the necessary software installed for that.

I have downloaded it, to which email adres should i send it?
Just the regular e-mail contact address?

Thanks, the regular contact address would be fine.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
EBT Tech WG leader. Do not PM me if your question is not related to Tech WG or the association.

ajax_rotterdam
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Postby ajax_rotterdam » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:21 pm

avij wrote:Thanks, the regular contact address would be fine.

I've send the email.

ajax_rotterdam
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Postby ajax_rotterdam » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:37 pm

When looking on my own weblog, http://www.nflnieuws.blogspot.com, i've noticed eurobilltracker ads on my google adsense bar.
Nice work!

GP
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Postby GP » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:40 am

Today EuroBillTracker is on the news in the Netherlands. It goes about the bills from other countries in our country.. Every newsmedium (??) have an item about it. They do not all call the website, but somebody does it. Very nice! :D Look at the new users from today!!

And tomorroy i'm sure all the newspapers have an item about it, and I hope they all place the URL! So we have a lot new users + bills + hits from the NETHERLANDS :D:D

(It's my best English :lol: :oops: )
My Statistics

Meld je vandaag nog aan om snel geld te verdienen!!
MoneyMiljonair
EuroClix
Mijn tussenstand: €425,-

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”