EBT in the media

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

BaliBennie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by BaliBennie »

The largest Dutch Press Agency ANP released the next news at 07:42 this morning. At this moment it already resulted in 483 new Dutch users. This number will increase alot today. Also the Dutch Television News NOS is mentioning this news on its site. So it may appear on national television news this evening. Tomorrow this news will be in most newspapers creating yet another flow of new users.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nog weinig bankbiljetten van Nederlandse makelij

BRUSSEL (ANP) - Nog nooit zaten er in Nederlandse portemonnees zoveel eurobankbiljetten van buitenlandse makelij. Slechts een op vier biljetten (26 procent) is nog in Nederland gedrukt. Een laagterecord, zo blijkt uit continu onderzoek door vrijwilligers van website eurobilltracker.com.

Een jaar geleden was nog 40 procent van de eurobriefjes in Nederland van Nederlandse makelij. Kort na de introductie van de euro in januari 2002 was dat zo'n 95 procent.

Door buitenlandse reizen en internationaal bankverkeer zitten in de Nederlandse portemonnees veelal biljetten uit Duitsland (22 procent) en Frankrijk (19 procent). Relatief veel eurobriefjes komen uit de vakantielanden Oostenrijk (11 procent) en Spanje (10 procent).

Herkennen
De herkomst is te herkennen aan een letter voor het serienummer op het biljet. Zo staat een P voor Nederland, een X voor Duitsland en een U voor Frankrijk. De nationale banken van de eurolanden spreken onderling af wie welke biljetten drukt. Het aantal biljetten varieert daarom voortdurend.

Dit jaar laat Nederland biljetten van 20 en 50 euro bijdrukken. Vorig jaar kwamen er nieuwe Nederlandse 10 en 100 eurobriefjes in omloop, zo meldt de Europese Centrale Bank (ECB). Totaal circuleerden eind december 12,1 miljard bankbiljetten met de euro. Die waren samen 676 miljard euro waard. Meest in omloop is overigens het briefje van 50 euro.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Translation by BaliBennie

Only a small amount of Dutch eurobills remain

BRUSSEL (ANP) - Never has there been so many eurobills from foreign make in the Dutch wallets. Only one in four bills (26 percent) is still produced in The Netherlands. A new record low, as can be concluded from continuous research performed by volunteers of the website eurobilltracker.com.

One year ago still 40 percent of all eurobills were made in The Netherlands. Shortly after the introduction of the euro in january 2002 it was around 95 percent.

Because of foreign travels and international banking there are many more German (22 percent) and French (19 percent) bills in the Dutch wallets. Relatively many eurobills are coming from the holiday destinations Austria (11 percent) and Spain (10 percent).

Recognise
The origin can be recognised by the prefix in front of the serial number on the bill. The P stands for The Netherlands, the X for Germany and the U for France. The national banks of the eurocountries decide between them who will print which values. The total number of bills varies constantly because of that.

In this year The Netherlands will print bills of 20 and 50 euro. Last year new Dutch bills of 10 and 100 euro were issued, as was reported by the European Central Bank (ECB). In total there were 12.1 billion eurobills in circulation by the end of december. They had a total value of 676 billion euro. The bill that is most in circulation is the bill of 50 euro.
Visit my homepage to see my statistics, maps and more!

Look at my 5 years statistics

Er gaat niets boven Groningen EBT
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Fons »

Quite a big radio station phoned me today, they asked me if I was be able to make a short talk about EBT with them, because I was one of the Dutch top users :) And of course I was willing to do that :D

I noticed it was a lot more difficult than expected :)
I'm not sure that I made it very interesting, at least I explained EBT a bit :P
Crossmaster
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Crossmaster »

Wow, seems we will have a tsunami of new dutch users the next days...
Amazing! Maybe the media of other countries will pic up this topic...
Doi merg prin pădure. Unul găseşte 100 de lei altul nu...

Mein Profil, meine NIG-Statistiken.
Quizmaster
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Quizmaster »

EBT has just been mentioned in the national eight o'clock news. :D
My Profile
-> If you carry notes with you to a distant location, why not use the comment field to tell us (roughly) where they went? <-
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Fons »

Crossmaster wrote:Wow, seems we will have a tsunami of new dutch users the next days...
Amazing! Maybe the media of other countries will pic up this topic...
Yes, and I think it'll be published in various newspapers tomorrow.

>>>>> could be important:

This whole tsumani was the result of a simple message that volounteers of EBT found out that only 26% of all the notes was made in our own country.

I think this can be done in all Euro-countries, the media are not waiting for the fact that we have a new number 1 in the rankings or that we have entered ##-million notes. (sometimes we used to contact newspapers about this) That's no news for them.

But what it was about today is NEWS, which is being published every where and even made it to the news on public TV.
Today the Germans have the news that they have nearly 50% of their own notes in their own country. Belgium: 15%, Austria 47% ("less than 50")

I think there should be 1 (if that doesn't work 2) person in each country, who can contact the national press agency or some national newspapers about the same thing.

The chance is there, that it'll be an success, equal or even better than the tsunami we have here in the Netherlands today.

So just tell us here if you have mailed or phoned a press agency.
BaliBennie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by BaliBennie »

Today brought us 760 new users to EBT. 680 of them were Dutch.
This is the second best day ever for new users on EBT. We came 107 short for first place.

For tomorrow I expect some 250 - 300 new Dutch users that will read about it in the newspapers.
Visit my homepage to see my statistics, maps and more!

Look at my 5 years statistics

Er gaat niets boven Groningen EBT
GP
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by GP »

I thought all the newspapers will place an item about this subject.. But they doesn't.. :( We've got 'only' 155 new users for today now..

And I think Fons have a very important point.. Somebody?
My Statistics

Meld je vandaag nog aan om snel geld te verdienen!!
MoneyMiljonair
EuroClix
Mijn tussenstand: €425,-
Ralf
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ralf »

Today I got also a phone of the dutch television so let's see.
Klazu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Klazu »

Wow, great work everyone! :P
Living away from Euro zone in the beautiful Vancouver, Canada since January 2012. Experiences and stories of living in here can be found in here (in Finnish).
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: EBT in the media

Post by Mr Euro »

Seems we made the belgian press again:

www.hln.be
capitobi
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by capitobi »

Mr Euro wrote:Seems we made the belgian press again:

www.hln.be
Ok, I was wondering already. :)
I suppose there would be even more new users, if they had spelled the URL correctly.
In the article it says "eurobilletracker.com". :roll:
erzin
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by erzin »

there should be another newspaper that spoke about EBT. hln is a flemish newspaper, but there are a lot of new french speaking belgians also.
De-Ker
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by De-Ker »

i still hope there will be an international press release about EBT hitting the 1.000.000.000 €

New users from belgium are always very welcome but we need some in greece, cyprus and ireland too
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

RTL-Radio

Post by Phaseolus »

Please note that I will be interviewed next monday for a very famous Radio-show on RTL-radio in France. The radio-show will be aired between 16h00 and 18h00 Paris time. The Radio show is called "Les Grosses Têtes" and is one of the most famous radio show in France with 2.000.000 auditors !!!! :mrgreen:

This show is aired in France and in other francophone countries such as Belgium, Luxemburg and I don't know about Switzerland.

I would like to ask to the admins to regulate the flow to the website in order to allow as much new users as possible...

Thanks in advance !

Hopefully a fresh new start for EBT in France ! :mrgreen:
Ewri
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ewri »

Will there be an official Press Release about the formation of the Association, so that we can send that to different forms of media?

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”