Scribbling on notes

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons, avij

TheUndertaker
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 345
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:12 am

Re: Scribbling on notes

Post by TheUndertaker » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:37 am

Montgomery Burns wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:25 am
What a fighter! :D
I saw other weird bs
But one of the weirdest notes were 2 x 500€ notes which have been ironed. They turned completely dark
I suspect someone forget them in his jacket and accidentally ironed them.
Or recently a 20€ note (ES1) a dog has taken a big bite in the middle of the Note only the Silver-Stripe was left in the middle and some paper of the top note.
ich füll' mein Bankkonto mit Paper

TheUndertaker
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 345
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:12 am

Re: Scribbling on notes

Post by TheUndertaker » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:42 pm

My first forgein :note-100: and already ready for the shredder
Attachments
0D83ECDE-CF65-403B-8B98-FD331D3DDE39.jpeg
0D83ECDE-CF65-403B-8B98-FD331D3DDE39.jpeg (782.27 KiB) Viewed 410 times
ich füll' mein Bankkonto mit Paper

User avatar
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1942
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:49 pm
Location: Lis., PRT
Contact:

Re: Scribbling on notes

Post by Montgomery Burns » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:33 pm

TheUndertaker wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:37 am
Or recently a 20€ note (ES1) a dog has taken a big bite in the middle of the Note only the Silver-Stripe was left in the middle and some paper of the top note.
Haha, I've heard a few dog stories. :) And you're right, that new :note-100: got beaten-up quite quickly 8O but I think it's still safe from discard.

User avatar
Aatos99
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4980
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 10:02 pm
Location: Helsinki/Suomi/Finland

Re: Scribbling on notes

Post by Aatos99 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:42 am

TheUndertaker wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:04 am
Washed , multiple times folded , a lot of tears , taped
I saw same looking old fiver in my cashdesk at work, and had to test many times it's authentity before the machine said it was a real one. The hologram was also on that old :flag-pt: note so worn, almost away. I was happy to let it back into circulation to the last customer of my shift, although I couldn't enter it.
Ei sitä koskaan tiedä_Aatos99

TheUndertaker
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 345
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:12 am

Re: Scribbling on notes

Post by TheUndertaker » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:04 pm

Aatos99 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:42 am
TheUndertaker wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:04 am
Washed , multiple times folded , a lot of tears , taped
I saw same looking old fiver in my cashdesk at work, and had to test many times it's authentity before the machine said it was a real one. The hologram was also on that old :flag-pt: note so worn, almost away. I was happy to let it back into circulation to the last customer of my shift, although I couldn't enter it.
I swapped it for a ES2 at the register in a bank, I assume the bill is dead
ich füll' mein Bankkonto mit Paper

User avatar
Aatos99
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4980
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 10:02 pm
Location: Helsinki/Suomi/Finland

Re: Scribbling on notes

Post by Aatos99 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:41 pm

TheUndertaker wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:04 pm
Aatos99 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:42 am
TheUndertaker wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:04 am
Washed , multiple times folded , a lot of tears , taped
I saw same looking old fiver in my cashdesk at work, and had to test many times it's authentity before the machine said it was a real one. The hologram was also on that old :flag-pt: note so worn, almost away. I was happy to let it back into circulation to the last customer of my shift, although I couldn't enter it.
I swapped it for a ES2 at the register in a bank, I assume the bill is dead
Yeah, it couldn't have survived for a long in circulation.
Ei sitä koskaan tiedä_Aatos99

TheUndertaker
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 345
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:12 am

Re: Scribbling on notes

Post by TheUndertaker » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:05 pm

Aatos99 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:41 pm
TheUndertaker wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:04 pm
Aatos99 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:42 am
TheUndertaker wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:04 am
Washed , multiple times folded , a lot of tears , taped
I saw same looking old fiver in my cashdesk at work, and had to test many times it's authentity before the machine said it was a real one. The hologram was also on that old :flag-pt: note so worn, almost away. I was happy to let it back into circulation to the last customer of my shift, although I couldn't enter it.
I swapped it for a ES2 at the register in a bank, I assume the bill is dead
Yeah, it couldn't have survived for a long in circulation.
The other question is who would accept this cancer note xD
ich füll' mein Bankkonto mit Paper


TheUndertaker
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 345
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:12 am

Re: Scribbling on notes

Post by TheUndertaker » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:56 pm

:cry:
Attachments
A829EB58-D076-435D-BD32-16E7F8DDF1AC.jpeg
A829EB58-D076-435D-BD32-16E7F8DDF1AC.jpeg (3.54 MiB) Viewed 182 times
ich füll' mein Bankkonto mit Paper

TheUndertaker
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 345
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:12 am

Re: Scribbling on notes

Post by TheUndertaker » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:30 pm

62BBF755-6CCB-4B3C-ACB1-8CC17C8896BA.jpeg
62BBF755-6CCB-4B3C-ACB1-8CC17C8896BA.jpeg (287.77 KiB) Viewed 179 times
ich füll' mein Bankkonto mit Paper

Finsk
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:01 pm

Re: Scribbling on notes

Post by Finsk » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:10 am

Got this one in Helsinki today.
IMG_20190810_090205~2.jpg
IMG_20190810_090205~2.jpg (833.51 KiB) Viewed 149 times


Bullmeister
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:12 pm

Re: Scribbling on notes

Post by Bullmeister » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:21 pm

If you write on notes do they really end up being taken out of circulation? On the odd note I have wrote the word "eurobilltracker" in the hope that someone might yrack the note. To date however I have had no success doing this! Probably only done it on 4 or 5 notes!

🤔🤔

TheUndertaker
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 345
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:12 am

Re: Scribbling on notes

Post by TheUndertaker » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:36 pm

Bullmeister wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:21 pm
If you write on notes do they really end up being taken out of circulation? On the odd note I have wrote the word "eurobilltracker" in the hope that someone might yrack the note. To date however I have had no success doing this! Probably only done it on 4 or 5 notes!

🤔🤔
Seems like Ive deleted these pictures...
From one bundle i pulled ass notes out, ripped off , big tears, from one was the hologram damaged etc...
And no thats not a reason to pull a notes out of circulation
Im putting stamps on all notes which def would not survive a NCB Control and an all old :note-50: , hand written with a black pen looks horrible and rlly showy
ich füll' mein Bankkonto mit Paper

Bullmeister
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:12 pm

Re: Scribbling on notes

Post by Bullmeister » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:23 pm

Ah ok. Hopefully people finding the notes with "eurobilltracker" might be curious enough to join! unfortunately the number of trackers we have seems to be dwindling 😔

Post Reply

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”