Dot hunting stories

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Dot hunting stories

Post by bhoeyb » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:49 pm

In this topic, freaks can post their dot hunting stories :lol: .

bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by bhoeyb » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:54 pm

Haemoglobin is on a dot hunt trip this moment. You can follow him here -German-.
Here is a previous story of him too.

I'll leave on Friday towards Spain because I wanna see the solar eclips on Monday. Planning to drive the Spanish east coast all the way to Denia or Javea. If someone wants to join, let me know 8) . A lot of dots waiting to be hunted :lol: .

Evert
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Evert » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:31 pm

I did two hunts in Summer - and for the first time I really drove around Finland and visited places I've never been to.

First with my friends from Kuusankoski to Oulu/Kemi (the last on is in Southern Lapland), and the next time with my German friend from Espoo via Eastern Finland to Rovaniemi (in Lapland), visiting Sweden quickly and back the other way through mid-Finland.

-----------
The places for the first (and shorter) trip

Voikkaa (Kuusankoski) :arrow: Leivonmäki-Vaajakoski-Uurainen-Saarijärvi-Karstula-Kivijärvi-Pihtipudas-Pyhäsalmi-Kärsämäki-Pulkkila-Oulu-Kemi-
Simo-Ii-Pattijoki-Pyhäjoki-Kalajoki-Kokkola-Oravainen-Mustasaari-Maalahti-Närpiö-Merikarvia-Pori-Kiikoinen-Putaja-Nokia-Pälkäne-Aitoo-Hauho :arrow: Voikkaa

-----------

Those two trips made my map look much better ;)

vermes
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by vermes » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:41 pm

Next summer I'm going to Greece with my family. By car!
So, I try to collect lot of notes for that trip :P
And collect more from those countries. Estimated route is going through
Estonia/Russia :arrow: Latvia :arrow: Belarus :arrow: Ukraine :arrow: Romani :arrow: Bulgaria :arrow: Greece :arrow: Italy :arrow: Austria :arrow: Germany :arrow: Denmark :arrow: Sweden :arrow: Back home :)

I hope that the trip is going to happen, I wait it so much :P :P
www.lumitykki.net
Swollen Members <3

Evert
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Evert » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:58 pm

Are you really going by Belarus? You need a visa and god knows what else.. We've driven to Slovakia many times, through Poland.

It will be a long trip for you! 8)

I wish I had been more into EBT when we drove to Norway, tooka boat to UK, visited all the kindgoms + Ireland, and drove back home via France, Germany, Czech Rep., Poland and the Baltic states. :(

And the two other long trips in Europe..

i.love.euro
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by i.love.euro » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:04 pm

coming thursday i will go biking in the Val d'Orcia province of Siena.

I hope to get some notes from maybe Montalcino or Pienza
but i doubt if it will give me new dots because i already have Siena and Chiusi

de*lerger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by de*lerger » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:22 pm

Only one day to work and than I'm three-and-a-half weeks off. Will spend the weekend at my sister's place in Belgium and on Monday or Tuesday I'll start a driving trip through Europe. Haven't got any idea where I'm going, I usually decide "en route". But I hope to add a lot of countries and many dots (which now count only 2 and 17 :( ).
Like Haemoglobin, I was also thinking about the two-picture idea, putting the links in my signature (just in case someone might be interested). If the trip was interesting enough I will place a summary here. 8)
My map

Ralf
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ralf » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:57 pm

I did a dothunting trip with BaliBennie and Bhoeyb trought east Belgium and Luxemburg. I made also 6 cityhunting tripes by bike.

Fjon
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Fjon » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:26 pm

I'm making my annual trip to Italy in October, so hope to gather a few more dots. i.love.euro - I will be in Arezzo, so maybe I'll find one of your notes!
I'll also try to get myself a dot from the Vatican as I'm flying into Rome.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

j3paris
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by j3paris » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:50 pm

On a day trip to Burgundy with a friend (who already accepted me as an EBT addict but didn't grasp the dot bit), we stopped twice at about 50km intervals on the way back to Paris even though it was very late (and despite the fact I had enough money on me) so I could take 10€ out of an ATM. They thought I was clinically insane... :lol:

I also had a very international dot-hunting experience in Italy. On a day trip from the French Riviera, I got a Spanish and an Irish bill out of a Deutsche Bank ATM in San Remo. Now that's Europe. :wink:

Nick6502
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Nick6502 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:54 pm

@ vermes:

If you really drive through Romania, I can recommend you a lovely city to stay for a day or two: Sibiu, in central Romania (Transylvania). A cosy place with friendly people and nice things to visit.

vermes
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by vermes » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:54 pm

Nick6502 wrote:@ vermes:

If you really drive through Romania, I can recommend you a lovely city to stay for a day or two: Sibiu, in central Romania (Transylvania). A cosy place with friendly people and nice things to visit.
I put that in mind, and try to add it to our route :P
Thanks.
www.lumitykki.net
Swollen Members <3

lazza
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lazza » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:48 pm

Just returned from a dot-hunt, of sorts. :)

Been to Germany and Switzerland this week on business, and managed dots in Düsseldorf, Wuppertal and Dortmund (I even arrived late to a meeting as I had to stop for a coffee-dot :oops: ), then also a new country with a dot in Zurich, and a new dot for Heathrow airport (which hasn't appeared yet).

Planning how to go on a dot-hunt in the UK without going bankrupt (not many banks like to sell just a single €5 note :roll: :wink: ). There are a few "empty spaces" on the dot map not far from Newcastle that need my help!

Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:08 pm

lazza wrote: Planning how to go on a dot-hunt in the UK without going bankrupt (not many banks like to sell just a single €5 note :roll: :wink: ). There are a few "empty spaces" on the dot map not far from Newcastle that need my help!
Just be cool and change one bunch of euros to another one. Most places will reject your offer, but some might actually be freak enough to do it :P

And if you're going to fail when asking for that in some place, just tell honestly about EBT and they might do the favour to you because they admire such a freaky hobby. If everything else fails, you can just ask them to write you down the serial number and short code of some note. I once did that in a shop in Finland :D
If they write you the serial and short code, give also dollars a try. You'll be even more freaky and the worker might remember the existence of at least one of the sites :)
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!

Asiamaniac
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Asiamaniac » Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:09 am

Writing down some serials and codes for you? You should have had the notes in your hands yourself...
Meine Angst, dass die Autokorrektur einmal etwas Obszönes ausspuckt, wichst täglich.

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”