New site design

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus

smh
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

New site design

Post by smh » Mon Feb 25, 2002 3:45 pm

The new design really looks a lot better, although i wouldn't have mind if you made the collours a bit lighter, like in this forum.

There is another thing, the outside frame of the page has a fixed size, on 1024x768 it looks good, but on higher resolutionsthere are big blue bars on each side.

And the complete lists page is to big to display in 1024x768 but looks better on higher resolutions

mts
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

New site design

Post by mts » Tue Feb 26, 2002 6:19 pm

smh wrote: The new design really looks a lot better, although i wouldn't have mind if you made the collours a bit lighter, like in this forum.
I agree. Especially the "Updates" and "Useless info" boxes at the bottom of the page. Contrast is too low, I can hardly see the text in them. Or use other text colour than black.

EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

New site design

Post by EuroBillTracker » Tue Feb 26, 2002 8:30 pm

smh wrote: The new design really looks a lot better, although i wouldn't have mind if you made the collours a bit lighter, like in this forum.
good :) I'll see about the colors. You can take the HTML and play with the CSS at the top until you find some nicer colors (then send them to me)
smh wrote: There is another thing, the outside frame of the page has a fixed size, on 1024x768 it looks good, but on higher resolutionsthere are big blue bars on each side.
hummm on higher resolutions : donesn't it just make the page more vertical ? I think it looks kinda nice (if we're seeing the same thing). I'll try it tomorrow at work
smh wrote: And the complete lists page is to big to display in 1024x768 but looks better on higher resolutions
yeah, the tables are screwy in there, I have to fix it but it's not my top priority : working on the mailing list right now.

EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

New site design

Post by EuroBillTracker » Tue Feb 26, 2002 8:33 pm

htb wrote: As far as i'm concerned, that whole section should be removed. Like it says itselfs, it's useless and it doesn't fit in the overall site design (color scheme and size/positioning).
I'm hoping I can't make it useful. Do you really feel it doesn't belong ? I think it's pretty nice but then...

htb
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

New site design

Post by htb » Tue Feb 26, 2002 8:34 pm

mts wrote: I agree. Especially the "Updates" and "Useless info" boxes at the bottom of the page. Contrast is too low, I can hardly see the text in them. Or use other text colour than black.
As far as i'm concerned, that whole section should be removed. Like it says itselfs, it's useless and it doesn't fit in the overall site design (color scheme and size/positioning).

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”