Euro cash dispensers outside the Euro zone

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

brunswiek
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by brunswiek »

There are ATMs in Turkey where you can withdraw Euros. All ATMs of one special Bank -at least in the touristic centres of Turkey- offer Euros. Unfortunately I forgot the name of that bank :oops: but I think it was the "lightblue" bank or the ATMs in the lightblue boxes...

For those who spend their holidays in Antalya-Lara: the ATM in front of the small shopping-centre a few hundred meters to the west of hotel "Delphin Palace" normally offers Euros...but it was out of order when I was there...
"Money, money, money...always funny..."
- B.Anderson, B.Ulvaeus
aplfi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by aplfi »

There was one in First Trust Bank that is located in same premises with Sainbury's in Derry, Northern Ireland. It is before Derry town centre when coming along N13 from direction Letterkenny.

Sorry but I didn't have guts to take pictures of ATM itself inside the bank.

And remember that it is different dot than closest Co. Donegal areas. :)

ATM gave two new J/S 20€ Trichet notes.
Klazu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Klazu »

Why do they have such an ATM there? "For your convenience"? Where people use these euros then??
Living away from Euro zone in the beautiful Vancouver, Canada since January 2012. Experiences and stories of living in here can be found in here (in Finnish).
aplfi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by aplfi »

Klazu wrote: Where people use these euros then??
In Ireland when they go to buy petrol :)
Klazu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Klazu »

You are saying there are some goods in euro zone that are cheaper than outside the zone? And in IRELAND? One of the most expensive euro countries (as I have understood).

This was new information for me. :o
Living away from Euro zone in the beautiful Vancouver, Canada since January 2012. Experiences and stories of living in here can be found in here (in Finnish).
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

Klazu wrote:You are saying there are some goods in euro zone that are cheaper than outside the zone? And in IRELAND? One of the most expensive euro countries (as I have understood).

This was new information for me. :o
Are you implying that it is new to you that Switzerland is an expensive country?
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
micdab
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by micdab »

This kind of caught me off guard: I saw a euro-dispensing ATM at the airport in Montréal! I guess there are enough daily flights to Europe (especially Paris) to make it useful.

I should have taken a picture of it, sorry...

Greetings
my bill maps - i'm proud of them! :)
diogocanilho
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by diogocanilho »

I wonder if there are the opposite? european ATM delivering other currencies besides euros. :?:
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

diogocanilho wrote:I wonder if there are the opposite? european ATM delivering other currencies besides euros. :?:
I have seen many ATMs dispensing Estonian Crowns in Estonia ;)
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

diogocanilho wrote:I wonder if there are the opposite? european ATM delivering other currencies besides euros. :?:
In Schiphol airport (Amsterdam) you've got an ATM giving American dollars.
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

micdab wrote:This kind of caught me off guard: I saw a euro-dispensing ATM at the airport in Montréal! I guess there are enough daily flights to Europe (especially Paris) to make it useful.
Could you please provide more details where you saw this ATM, as I did not see any in the Montreal Airport. There is a possibility that I would go back there, so I might be interested.
Klazu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Klazu »

micdab wrote:I should have taken a picture of it, sorry...
No, you should have taken NOTES from it!! :wink:

Do you people have any idea how expensive it is to withdraw euros from these ATMs? Inside euro zone it's free to withdraw money with all these (Visa) Electron -cards, but other currencies in other countries cost a lot. What about these euro ATMs abroad?
diogocanilho
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by diogocanilho »

Dakkus wrote: I have seen many ATMs dispensing Estonian Crowns in Estonia ;)
I wonder when Estonia will join the Euroland...
yli
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by yli »

I've used an ATM in L'vov - Ukraine, where I got a choise of getting grivna or euro. Unfortinatly I wasn't a member of that ukraine bank - so I wasn't able to get euro's there.
Jelle zonder internet. Het was een leuke hobby, maar niet mijn hobby. Een leven zonder internet is mijn ding. Een leven van geld uitgeven in plaats van tracken zeg maar.... hahaha. Ja, er mag gelachen worden.
Inloggen op site lukt niet meer, maakt niet uit. Ik snap toch niets van nieuwe biljetten :lol:
micdab
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by micdab »

Phaseolus wrote:Could you please provide more details where you saw this ATM, as I did not see any in the Montreal Airport. There is a possibility that I would go back there, so I might be interested.
It was past the security check, somewhere close to my gate, which was B52. There were two machines next to eachother: one with CAD and the other with EUR. I believe they were from the Royal Bank (Banque Royale), but i could be wrong.

Good luck!
my bill maps - i'm proud of them! :)

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”