Euro cash dispensers outside the Euro zone

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

bzajc
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Re: Euro cash dispensers outside the Euro zone

Post by bzajc »

There is also posible to withdraw Euros in Doha International Airport. I tried 1 ATM from QNB bank and it worked. I withdraw 400 Euros. Got only :note-100: . Total cost of this transaction will probably be around 415 Euros with all the fees. According to the website of the bank there should be more ATM giving out euros at the airport.
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Montgomery Burns »

I chanced upon the following while searching for something else.

:flag-uk: Aberdeen Airport, Scotland.

Sterling, euro and dollar ATMs

There are six cash machines, dispensing UK pounds (sterling), euros and dollars:

* Four at Travelex before security
* Three of these machines dispense sterling and euros only, one machine dispenses sterling, euros and dollars
* Two outside Travelex after security
* One of these machines dispenses sterling, euros and dollars, the other machine dispenses sterling and euros only

http://www.aberdeenairport.com/aberdeen ... h-machines

Further keywords: united kingdom, great britain
Last edited by Montgomery Burns on Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
bob9
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by bob9 »

thejay wrote:On this site from Sweden you can search for ATMs issueing Euro (many!), Pound (just 2), US Dollar (only 1), Danish crown (a few), Norwegian crown (only 1): http://bankomat.se/privat-2/hitta-automater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm probably going to Copenhagen end of September/beginning of October and might be tempted to travel along the Øresund ;-)
Beware that Swedish ATMs in most cases don't give out euros when you use a foreign card. Swedbank's ATMs are the most forgiving but even they are likely to not cooperate.
Cash is king. | My EBT profile
R/J
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by R/J »

bob9 wrote:
thejay wrote:On this site from Sweden you can search for ATMs issueing Euro (many!), Pound (just 2), US Dollar (only 1), Danish crown (a few), Norwegian crown (only 1): http://bankomat.se/privat-2/hitta-automater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm probably going to Copenhagen end of September/beginning of October and might be tempted to travel along the Øresund ;-)
Beware that Swedish ATMs in most cases don't give out euros when you use a foreign card. Swedbank's ATMs are the most forgiving but even they are likely to not cooperate.
I was in Sweden nearly three years ago and I could withdraw Euros in two places, both at a Swedbank ATM, in Uppsala and Linköping. Neither place is close to Copenhagen, though.

(So I'm not exactly sure how much help this message is; it might be just a brag by me.)
My NIG stats have finally disappeared. My EBTST stats are still available.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Reporting from Norway: I got Euros (only :note-50: available) from DNB ATMs in Kristiansund, Molde and at the Oslo airport. The first DNB ATM I tried at OSL only had NOK, but the other ATM near the "international destinations" gateway had NOK, EUR, GBP and THB.

I have an account at (Finnish) Nordea, but disappointingly the Nordea ATMs I found in Norway did not have Euros.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
Aatos99
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Aatos99 »

My father just came back from Denmark and he brought some notes from ATM number 8 (Euronet ATM) in Copenhagen Airport :flag-dk: . The notes were used and the ATM gave at least :note-20:.
Ei sitä koskaan tiedä_Aatos99
bzajc
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by bzajc »

I can confirm a lot of € ATM on London Underground stations. There is also 2 ATMs in London Southend Airport-departure area. Only :note-20: available. I made 3 withrawals to get 3 dots and total fees where 1% of the amount withdrawn, which is normal for my bank.
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Fons »

avij wrote:Reporting from Norway: I got Euros (only :note-50: available) from DNB ATMs in Kristiansund, Molde and at the Oslo airport. The first DNB ATM I tried at OSL only had NOK, but the other ATM near the "international destinations" gateway had NOK, EUR, GBP and THB.
I have seen these atms at Sandefjord-Torp airport. Everytime I'm there I try to withdraw euros but it doesn't work with my Dutch bank card, but I have seen other people taking euros in front of me. Kind of frustrating? Yes! :lol: 8)
aplfi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by aplfi »

New Forex Bank ATMs had appeared to Stockholm Arlanda airport. There was EUR, GBP, SEK and I think TRY currencies available. ATMs were close to gate F26, very visible with Forex yellow color.
I did not have time to test them so someone else please do that. I will also test next time I am there.
joergb30
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by joergb30 »

Crazy Bob wrote:Terminal 1 of Dubai Airport Image has multiple Travelex ATMs with euros. One of these is standing near checkin zone B.
I noticed another one ("Travelex Multi Currencies ATM") in Terminal 3, departure area, between gate 1 and gate 24.
japh
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by japh »

My brother from London has just visited and he tells me that many of the tube stations in central London have ATMs that dispense both Pounds and Euros. Also there is a Thomas Cook outlet across the road from The Angel tube station that dispenses Euros.
Licht & Feuer
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: Im Osten des Westens der auch als Süden des Nordens betrachtet wird

Post by Licht & Feuer »

:flag-dk: Aabenraa (near the german border)

When I was going to withdraw some danish currency from local ATMs with my VISA-Card, I was surprised to see the possibility to purchase €-cash as well :D
I gave it a try and found out that I formally purchase Kroner that were directly converted to Euro by the ATM. Including some fees for the service, my account was finally debited with 1553,42 DK = 208,36 € for the 200 € I received in 4 x :note-50: (which seems to be the only available type of Euro-note there).
Won't call it a cheap way to get notes outside the Eurozone but easy and comfortable in any case... :wink:

At least the ATMs of these institutes offer this service:
Broager Sparekasse
Danske Bank

Some years ago, I saw a similar option at swiss ATMs but not available for actions with my german debit card. :(
aplfi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by aplfi »

aplfi wrote:New Forex Bank ATMs had appeared to Stockholm Arlanda airport. There was EUR, GBP, SEK and I think TRY currencies available. ATMs were close to gate F26, very visible with Forex yellow color.
I did not have time to test them so someone else please do that. I will also test next time I am there.
Tested this yesterday. It only gave :note-50: and the way it works is the same as in Norway. It converts the withdrawn Euros to SEK with poor rate and you end up paying a lot. I think my 1x :note-50: cost me something like 56€. But anyway easy way to get the note for the dot hunting. These ATMs are in several place in Terminal 5 transfer area.
tng11
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by tng11 »

Used the Travelex ATMs at Glasgow airport today and got 5 x :note-20: all U/M uncirculated.

They deducted exactly 100€ from my :flag-at: bank account. No extra fees or conversion to GBP then back to EUR shenanigans. In contrast with my :flag-uk: bank card, they would only give me the option to deduct in GBP at horrendous rates.
thejay
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by thejay »

Report of my visit to the Copenhagen area.

In general:
Nordea ATMs didn't let me withdraw Euro with my Dutch and Belgian debit cards.
When you withdraw Euro it is converted in DKK and that amount is debited from your account.
Different banks use different exchange rates.
A fee of DKK 35 looks standard.

1)
I tried Danske Bank, Stengade 57 in Helsingør: 2x :note-50:
The exchange rate on the receipt says €100 = DKK 759,0245 and a fee of DKK 35, so the total amount debited from my account was DKK 794,02
When I check my bank-account, the rate was 744,7890
BPostbank again added a fee of €0,64 and a provision of €2,50, so in total it cost me € 109,75 to withdraw €100

2)
In Frederiksværk I found Jyske Bank, Nørregade 32. Here I could withdraw 3x :note-20:
The exchange rate here says €100 = DKK 758,4700, total amount debited DKK 490,08
Argenta says the rate was 744,6890 and debited just the € 65,81 (no extra fees)

3)
In København again Jyske Bank, Vesterbrogade near the Central Station.
1x :note-50: DKK 414,24 debited from my Dutch ING account at rate 746,015 and a fee of € 2,25 adds up to €57,78

4)
Danske Bank, Brogade in Køge
1x :note-50: DKK 414,51 debited from my BPostbank account at rate 744,718 and a fee of € 0,33 + provision 2,50 adds up to €58,49

5)
On the Scandlines ferry M/V Deutschland between Puttgarden and Rødby there is an ATM of :flag-de: Reisebank that distributes Euro without conversion or exchange rate :)

best regards,
thejay

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”