Euro cash dispensers outside the Euro zone

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

aloxe
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Euro cash dispensers outside the Euro zone

Post by aloxe »

MDeen wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:09 am Exchange rate for euros? All my euro withdrawals with ATMs in the UK were always charged in euro. No exchange rate involved.
It is something different when you withdraw GBP of course. Then you ususally have to take your own bank's rate, not the ATM rate.
aloxe wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:52 pm A side note to tell that many rogue ATMs are also in Prague. They can provide euros to non euro card holders only.
a̳l̳o̳x̳e̳ • my other statsmy map of France
SantaCruz
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by SantaCruz »

aloxe wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:43 pm
MDeen wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:09 am Exchange rate for euros? All my euro withdrawals with ATMs in the UK were always charged in euro. No exchange rate involved.
It is something different when you withdraw GBP of course. Then you ususally have to take your own bank's rate, not the ATM rate.
aloxe wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:52 pm A side note to tell that many rogue ATMs are also in Prague. They can provide euros to non euro card holders only.
They charge in GBP. No other options available (with my German debit card). I know it's kind of a scam. But I had very little time and wanted the dot, so I bit the bullet.
"Ich schneie hier mal rein, lass mal hier, mal da 'nen Schein und merke immer schnell: schöne Momente sollten länger sein." - Sportfreunde Stiller, Ungewöhnlich
SantaCruz
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by SantaCruz »

Antalya, Turkey: Several ATMs with Euros (and often USD, too) at the airport (international terminal, landside) and also in the area surrounding the old town, one ATM at the entrance of the Antalya Museum - :note-50: notes.
"Ich schneie hier mal rein, lass mal hier, mal da 'nen Schein und merke immer schnell: schöne Momente sollten länger sein." - Sportfreunde Stiller, Ungewöhnlich
roberdy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by roberdy »

Back from my trip to Image Belarus.

Several banks are running ATMs dispensing USD, Russian Rubles and.... EUR. :D
The most ATMs giving EUR you can find on this site of Belveb bank: https://www.belveb.by/ofisy-i-bankomaty/bankomaty-sbs/ (only russian, in the checkbox you can change the city)

Some ATMs only :note-50: , others only :note-100: .
German credit and debit cards worked fine, and balanced EUR = EUR. Only the machines originally ran by Belveb took a 3 EUR commission.
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Montgomery Burns »

Word of advice on Euronet Worldwide ATM's (and others) in Prague:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1Hh8kY_hOY

Further keywords: czech republic, czechia
Last edited by Montgomery Burns on Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
aloxe
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by aloxe »

I second that:
Montgomery Burns wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:37 pm Word of advice on Euronet Worldwide ATM's (and others) in Prague:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1Hh8kY_hOY
This is not only EuroNet ATMs that are rogue. Main banks' ATMs have started to propose their own offers of conversion that you should ALWAYS DECLINE if you need to withdraw money.

In general I would recommend EBTers to come with their own (recorded) cash and change them at safe exchange offices. The good ones have a better rate than any bank. They are also some exchange offices with rogue rates but by law you can ask to get your money back up to 3 hours after the transaction. If they refuse, just pretend you call the police, that helps…
a̳l̳o̳x̳e̳ • my other statsmy map of France
the_pooh_tripper
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by the_pooh_tripper »

Don't know if it's already mentionned but :note-50: available at ATM in International area of Image Keflavik airport
roberdy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by roberdy »

de*lerger wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:04 pmIt seems that all Danish ATMs have euro's available for non-customers. I tried machines of Danske Bank, Sydbank, Jyske Bank, Westjysk Bank and Sparekassen and with a Dutch card I had no problems getting euro's. But beware of the costs: there's a double exchange rate (EUR to DKK at the Danish bank and DKK to EUR at your bank) and there's a bank fee (DKK 60 at Sydbank, DKK 30 - 35 at the others).
Not all, but nearly all Danish ATMs are giving EUR to cardholders from abroad!
If you don't fear the fees, Denmark is a great country for dothunting! :D

In fact, I paid these fees for withdrawing EUR: (apart from the double exchange rate, which did cost me around 0,90 EUR for withdrawing a :note-50: )

Most Sparekassen don't take extra fees for buying EUR (I visites Frøs Sparekasse, Sparekassen Kronjylland, Middelfart Sparekasse, Sparekassen Vendsyssel. Some Sparekassen don't have any ATMs).
Jutlander Bank - no extra fees.
Sydbank - all ATMs have EUR, 60 DKK
Vestjysk Bank - all ATMs have EUR, 30 DKK
Danske Bank - not all ATMs have EUR, look here, 35 DKK
Jyske Bank - all ATMs have EUR, 35 DKK
Fynske Bank - all ATMs have EUR, 50 DKK
TotalBanken - all ATMs have EUR, 50 DKK
Spar Nord - all ATMs have EUR, 50 DKK
Salling Bank - all ATMs have EUR, 50 DKK
Ringkøbings Landsbobank - all ATMs have EUR, 100 DKK = around 14 EUR! :evil:

Nordea ATMs and Euronet ATMs (often in touristic areas) don't give EUR to cardholders from outside Denmark.

At Frøs Sparekasse, I visited three branches with this - Drive-in EUR cash dispensers outside the Euro zone! :mrgreen:
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Fons »

the_pooh_tripper wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:29 pm Don't know if it's already mentionned but :note-50: available at ATM in International area of Image Keflavik airport
Landsbanki currency exchange has very friendly employees who are willing to change Euro for Euro ;)
de*lerger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by de*lerger »

roberdy wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:05 pm
de*lerger wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:04 pmIt seems that all Danish ATMs have euro's available for non-customers. I tried machines of Danske Bank, Sydbank, Jyske Bank, Westjysk Bank and Sparekassen and with a Dutch card I had no problems getting euro's. But beware of the costs: there's a double exchange rate (EUR to DKK at the Danish bank and DKK to EUR at your bank) and there's a bank fee (DKK 60 at Sydbank, DKK 30 - 35 at the others).
Not all, but nearly all Danish ATMs are giving EUR to cardholders from abroad!
If you don't fear the fees, Denmark is a great country for dothunting! :D

In fact, I paid these fees for withdrawing EUR: (apart from the double exchange rate, which did cost me around 0,90 EUR for withdrawing a :note-50: )

Most Sparekassen don't take extra fees for buying EUR (I visites Frøs Sparekasse, Sparekassen Kronjylland, Middelfart Sparekasse, Sparekassen Vendsyssel. Some Sparekassen don't have any ATMs).
Jutlander Bank - no extra fees.
Sydbank - all ATMs have EUR, 60 DKK
Vestjysk Bank - all ATMs have EUR, 30 DKK
Danske Bank - not all ATMs have EUR, look here, 35 DKK
Jyske Bank - all ATMs have EUR, 35 DKK
Fynske Bank - all ATMs have EUR, 50 DKK
TotalBanken - all ATMs have EUR, 50 DKK
Spar Nord - all ATMs have EUR, 50 DKK
Salling Bank - all ATMs have EUR, 50 DKK
Ringkøbings Landsbobank - all ATMs have EUR, 100 DKK = around 14 EUR! :evil:

Nordea ATMs and Euronet ATMs (often in touristic areas) don't give EUR to cardholders from outside Denmark.
For future dothunters in Denmark a little addition to the above:

More Sparekassen without fees: Dragsholm Sparekasse, Sparekassen Thy, Sparekassen Djursland, Dronninglund Sparekassen
Den Jyske Sparekasse will charge you with DKK 50.
BUT BEWARE of Sparekassen Sjælland or Fyn, they will charge the (ridiculous) amount of DKK 120 (= 17 EUR)
There are a few Sparekasse(n) ATMs that don't carry Euros, for example the two machines on the Island of Læsø.

Bank Nordik - no fees
Nordjyske Bank - DKK 100 !!
Arbejdernes Landsbank - DKK 45
Alm Brand - DKK 50
Djurslands Bank - DKK 50
Nykredit - DKK 50
Møns Bank - DKK 55
Lollands Bank - DKK 75

Next to the usual :note-20: and :note-50: I found :note-10: in the ATMs of Sparekassen Vendsyssel in Hals and the Arbejdernes Landsbank in Odense

At the ATMs of Jyske Bank and Nordjyske bank you can choose your notes up to 250 EUR. 12 x :note-20: is possible. Maybe there are more bank with this option, but I didn't try all of them.

At the Arbejdernes Landsbank in Nyborg you have the choice of DKK, EUR , US Dollars and Turkish Lira
My map
roberdy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by roberdy »

I'm at the airport in Doha, Qatar at the moment.

That was very easy, many ATMs which are giving EUR, and balancing in EUR! :D One ATM only :note-100: , another only :note-50: . A third machine took a small commision, so I refused.
All three ATMs at one place in departure area E, downstairs.
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Montgomery Burns »

For future reference, a report from The Channel Islands:
tralla wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:43 pm I will be travelling Jersey and Guernsey soon and of course want to put them on my map. Is there an easy way to get Euro notes there?
tralla wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:30 pm I can now answer my own question.

Jersey: The ATM at the Post Office in St. Helier is still there, advertising GBJ, USD, EUR. However, it only offered GBJ with my Visa Debit Card. I was assured it "should" give me Euros, but.... In the end, I changed "part" of a 100 Euro note into GBJ and got the rest back in pristine 5-Euro notes (M - CL).

Guernsey: The only place to lay your hands on Euro notes is the BATIF currency exchange at the Tourist Information Center at St. Peter Port. They had no problem in changing a 50 Euro note into ten Fivers (M - MD).
Further keywords: saint helier, saint peter port, united kingdom, great britain
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

One of the Bankomat ATMs inside the ICA Maxi supermarket in Haparanda :flag-se: - the left one - dispenses euros. The ATM is clearly marked with "Valuta"-something, and has ATM-number 607501.

The fees are friendly; it cost me 1,25 euros to withdraw a single :note-20: .

And actually, the Bankomat site lets you search for all Euro ATMs in Sweden: https://www.bankomat.se/?filter=eur
Who wants to go on a Swedish dothunt? :lol:
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

AKVS wrote: Sun May 24, 2009 8:19 am I managed to find the ATMs for Euros at St Pancras yesterday when I returned back to Brussels.

They are in the the area where you enter after checking in for the Eurostar trains. Easiest way to find them is to head for the toilettes, as the machines are just in front of their entrance under the escalators and between the bar and "the bookshop".

By the way, there was another Euro ATM at the third floor of Marks & Spencers on Oxford Street, but it didn't work with my Belgian maestro card. Luckily the one in St Pancras accepts all major credit cards.

So now I'm curiosly waiting for my bank statements to see how much this "commission free" operation has costed. And I'll still be waiting for hits with the notes, as they were brand new E/H :note-20: notes straight from the printer.
Amazingly, 13 years later, there are still euro ATMs in St Pancras station. At least one in the general area (accessible for all visitors to the station), and at least one after clearing French customs, next to the currency desk.
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

Yesterday in Strömstad: https://nl.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=229460366
Crazy Bob wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:17 am One of the Bankomat ATMs inside the ICA Maxi supermarket in Haparanda :flag-se: - the left one - dispenses euros. The ATM is clearly marked with "Valuta"-something, and has ATM-number 607501.

The fees are friendly; it cost me 1,25 euros to withdraw a single :note-20: .

And actually, the Bankomat site lets you search for all Euro ATMs in Sweden: https://www.bankomat.se/?filter=eur
Who wants to go on a Swedish dothunt? :lol:
Attachments
20230716_115832.jpg
20230716_115832.jpg (3.45 MiB) Viewed 1968 times

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”