Euro cash dispensers outside the Euro zone

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

googlejaps
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Euro cash dispensers outside the Euro zone

Post by googlejaps »

I had a similar experience in :flag-dk: Odense.

I found 2 banks that allowed you to withdraw euro notes. The Danske bank in Odense (centre) has 1 ATM with ONLY euro and NO DKK. This is the ATM I used, because it had the lowest fee (35 DKK = € 4.70). SydBank also has an ATM that can deliver euro's (and DKK), but this ATM used a fee of 50 DKK, so I didn't use it.

The rate is not the best. You end up paying a fee & a bad exchange rate :(

Nice to mention that the Danske Bank ATM did have :note-10: :note-20: and :note-50:. I would have withdrawn my amount in multiple transactions, if it wasnt for the 35 DKK fee :(
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

tng11 wrote:Used the Travelex ATMs at Glasgow airport today and got 5 x :note-20: all U/M uncirculated.

They deducted exactly 100€ from my :flag-at: bank account. No extra fees or conversion to GBP then back to EUR shenanigans. In contrast with my :flag-uk: bank card, they would only give me the option to deduct in GBP at horrendous rates.
when u take euro they use the maestro network than , since its euro to euro there is no charge , for example I cant get pounds with maestro at normal atm's but at the double atm's I could get them ... at a price
Jan010
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Jan010 »

:flag-uk: Saint Helier (Jersey) two ATMs with Euros:

* Post office in Broad Street
* Thomas Cook in Charing Cross

Both only :note-20:
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

hadibe wrote:CH Image
Almost all ATMs are able to give Euro notes, unfortunately for local bank card holders only.
Indeed.. There were several ATMs at the Geneva airport that advertised having EUR, but once I inserted my card to get some euros, only CHF notes were available. The next time I visit the airport I may need to resort to getting the note from an exchange bureau. Even the donation boxes at the airport were rather empty. The only euro note I saw was covered in coins, so no new dot for me.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
googlejaps
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by googlejaps »

I will be visiting :flag-hr: Croatia this summer. Did some pre-travel investigations and saw that (since very recently) some of the Croatian banks to have Euro-ATMS. If I find one when I get there I will report in this topic :)
dsmithgt2
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by dsmithgt2 »

:flag-uk: Edinburgh Airport; Most of the ATM's in Edinburgh Airport dispense Euro's and a handful also dispense dollars too.
Kleman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Kleman »

:flag-uk: :flag-uk:
Back from London !!!
Wow, so many ATM with € 8O

I found two in Luton Airport (seen here)
I found € ATM everywhere in Stansted Airport (Public Hall, Departures Hall, Near the Gates...)

In London:
-Picadilly Underground
-BBVA Bank Eastcheap

+
It's not an ATM, but there's a Exchange Machine in Blackfriars Undergroud Station
It can help when we need absolutely euros at night ;)
Mes stats

Monde: 34
France :flag-fr: : 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1

Notes: 882 825
Hits: 1436
googlejaps
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by googlejaps »

googlejaps wrote:I will be visiting :flag-hr: Croatia this summer. Did some pre-travel investigations and saw that (since very recently) some of the Croatian banks to have Euro-ATMS. If I find one when I get there I will report in this topic :)
I'm back from my holiday in :flag-hr: Croatia. Unfortunately I didn't find any Euro-ATM. The only Euros I got were from exchange offices and shops in the airport.
garfieldHR
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by garfieldHR »

Hi from Croatia!

There are currently five Euro ATMs in Croatia, located in Zagreb, Sesvete, Rijeka, Split and Nova Gradiška. They are operated by Zagrebačka banka which is part of the Unicredit group.

Howewer, I've read that they don't accept foreign bank cards.
R/J
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by R/J »

Made a trip outside the eurozone, here are my experiences.
tng11 wrote:From my recent travels:

Almost every bank branch in Oslo has an ATM that dispenses USD and EUR, SEK and DKK are also very common. Oslo Central Station has a whole row of Nordea ATMs that have USD/CAD/EUR/SEK/DKK/EEK/CNY/TRY/THB/GBP and possibly a few others. Commission is around 35 NOK and your bank account is charged in NOK but they take international cards.
I actually came across these not knowing about this post. The two that had EUR (according to the flags) didn't give me the option to withdraw any. Possibly empty of Euros at that time?

In Norway I found two ATMs that worked with my Dutch card.
In Oslo a DBN ATM on Karl Johans gate. (Basically he square in the center where the parliament also is located.) It had only :note-50:s.

And one in Stavanger, SpareBank 1 SR-Bank, opposite the dom church, Kongsgata. This one had only :note-20:s.
Jan010 wrote::flag-dk: Padborg Danske Bank.
Three ATMs outside, the one in the middle is a € one.
Found this as well. There are three ATMS, one for DKK only, the middle for EUR only and one advertised it had EUR and DKK. Withdrew a :note-50: from the Euro only one.
My NIG stats have finally disappeared. My EBTST stats are still available.
groentje
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by groentje »

Spar Nord ATM, on Danemarksgade in Frederikshavn (DK) just got me some brand new :note-20: Worked with my Belgian ING card.
Sleijeri
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Sleijeri »

Couldn't find more suiting topic for my question, but let's try in here.

Just today i figured out that i might have been very stupid on my travels before, because i just tought about that i could have had exchanged my Euro notes to other Euro notes in airports currency exchange counters.

Before i've always taken a large amount of currency of the country where i am traveling and have exchanged that currency to euros, and now i am ashamed to admit that i just figured out that Euros to Euros :)

So I am asking from more experienced travelers/EBTers: Does the currency/money exchange counters in airports allow you to exchange for example 10x :note-5: to one :note-50:?
You are dealing with someone here who has absolutely no life.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My EBTST stats
mizar
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by mizar »

Airport exchanges are probably the most reluctant of all establishments to do that. Of course smaller to bigger is more likely than the other way round, but otherwise it depends on country and place, generally it's easier in countries closer to eurozone or at least having lots of €-traffic/tourists.

Another trick is taking :note-50: or :note-100: and asking to exchange just 15€ :)
groentje
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by groentje »

It might not work everytime, but nothing's lost by asking. Other outlets than airport exchanges tend to be more willing and cheaper. Just ask the cashier if they allow for partial exchanges. It can also learn you they would if they had smaller notes, which makes for a good opportunity to swap euro to euro.
If you have foreign currency, don't rush to have it all exchanged in euro, if you have a dot. It's cheaper to exchange them once in another non-euro country, like, I exchanged my last Danish crowns to Polish zloty. Our hobby is expensive enough outside the eurozone as it is.
Sleijeri
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Sleijeri »

Thanks for the answers!

So I'll try to exchange as much fivers as i can, just hunting for dots, it's not so important that i get more notes in one dot, more dots with just one or few notes is better =)
You are dealing with someone here who has absolutely no life.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My EBTST stats

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”