Euro cash dispensers outside the Euro zone

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

nlspot
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Euro cash dispensers outside the Euro zone

Post by nlspot »

At Luton Airport ther is a cashMachine in the waiting lounge in the departure hall behind customs.
Visit my site for my pictures.

http://nlspotfoto.blogspot.com/
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Jes »

At Faa'a airport, there were at least two machines which didn't work when I went there... :?
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
haemoglobin
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by haemoglobin »

i`ve found a lot of atm`s in Saas Fee, Switzerland with Euro-option. Unfort. it seems they`re just allowing local bankcards :(
Yelverdack
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Yelverdack »

haemoglobin wrote:i`ve found a lot of atm`s in Saas Fee, Switzerland with Euro-option. Unfort. it seems they`re just allowing local bankcards :(
It's the case for all the swiss ATM.
"To be is to do". Socrates
"To do is to be". Jean-Paul Sartre
"To be do be do". Franck Sinatra

Loi de Bell : Tout corps plongé dans une baignoire entend alors le téléphone sonner.
Loi de Zenone : La file d'à côté avance toujours plus vite. Si tu changes de file, celle que tu viens de quitter deviendra alors la plus rapide.
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

Any hint for ATM giving euro's in Moscow ? :?:
1971o
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by 1971o »

I saw yesterday an article in local newspaper (http://www.lofot-tidende.no/nyheter/article4637538.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), about atms here without cash. At Nordlandsbanken they had hung an announce "Beklager, minibanken er tom for norske seddler" that is "We're sorry, the atm does not have any Norwegian notes".

8O

I went to atm today, as a customer of Sparebank 1 I'm not usually using that one - yes, I got 3 :note-20: notes :D

The change rate was 8,51936 instead of today's 8,3280. No commission.

Nordlandsbanken's address is Storgata 59, 8370 Leknes in Lofoten Islands, Norway. The dispenser is located on the western side of town center, easy to find as most of the shops are at Storgata.
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

nlspot wrote:At Luton Airport ther is a cashMachine in the waiting lounge in the departure hall behind customs.
At Luton, there are actually two ATMs giving euros (only :note-20:'s). Both are from Raphaels Bank. The first one is located in the terminal at the bottom of the stairs (and escalators) to the departure level, next to the "Bar des Voyageurs". This is before security.

The other one is located in the departure lounge (after security), between the Monsoon and GameGrid shops.
1971o
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by 1971o »

I took today a tour to Sortland because of work, and checked the two ATMs of Nordlandsbanken on the way.

You can get euros of those two:
Sortland (in Vesterålen) Strandgata 25
Svolvær (in Lofoten) Sivert Nilsensgata 28. This atm is inside bank locals, and the bank is inside of shopping mall so I guess you can use it only in daytime.

I wonder if all Nordlandsbanken's ATMs have euros?
1971o
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by 1971o »

According to Norwegian Sparebank 1 Nord-Norge you can now get euros also from Alta's ATM :note-50:
hadibe
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by hadibe »

1971o wrote:you can now get euros also from Alta's ATM :note-50:
Wow! It seems they have really done alot on distributing Euros. Two months ago they ran let's say only a quarter of their today's Euro-ATM stock. 8O
Luumi
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Luumi »

It's really nice that 1971o has done research on Norwegian ATM's. Last time I visited Norway a year ago I failed to have one single euronote on the whole stay on the country. I tried to change some crowns to euros in Hammerfest, but they refused at the bank and the final try was in Kautokeino on market, which had option to pay with euros, but cashier did'nt have any euro fivers at the time. The next time I visit Norway I won't fail to have euros :D
Last edited by Luumi on Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finnish forum moderator
Support team member
Finnish 16th / International 178th (Oct 2023)
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by bhoeyb »

1971o wrote:According to Norwegian Sparebank 1 Nord-Norge you can now get euros also from Alta's ATM :note-50:
Is it also possible to withdraw Euros using those ATMs as a foreigner? Thats is not possible in eg. Switzerland.
1971o
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by 1971o »

I'll check if Nordlandsbanken's ATM in Leknes accepts a foreign card - I do have account and bank card for two countries :)
The nearest euro-ATMs of Sparebank 1 are too far away for me to check. Either 4 hours by boat to Bodø or 3 hours by car to Evenes. One way. :roll:

edit: I had no difficulties to get :note-20: with my Finnish Visa Electron from Nordlandsbanken's ATM. The bank's working area is only the Nordland county, about ATM locations you can get some clue here (list of bank offices)... It can be possible that all ATMs are euro dispensers.
Klazu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Klazu »

There are several ATMs on Sydney International Airport having the option to withdraw euros. About other experiences in Australia and New Zealand I will share with you soon.
Living away from Euro zone in the beautiful Vancouver, Canada since January 2012. Experiences and stories of living in here can be found in here (in Finnish).
aplfi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by aplfi »

1971o wrote:I'll check if Nordlandsbanken's ATM in Leknes accepts a foreign card - I do have account and bank card for two countries :)
The nearest euro-ATMs of Sparebank 1 are too far away for me to check. Either 4 hours by boat to Bodø or 3 hours by car to Evenes. One way. :roll:

edit: I had no difficulties to get :note-20: with my Finnish Visa Electron from Nordlandsbanken's ATM. The bank's working area is only the Nordland county, about ATM locations you can get some clue here (list of bank offices)... It can be possible that all ATMs are euro dispensers.
Remember that it works as an automatic currency exchange. It exchanges Euros to NOK but not with best possible rate and charges NOK from your Finnish bank account and then your bank changes NOK again to Euro. And because you actually made NOK withdrawal your bank will charge a fee of 2€+2% of withdrawal or something like that. So for example 3x20€ costs after all almost 70€. Still it is cheaper that Nordea in Norway. We tested last summer Nordea ATM's in Narvik, Harstad and Tromso and Nordlandsbanken ATM's in Leknes and Narvik. Sparebank ATM in Evenes airport is probably only after security control bcause I could find only one that had only NOK and it was not even Sparebank 1 ATM but some other Sparebank. I think we paid some 20-30€ extra fees. The cheaper solution we did in Bardufoss when we changed 1x20€->4x5€ in Sparebank and that cost 0€ extra :)

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”