Another thing for you dot hunters to keep yourselves busy!

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

Cobbdouglas
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Cobbdouglas »

avij wrote:28199 (53.069, 8.789)
According to his comment this note is from Bremen Airport. The correct coordinates for the airport are (53.0475, 8,7867) (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bremen_Airport).

As the airport is pretty close to the dot-border this 0.02 difference might be the reason?
Licht & Feuer
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: Im Osten des Westens der auch als Süden des Nordens betrachtet wird

Post by Licht & Feuer »

I don't know how to get the exact coordinates but laying a map of the post-zones over the dotmap shows that 28199 is in the "South-Dot", 28195 (where the station is) is splitted while 28359 is completely within the "North-Dot" so Klazu should indeed have 2 dots from Bremen.

Maybe this part of the discussion can be exported to here :?:
Last edited by Licht & Feuer on Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cvbj
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

I'll give it a try this summer

Post by cvbj »

I'll be in the middle of southern France, Angouleme area and I want to see the large new (fairly new) crossover at Millau, which is about 400 km's from where I stay. Since there's loads of small villages in France, and since I like to drive the small roads with my 1986 Opel, which does not run faster than 100 km/h, I could drive to the coast first, north west to Angouleme, then south west to the coast, then south along the coast and then east again to Millau, to get me a big "C" in sourthern France. I haven't been dothunting much yet, I just get to places for my work and even in the crowded Netherlands, I've come across places where nobody ever entered a bill before, like Trintelen in the south part of Limburg, famous for it's "col", which is in the Amstel Gold Race every year, and in last year's Tour de France as well. So I don't really know if stopping every 15 to 20 km's in order to buy something to get change back or in any case stop to change is really for me, but I'll give it some thought, and some planning, and you'll all be able to see the result in august.
nomead
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by nomead »

I hadn't done any dothunting until now, so I only had three dots on my map. Then I ran into this thread by chance (searching for other things), the idea seemed interesting enough, so I thought I'd give it a try. I made a plan to draw "EBT" on my map, which resulted in a trip of 1100 km in total. I thought it wouldn't be possible in one day - continuous driving on larger roads, maybe, but the route would include lots of smaller roads because even in southern Finland some dots are really very rural, in the middle of nowhere, with maybe one or two village stores within the whole dot.

So, yesterday I went on the road, armed with a GPS / navigator and a mobile phone with browser so I could track my progress and add new notes on the road. I also had my 9-year old son with me. Maybe because of that, stops took a bit longer than they should have, so by the time we were in Tampere it was already getting dark and I decided to abort the rest of the trip and head home. 500 km instead of 1100 :roll:

Anyway, now I have the E and upper-left corner of the B done. And most important of all, the most isolated dot (29680 Lassila) 8) Maybe slowly I'll get the rest of it done...

PS. That Google Maps overlay was really useful, probably couldn't have done even this much without it.
GP
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by GP »

My Statistics

Meld je vandaag nog aan om snel geld te verdienen!!
MoneyMiljonair
EuroClix
Mijn tussenstand: €425,-
haemoglobin
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by haemoglobin »

i`m adding it to the dot list :)
nomead
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by nomead »

Four more dots yesterday, this time with the younger, 5-year-old son. I planned a much shorter trip and accomplished exactly that. So, +4 dots, about 400 km... still one missing in the "B" and the whole of "T" needs doing. That'll probably take a whole day of driving, something I probably won't have time for before the summer. By the way, I ended up using my credit card in some places, just to avoid any unwanted dots :P

The problem is again one dot inside which there are apparently just a few small villages (Kalkkinen, Nikkaroinen, Asikkala kk). The village shop in Kalkkinen (K-Extra Lampinen, 17240 Kalkkinen) is probably the easiest, it's open until late in the evening during the week, but not so long during the weekend, and that's the day when I'd most probably have the time for it. The rest have ATMs so no problems there.
Miles66
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: K€MP€N -> KR€IS VI€RSEN - NI€D€RRH€IN - NRW - G€RMANY - €UROP€

Re: Another thing for you dot hunters to keep yourselves busy!

Post by Miles66 »

Okay, it´s done:

The result after 8 days and 4225 km

Grüße vom/Greetings from :flag-de: Niederrhein
Dirk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ My €BT-Profile: Mil€s66 and my NIG-Stats ~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kleman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Kleman »

wow 8O 8O
Mes stats

Monde: 34
France :flag-fr: : 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1

Notes: 882 825
Hits: 1436
Moise
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Moise »

woooow 8O 8O ,good job!!!
Yelverdack
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Yelverdack »

Extraordinary !
Exceptionnal !

You did it !

Congratulations, great job !
"To be is to do". Socrates
"To do is to be". Jean-Paul Sartre
"To be do be do". Franck Sinatra

Loi de Bell : Tout corps plongé dans une baignoire entend alors le téléphone sonner.
Loi de Zenone : La file d'à côté avance toujours plus vite. Si tu changes de file, celle que tu viens de quitter deviendra alors la plus rapide.
yli
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by yli »

I also had the idea, but it's ofcourse a pity for the missed dots.

With a bicycle it can mean travelling a whole day without receiving any notes................so, impossible for me :wink:
Jelle zonder internet. Het was een leuke hobby, maar niet mijn hobby. Een leven zonder internet is mijn ding. Een leven van geld uitgeven in plaats van tracken zeg maar.... hahaha. Ja, er mag gelachen worden.
Inloggen op site lukt niet meer, maakt niet uit. Ik snap toch niets van nieuwe biljetten :lol:
G38
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by G38 »

8O 8O Congratulations
BaliBennie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by BaliBennie »

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

Ohhhhh so pretty dotmap!

Very cool! 8)
Visit my homepage to see my statistics, maps and more!

Look at my 5 years statistics

Er gaat niets boven Groningen EBT
Steda
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Steda »

Good job , miles66.

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”