Pooling system banknotes

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus

Annie_in_exile
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Annie_in_exile »

bhoeyb wrote:Last weekend, I've found the first uncirculated 20 E Spanish V-notes printed by M008* near my place :) .
Seems the same for me. Got one yesterday, M009*, in Brussels.
eurobillsandcoins
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by eurobillsandcoins »

Today a Brinks officer dropped by our branch to fill our ATMs. They were filled with new L1 100s, new V 20s, new Z 50s, new X 10s, and U 5s. Its proving this pooling systemis starting to take effect even here in France. Our cash machines dispense differently, we have 3 ATMs one that dispenses 50s, 10s the other 20s and 5s the other one 100s, 50s, 20s, 10s. You need to withdraw at least €300 before you get 1 100€. The €100s don't disappear as quickly as people usually withdraw only 100€ or 200€.
Hong Kong-Asia's world city.
airis
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by airis »

More "pooling notes" :

T 10€ (Irish) notes in Italy.
Y 10€ (Greek) notes in Portugal.
airis
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by airis »

First pooled notes that are found in Finland are Dutch 20 € notes.
They are printed in Germany (P-printer). These notes seem to be more common in Finland (since April 5th 2003) than in the Netherlands.
Look this table.
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by bhoeyb »

Thanks Airis for the info.
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by bhoeyb »

Found today: first 50 € Spanish M008 pooling notes in Belgium
BossaNova
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by BossaNova »

I hate this system..

the diffusion charts are completly distorced..

for instance in Portugal: German, Dutch and Greek notes circulation is completly artificial..

well, it would be expected many German notes, but Greek or Dutch should be more rare..
if it wasn't this system..

bn :evil:

PS: almost every 5euro note I see now are Germans P007** and 10euro notes are Dutch and Greek as said above..
Now in the EBT desert of Paris. My profile here.
querty
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by querty »

Pooling coins does that exist?
Ah, look at all the lonely Euronotes. Where do they all come from? (The Beatles, Eleanor Rigby)

Carpe Ico
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by bhoeyb »

querty wrote:Pooling coins does that exist?
Yes, in Luxemburg certainly! Once, I went to Lux to buy Lux coins rolls (1c - 50c). I've received brand new German 20c coin rolls :evil: ... all other rolls contained a mix of used coins (from Lux-D-B-only a few from NL 8O , ...). Here are the diffusion results of 1c, 2c, 5c, 10c, 20c and 50c.
It looks like they imported French 2c and German 50c in the past.

Afterwards, at a petrol station, I received 10 uncirculated Belgian 10c coins as exchange (maybe because I paid using too many Belgian copper coins :oops: :roll: ).
Eurocracker
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Eurocracker »

[quote] - BossaNova wrote:

"I hate this system..

the diffusion charts are completly distorced..

for instance in Portugal: German, Dutch and Greek notes circulation is completly artificial..

well, it would be expected many German notes, but Greek or Dutch should be more rare..
if it wasn't this system..

bn

PS: almost every 5euro note I see now are Germans P007** and 10euro notes are Dutch and Greek as said above.."

Yes, it's my opinion, too!

Last week I went to the LZB (the branch of the national bank called BUNDESBANK in Germany) to change old DM-Coins in EURO. I got brandnew notes, a 20-€ bill, too... . During the last time, I've wondered why I've seen so many 20-€-bills with a serial-number beginning with "S". Now I know - pooling-notes... :evil:

An idea: We should try to catalogue all bills, which are pooling-bills by their serial-number... . Rather difficult, but if many trackers would help, it shouldn't be impossible! Then it would be easy to distinguish pooling-bills from real foreign bills.

Eurocracker
Aaron
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Aaron »

Eurocracker wrote:An idea: We should try to catalogue all bills, which are pooling-bills by their serial-number... . Rather difficult, but if many trackers would help, it shouldn't be impossible! Then it would be easy to distinguish pooling-bills from real foreign bills.
I agree. There are some notes which are clearly pooling notes and I think they should be cathegorised as local ones on the diffusion pies. For example, the Finnish diffusion pie shows that almost 10% of our notes are Dutch although most of them must be 20€ notes printed by P and they have probably never even been to Netherlands.

What do you think, should the pooling notes be counted as local notes? Should they be just dropped off from the diffusion pie? Or should the system be left unchanged?
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by bhoeyb »

What will we do with e.g. an Italian 20€ first used in Germany which has traveled to Belgium?
Having a realistic view about the diffusion will be (is) impossible :( .
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Fons »

Annie_in_exile wrote:
bhoeyb wrote:Last weekend, I've found the first uncirculated 20 E Spanish V-notes printed by M008* near my place :) .

I had a M011** €50 a few days ago!
Elmo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Elmo »

Fons wrote:
Annie_in_exile wrote:

I had a M011** €50 a few days ago!
I have a M014/V158/€50 note in my database! :o
Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are 'It might have been.' - Kurt Vonnegut
Eurocracker
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Eurocracker »

Thank you all for your reactions!

My idea: In former times we created a non-public topic on this forum called "Cracking the code", maybe someone has noticed that. Our German user Thomas Hagemann analyzed there all connections between serial-numbers and printer-codes. He coordinated those connections and at last he posted the results into this forum, for all countries and to read public for all users. I think, this is a procedere to crack the question, which notes are pooling-notes and which are not.

Explicitely we could ask, which user are ready to support this idea. Those user have to do nothing else than to post under a new (non-public) topic, which notes they've got are uncirculated. If enough user support this procedere, it wouldn't be difficult, to distinguish between the bastard pooling-notes and "real" notes.

Hope the moderators and many user to support my idea!

Eurocracker.

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”