Interview with main French news station

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Interview with main French news station

Post by EuroBillTracker » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:15 pm

France Info is France's 24h news station. I will be interviewing with them tomorrow about EBT. Phaseolus asked me to replace him this afternoon because he can't make it for a very good reason. If you know anything about the media, you know that these things cannot be postponed so I'm deligthed to go and try to make a good impression on millions of listeners; hopefully we'll get a lot of new users when they air it.

He will be sending me some background info he had already prepared. Since I haven't been around, I need it. The interview will be aired in a show on people who collect things and have a "passion" for something. The guy likes the idea of a "virtual collection". If you think anything is worth mentioning please do so here.

Thanks !

Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Mr Euro » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:20 pm

First: Nice to see you back in here!

Second: Ideas

* We are a group of more than 100.000 users where 6500 are french(partially your fault :wink: )
* We track over 30 millions notes
* 1 out of 3 euronotes circulating in France is foreign (I know Dakkus! :wink: )
* The number one tracker is a Dutch team which has entered 410.000 bills
* Our toptracker in France has almost 100.000 bills tracked and lives in Azay-le-rideau
* Every year there is international meeting. After Brussels (2004), Helsinki (2005) Amsterdam (2006), the meeting will take place in Berlin august (2007). The last national meeting was in Paris
* There is a lively community in the forum. You can find all sorts of euro and moneyrelated information in our forum
* France is an important part of the EBT-community
* There are many many many stats
* EBT has more than 70 volunteers who help out in there spare time. Our founder is French, our webmaster is Finnish and our second webmaster is German. A splendid example how Europe should work :wink:
* You can eurobilltrack using your cell-phone!

Third
Thanks for doing the interview. Very much appreciated!

FANTAS
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by FANTAS » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:14 pm

I imagine you'll speak of the serial, the meaning of the letter and the national printers. Talk about the thrill of having a hit (and the time needed to do it), use some of the hit stats to show the speed of the notes and it's longevity.

You can also say that the newcomers in this community can always find someone online to help them, and in their language.

What else can we say? Behave well, you will be the face of EuroBillTracker (literally) for all the viewers.

Should we be offline for a while like when EBT went to the Dutch TV?
My blog Antestreia
My website SciFiWorld

Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by 3948 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:54 pm

Just be you and say whatever comes to mind.

The public loves someone who speaks from the heart and means what he says.

Just be you and you can't go wrong.
:)

ErGo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Interview with main French news station

Post by ErGo » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:34 pm

Hi #1 :wink:

Tell about your idea five years ago and how it develops in this time to a real borderless european project! And that you have to be a little bit crazy to do this, but you can have so much fun!!!

Thank you to set the ball rolling.

debemaks
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by debemaks » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:17 am

Is there a chance to listen to this program by live broadcast? At what time will you be on air?? I'd really like to listen to this interview!

-- EDIT --

Here's the link for those would like to listen to... but I don't know the time!

http://www.radiofrance.fr/chaines/france-info/accueil/
Last edited by debemaks on Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
I collect and swap 2€ CC, PM for swap!!!!
Do you like card fighting games? Try this one!!
www.palerici.it - Skype: debemaks - my NIG stats
my EBTST stats
File NIG codes_italy_comuni.txt ver45 update 21/01/2013

diogocanilho
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by diogocanilho » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:19 am

I agree with all sugestions of our fellow trackers.
It could be a good chance to enlarge people's knowledge about EBT, specially in France and in others french-speakers arround the World.
My sugestion is that you can speak about the worldwide interaction that EBT makes, and more specially about European work interactivity, like a real good example for our politics.
Do you know what time it will go on air?
Good luck on that programm!

Crossmaster
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Crossmaster » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:56 am

Try to mention the URL as often as possible :wink:

Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:28 pm

Contrary to the announcement by avij, the Radio show will NOT be aired today.

It is being recorded today (at 12.30 by Giro) ; and Giro will tell us this afternoon when the programme will be scheduled.

The show is about "collection and related issues" ; France Inter is one of the biggest channel ; so we might get many users "of good quality" (=collectors)

Well, at least, let's hope it will be ! :lol:

avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:02 pm

Ah ok, I was under impression that it'd be a live broadcast. I've now removed the announcement message, until we get further details about the planned date & time for the broadcast.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.

Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:17 pm

avij wrote:Ah ok, I was under impression that it'd be a live broadcast. I've now removed the announcement message, until we get further details about the planned date & time for the broadcast.
But, in addition, we will have an article on a French Information Internet website (www.rue89.com) ; this article is scheduled for tomorrow (but, the publication of such article is always dependent on whether or not our new President wants to show that he likes running or drinking vodka with Putine, etc...) :lol:

EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Interview

Post by EuroBillTracker » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:51 pm

Hi all, I did the interview, we finished at 1:30. His show is about people who collect things and he expected me & us to be bill & coin collectors so the first few minutes were a little fuzzy since he was asking things I had no idea about. Then we found the angle : what is the purpose of a "virtual collection"

He recorded about 10 minutes of footage and will condense it to 1:50. He will call me back to let me know when it airs.

He was very nice but anyone who has experience with the media knows it is : you feel you're caught in a maelstrom !

Cheers!

Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Interview

Post by Phaseolus » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:02 pm

EuroBillTracker wrote:Hi all, I did the interview, we finished at 1:30. His show is about people who collect things and he expected me & us to be bill & coin collectors so the first few minutes were a little fuzzy since he was asking things I had no idea about. Then we found the angle : what is the purpose of a "virtual collection"

He recorded about 10 minutes of footage and will condense it to 1:50. He will call me back to let me know when it airs.

He was very nice but anyone who has experience with the media knows it is : you feel you're caught in a maelstrom !

Cheers!
Anyway, dear Giro, the main prupose is to hear the URL-address on a French National Radio ; let's hope that brings as much as your previous Europe41-interview (where we got over 500 new registered players)

The interesting idea is that the show focusses on collectors ; these kind of people are able to be more interested for EBT and to get addicted sooner or later ! :lol:

Any idea when this show will be aired !

Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:44 pm

If you can't wait for the Radio show by Philippe Girolami, you can always read the article published on www.rue89.com.

You will see two video's showing 7.92*57 in his pharmacy and some voice recording of myself... :lol:

I believe we are going to recruit some new French users !

Klazu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Klazu » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:11 pm

You're doing nice work in France! I hope it's rewarded with lots of new users and a true kick start for this hobby in there. :P
Living away from Euro zone in the beautiful Vancouver, Canada since January 2012. Experiences and stories of living in here can be found in here (in Finnish).

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”