Interview with main French news station

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

bhoeyb NLI

Post by bhoeyb NLI »

Phaseolus wrote:If you can't wait for the Radio show by Philippe Girolami, you can always read the article published on www.rue89.com.
Very nice interview!
jabosa2
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by jabosa2 »

Very nice to see a lot of new French users, they are very welcome :P :D :P
Steun het Nederlandse Rode Kruis.
www.rodekruis.nl/
My stats
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Mr Euro »

Superb interview. It's nice to know the tricks of french topuser! Hope to meet you one day on an international meeting!
ravestorm
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by ravestorm »

Good job.

My French is quite poor (I studied it at school till when I was 16) but I understood largest part of that interview, I didn't believe it :lol:
«Io dormirò tranquillo perché so che il mio peggior nemico veglia su di me.»
  • Biondo - Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo

PLEASE, DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!

Il 19.09.2013 ho scritto: Comicerò a cambiare atteggiamento da ora in poi, quindi che il forum non si lamenti se da ora in avanti verranno prese misure drastiche.
Klazu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Klazu »

Could someone give us who don't speak any French a small summary of the interview. I looked the videos, but didn't understand a word.
Living away from Euro zone in the beautiful Vancouver, Canada since January 2012. Experiences and stories of living in here can be found in here (in Finnish).
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

Klazu wrote:Could someone give us who don't speak any French a small summary of the interview. I looked the videos, but didn't understand a word.
Well to summarize the article : it deals with a internet website, called ww.eurobilltracker.com. It's a kind of community where people spend their time registering serial numbers of banknotes, in the hope that someone else would find back the same banknote in the future. So you can follow the trip of the bill in time.

Maybe you should give a try ; it can be fun.

:roll:

Otherwise, you can see 7.92*57 in his pharmacy explaining about the first letter of the serial number and explaining that "L" is a very good letter as it comes from Finland and he hopes to get more hits with such bills.

Then you can see Petra who is a Serbian woman that goes around the Xth district in order to collect 5€ bills for 7.92*57.

Then 7.92*57 explains a hit he got with me (this one) : the comments fields say that this bill was collected by Petra and that it was a bill from the grandmother of my children...

There are some audio-files where you can hear me explaining how I get my bills ; filling my fuel tanks for 15€, while paying with a 50€. Obviously I mentionned that my wife was also registering my bills as she prefers to have me register banknotes, either then watching soccer ! :wink:
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

The interview on the French channel was aired yesterday ; you can listen it here

unfortunately, it didn't lead to a very big flow... :roll:
Klazu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Klazu »

Thanks for the summary! I didn't know all of that from the before. :D
Phaseolus wrote:unfortunately, it didn't lead to a very big flow... :roll:
It's like this always. Whatever the media, it's always some few hundred new users that register themselves to the site. So don't be discouraged by this, it's just something that happends. I remember our best media coverage been some television clip(?) in Belgium that brought us some 1000 users. Normal is 100-300 from one media coverage, so considering that you did very good!

And if this brought us even one quite or very active user more in France, we can all be very happy! :wink:
Living away from Euro zone in the beautiful Vancouver, Canada since January 2012. Experiences and stories of living in here can be found in here (in Finnish).
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

Klazu wrote:Thanks for the summary! I didn't know all of that from the before. :D
Phaseolus wrote:unfortunately, it didn't lead to a very big flow... :roll:
It's like this always. Whatever the media, it's always some few hundred new users that register themselves to the site. So don't be discouraged by this, it's just something that happends. I remember our best media coverage been some television clip(?) in Belgium that brought us some 1000 users. Normal is 100-300 from one media coverage, so considering that you did very good!

And if this brought us even one quite or very active user more in France, we can all be very happy! :wink:
As you could understand it, we had two coverages this weekend : the information website and the radio.

It's the website that delivered +/- 200 new users... The radio didn't bring a lot...

But it can be explained by the difficult transfer from Radio/TV :arrow: Internet. The advantage of the Internet website is that people just need to click... The article was read 3800 times and brought 200 new registered users... That's a good conversion rate...
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

I just got the information by google.fr that they might take over an information regarding EBT (and the recent article on rue89.com) on their information section in the coming weeks.

I can't imagine what will be the flow of new French users if we get this publication.

But I just keep dreaming... :lol:

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”