Why is a hit moderated?

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

suntzu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

What happened to the hit

Post by suntzu » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:03 pm

Hi @ll, i just registered in the forum to explain all this mess.
First of all i want to apologize to larko for the trouble of having a hit and afterwords won`t having it. But above all my conscience is clean and i believe i did the right thing, of course i did one wrong thing, if i didn`t none of this would happened.
Here it goes. I have a friend who goes to algarve ( a southern region of Portugal) quite often, and now and then he brings the money that he didn`t spent, i give him the same amount with my registered bills (which he spends on his daily life) and register those he give me.
No problems up to that day. The problem was that we didn´t met and i`ve received an email with 5 serials and printer codes, i believe the less common bill was the irish one, the others were french(i think), i know it`s a serial that i`ve plenty bills with that.
When i`ve made the registration, the last bill, the one, gave me a hit. Before opening the link i though it was a hit with some people in the algarve, but nope ... it was a hit with Finland ( believe me, thats the kind of hit everyone in Portugal wants) i thought ... to good to be true, but it was a hit and for me it was if larko hasn`t a blog, but larko has a blog, and since i`m curious i was wondering ... let me see something more about that user, the profile, job, interests, maybe a last travel log something that could tell me where did he left the bill before travelling to me.
In the section euro, i was looking the posts and i saw a 10€ bill, no problem with that since the bill isn`t identifiable like that, but when i read the post i`ve seen a serial number ... and i wondered ... maybe my friend looked about the subject (euro tracking) found that and send me a serial number, and he send me a printer code aswell.
I`ve send an email to EBT moderators explaining the situation and living to their consideration deleting or not the hit.
I`ve asked my friend and he told me that the only thing could happened was to read and write the number wrongly.
Of course there is a lesson on all this, in the future i only register notes that are in my hand.
For all of this, my apologizes to larko, and to EBT.
Best regards
Suntzu

larko
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by larko » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 pm

Suntzu, I think both of us have a lesson to learn and I think both of us have learned it and done our homework. As far as I am concerned, this incident is closed. It is not going to happen again if I can do anything about it. :-)

suntzu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Lesson learned

Post by suntzu » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:25 pm

... and as usually in life, the hardway.
I`ve posted a comment on your website.
Best regards

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”