language

if you have anything to say about this forum, this is the place

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

Craco
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by Craco »

We did put up a subforum per language we provide for the site. Probably the english, french and german forum will be the main forums in the beginning. We were thinking that it's nice if people could discuss in their own language and we'll do our best to get the discussions up to date in the forum. Certainly we will have to evaluate if this is the right approach, but the future will bring us that answer.

Greetz,

PC aka Craco
Dobber

I do agree

Post by Dobber »

I also think it is a bad idea to split up the forums in languages. First of all it splits up the "group". Now we will have one french side and one english side, and that is sad as I see it. So please can we not make one forum instead of splitting it up? If some people beleive that their english is not good enough there is only one way to make it better, training and more training. And it does not matter how many mistakes you make, people are understanding and will help you.

Just my opinion

Dobber
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by EuroBillTracker »

craco wrote: We did put up a subforum per language we provide for the site. Probably the english, french and german forum will be the main forums in the beginning. We were thinking that it's nice if people could discuss in their own language and we'll do our best to get the discussions up to date in the forum. Certainly we will have to evaluate if this is the right approach, but the future will bring us that answer.

Greetz,

PC aka Craco
I was originally in favor of multiple groups but it's kind of tiresome after a while don't you think ? I'm just putting it up for discussion.
Thanks for the effort of putting the board up !!

Webmaster
mts
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by mts »

Hey this is Europe.. maybe you should hire translators :) IMO localised forums bring more users, and you'll get more serials in the database..
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

parlez-vous français?

Post by Olivier »

<<Why is it always the french that have to speak there own language?
Don't they want to speak english or are they really not able to speak english?>

Can't we choose the language we want to speak? For the moment, we speak french only in the french section... It's not much!

<i can not follow any discussion in the french forum.
of course, if you don't speak french... it's logical!

You had a similar reaction in the suomi forum...

O.
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

smh wrote:
For the moment, we speak french only in the french section
But now all the non french speaking can not follow the discussion
Having different forums in just a way of not crowding the english forum with discussions others cannot understand.

Webmaster
francky
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

English-Other..

Post by francky »

Sure that it's better to have a common language in Europe.

Myself, i think it's funny the thing that we have to use English in a forum about EURO. What is the currency in ENGLAND :lol:??

:idea: Who speak ESPERENTO??
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

smh wrote:
Having different forums in just a way of not crowding the english forum with discussions others cannot understand.
Still nobody has told me why the French aren't willing to speak English.
parce qu'on n'aime pas l'anglais ;p

Post by Guest »

[en]
IMO the best option would be writing English as much as possible and translating your own message and mark the language with abbreviations like [fi] [en] [de] [fr] and so on, just like in the europa.* newsgroups.

[fi]
Eli mun mielestä olis parasta kirjoittaa mahdollisimman usein englantia ja kääntää itse tekstinsä. Kielen vois vielä merkata lyhenteillä [fi] [en] [de] [fr] ja niin edelleen, kuten europa.* -uutisryhmissä tehdään.
mts
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by mts »

EuroBillTracker is a multi-language site, so it's natural that this forum is also multi-language. But I don't mind if you change this forum to English-only.

Great idea, Anonymous!
Poutsi
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Poutsi »

Anonymous wrote: [en]
IMO the best option would be writing English as much as possible and translating your own message and mark the language with abbreviations like [fi] [en] [de] [fr] and so on, just like in the europa.* newsgroups.

[fi]
Eli mun mielestä olis parasta kirjoittaa mahdollisimman usein englantia ja kääntää itse tekstinsä. Kielen vois vielä merkata lyhenteillä [fi] [en] [de] [fr] ja niin edelleen, kuten europa.* -uutisryhmissä tehdään.
Err... forgot to logon, this was my text :oops:
Aina ei voi voittaa :/
mts
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by mts »

lol.. just what I did yesterday.. craco, maybe you should disable anonymous posting, this forum is likely to get spammed when it becomes more popular.. and to prevent two stupid Finnish guys from screwing up :lol:
Poutsi
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Poutsi »

mts wrote: lol.. just what I did yesterday.. craco, maybe you should disable anonymous posting, this forum is likely to get spammed when it becomes more popular.. and to prevent two stupid Finnish guys from screwing up :lol:
I agree :)
Aina ei voi voittaa :/
Flip the Coin
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Flip the Coin »

smh wrote: So why speak French then? English is still the most spoken language in europ.
I think German is the native language spoken bij most Europeans, but I think most people know English as their second language.

Flip the Coin
There is no spoon..
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

mts wrote: lol.. just what I did yesterday.. craco, maybe you should disable anonymous posting, this forum is likely to get spammed when it becomes more popular.. and to prevent two stupid Finnish guys from screwing up :lol:
I don't agree... let's wait until that happens to do something about it.
Sometimes, people don't like having to register to participate.

Webmaster

Return to “Forum feedback”