E-mail notifications.

if you have anything to say about this forum, this is the place

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

E-mail notifications.

Post by eddydevries »

Since a few days ago, I notice something strange with the e-mails I got concerning "New reaction in 'this' topic".

They mention topics which hasn't been changed, and other topics where an answer was posted (and I was "subscribed to") weren't mentioned.

Has there been any change in the "topics-id", so that the wrong notifications are sent?
Or has there something else been the matter?
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: E-mail notifications.

Post by avij »

I'd guess some spam message triggered the notification, and the spam message got removed before you got the chance to read the topic. As for not getting notifications from the topics you're subscribed to.. sorry, no ideas about that at the moment.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tabbs »

Not exactly related to the initial post, but the topic is right, so ... :)

The forum reply notifications that I get via e-mail have apparently had a somewhat different format lately. As a result, they show in my e-mail app with the "From" column being empty, and the subject is truncated like this:

Topic reply notification - "Wireless Euro bil

The same notification, received on my cellphone, has "Kein Absender" (No Sender) as the sender info, and the same truncated subject as above. The message body starts with something that looks like part of the header, e.g. =?UTF-8?B?b etc. No idea yet whether this is something that my e-mail provider does or whether this is anything the sender could fix. Right now I'm just mildly annoyed ...

Christian
tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tabbs »

FWIW, the reply notifications now go a different mail service/address that I use, and they look just fine.

Christian

Return to “Forum feedback”