Attaching files to PM's

if you have anything to say about this forum, this is the place

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Attaching files to PM's

Post by MDeen »

I've tried attaching a file to a PM just now, and it wouldn't do it. Extention jpg was not allowed, also png was not allowed and even jpg_ was not allowed.

What files can be attached to PM's?
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Attaching files to PM's

Post by Jes »

MDeen wrote:I've tried attaching a file to a PM just now, and it wouldn't do it. Extention jpg was not allowed, also png was not allowed and even jpg_ was not allowed.

I think jpg is allowed, but you may need to lower the resolution (ie: "small" files).

If not, upload the picture elsewere and put the

Code: Select all

[img]Thing[/img]
like that. :?:
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
ErGo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ErGo »

Jes wrote:
MDeen wrote:I've tried attaching a file to a PM just now, and it wouldn't do it. Extention jpg was not allowed, also png was not allowed and even jpg_ was not allowed.

I think jpg is allowed, but you may need to lower the resolution (ie: "small" files).
I had the same problem with attachments at PMs. My jpg-file was something about 60kB, so not really big.
Its just the question, if no extension like gif, png, jpg or even zip is allowed, why this function exists?
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MDeen »

My thoughts exactly. I can find no mention of which files are allowed and which are not and what the maximum file size could be.

I've also tried to add a .txt file and a file with no extension, both less then 1 kB in size. And these were also not allowed.
So it seems to me that this function is not possible at all. If that is the case, then please remove it from the "compose message" screen.
LucasFr
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: phpBB v3.1

Post by LucasFr »

About attached files in the private messaging system: it's only possible to send Acrobat Pdf files. Was it like that before? Is it deliberate?
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: phpBB v3.1

Post by MDeen »

I have asked this question before, I came to the conclusion that attaching files just did not work. I never tried pdf files though, so I would say that it probably works like it always worked: not very good.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Attaching files to PM's

Post by avij »

I moved the above two messages to this topic.

Sorry, I seem to have missed this topic previously. I have now adjusted the settings so that more file extensions are allowed. Try to keep your attachments reasonable.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
LucasFr
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by LucasFr »

Authorized files now seem to be *.* which means basically any file. I've been able to transfer a .txt file to another member this afternoon.

Thanks for changing this :wink:

Return to “Forum feedback”