automatic log-in

if you have anything to say about this forum, this is the place

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

franci1

A little difference with login

Post by franci1 »

Dakkus wrote:Might also be that the password reset email gets eaten by his spam bot.
Maybe, today is the difference, that I can ask for a new password , I recieve it via mail, copy and use link to activate, try to login, but, after 2-3 second i am again not log in. But , I will ask some of my friends, please do not worry.
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: automatic log-in

Post by Phaseolus »

I am getting problems logging in automatically from my home computer since this morning ?

Any particular reason for this happening today ?
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

Most often, when I click on a link on the forum referring to a page of the website eurobilltracker.com (for example viewing a hit that is to be moderated), it often opens a windows WHITOUT logging me in. Also sometimes, it DOES log me in. It's like playing the lotery

Furthermore, when NOT logging me in, it opens a windows in Portuguese, although the user has written a link in another language code.

My settings for my PC is French ; at the office, I use Internet explorer 6.0 and at home a Mac with safari.

I have this kind of (little) problem both at home and at the office. :wink:
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Mr Euro »

Phaseolus wrote:Most often, when I click on a link on the forum referring to a page of the website eurobilltracker.com (for example viewing a hit that is to be moderated), it often opens a windows WHITOUT logging me in. Also sometimes, it DOES log me in. It's like playing the lotery

Furthermore, when NOT logging me in, it opens a windows in Portuguese, although the user has written a link in another language code.

My settings for my PC is French ; at the office, I use Internet explorer 6.0 and at home a Mac with safari.

I have this kind of (little) problem both at home and at the office. :wink:
I have the same problem. At home I have IE 8.0 and at work IE 7.0.

I noticed that when I cut the url to the base, I get logged in, without actually entering anything. Quiet strange
Bleker
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Bleker »

I normally use the link eurobilltracker.eu and when someone post a link with eurobilltracker.com it doesn't log me. I don't have this problem when the link is .eu.

Did you compare the url you use from your computer and the url of the link you click on?
doiknow
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by doiknow »

Ages (or at least months ago) there has been a discussion on that issue in the german Forum. It seems as there are still rests of the splits. Meaning: If you log in at ebt.com you are not logged in at ebt.eu and the other way round resulting in the problems described above. On the other hand you can easily find out which user uses which adress...

Concerning the language problem: EBT saves your selected language in a cookie called 'cookieLanguage'. You need to change its contents to the language of your choice to see the page in the 'right' language. There are two ways to do so: First: Use a cookie editor. Second: Open the page and click on a flag to change the language. Until the cookies won't be deleted until you tell your browser to do so the EBT site will access the old stored cookie and open the page in the language last saved within the Language cookie... As a site cannot access cookies of another site the problem gets clear: Let's say you normally use the .eu domain and you have no cookie saved for the .com domain. By now clicking a portugese link (pt.eurobilltracker.com) EBT.com will save portugese as your standard language for the .com site. Meaning: The next time you access the .com domain everything will be displayed in potugese if you do not delete your cookies or change the language....

I personally can't fugiure out a solution as a site/domain can not access the cookies for another site/domain - as long as we will have both domains running we need to coop with two cookies. So think of my three possible workarounds:
1. Always change the language of the site.
2. Post your Links starting with the language ID of the language you are currently writing in - here it would be en.eurobilltracker.com/eu for example...
3. Consider this to be a part of the Idea of EBT and start learning all the other languages ;)
One Currency, one Union, one Eurobilltracker...
My dots are of the same order as 10.
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

Since a couple of days I keep being asked to login in when I connect on the forum, although I check the box asking for automatic logiN. I don't know if something changed regarding logins on the forum.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Phaseolus wrote:Since a couple of days I keep being asked to login in when I connect on the forum, although I check the box asking for automatic logiN. I don't know if something changed regarding logins on the forum.
Nothing specific to logins has been changed in the last few days, as far as I'm aware. Is there perhaps a difference in behaviour whether you access the forum via http://forum.eurobilltracker.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or https://forum.eurobilltracker.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ? That might affect some cookie-related things. Please bear in mind that if you access the forum by clicking the Forum link on EBT, it'll use the same protocol (http or https) you're using on EBT for the forum as well.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.

Return to “Forum feedback”