automatic log-in

if you have anything to say about this forum, this is the place

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

BogPoet
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by BogPoet »

I'd like to ask if the www.ebtforum.com address is also going to be re-assigned to the new server (hey, it's shorter - oh, well, I guess I can always bookmark...). BTW, I've been doing some tracing and apparently the DNS diffusion has reached my ISP (so, everything ay-okay - I just wonder what 'tiikeri' means...) :)
Tracking (again) Image
Elmo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Elmo »

avij wrote:
Elmo wrote:I have to login TWICE before I am logged in. Anyone who has these problems too?
Let me guess -- first you accessed the address www.eurobilltracker.eu/phpBB2, logged in and the site threw you to ebtforum.miuku.net where you had to log in again? Yes, this may be a side effect of the two names for the forum server. This will be fixed when we can change the forum to recognize itself only as forum.eurobilltracker.eu instead of the temporary ebtforum.miuku.net address.

I guess we could do this during this night. My own computer just recently (a few hours ago) started to receive the new IP address for ebtforum, I think the DNS changes have propagated enough by now.
Yes. :roll:
Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are 'It might have been.' - Kurt Vonnegut
Ganymede
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Ganymede »

avij wrote:If yes, it means that the forum tried to set the automatic login setting for your browser, but your browser refused to accept it. If this is the case, have a look at MSIE settings; Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy, from there you can set MSIE to accept all cookies or if you like, set it to accept cookies only from selected web sites. Personally I've chosen to allow all cookies. It might reduce my privacy somewhat, but frankly I don't care if someone monitors how often I visit web sites etc.
Hmm... I did know about this setting, but I never had any problem with other sites that use cookies, so I never considered it could be the problem...

It's at normal at the moment, not even at the highest setting. I'll try changing it.

EDIT: As this is not officially my own computer I won't change the setting completely, but I've added the forum adress to the list of sites to be allowed. We'll see.
I don't háve a life.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

BogPoet wrote:I'd like to ask if the www.ebtforum.com address is also going to be re-assigned to the new server
Yes, it pointed to the temporary name for some time, and for some days now it's been pointing to forum.eurobilltracker.eu.
BogPoet wrote:apparently the DNS diffusion has reached my ISP (so, everything ay-okay - I just wonder what 'tiikeri' means...) :)
Tiikeri is Finnish for tiger. For those who have no idea why BogPoet asked about this, tiikeri.miuku.net is the primary name of the new server, it just happens to have several names such as forum.eurobilltracker.eu.

Here's the complete story. Several years ago when I moved to my current location and bought a new computer, I had to pick a name for the new computer. As I live right next to a small park called Karhupuisto (Bear park), I selected the name "karhu" (or "bear") for the computer. When that computer became too slow for desktop use, I installed Linux on it and used it as a firewall computer. I bought a new computer and thought I'd continue with the animal theme and picked the name "hirvi" (moose) for it. I'm still using it, although it's been upgraded several times by now. Half a year ago I bought another computer, primarily for running Linux. This was named "ahma" (wolverine?, Gulo gulo).

At some point I got a laptop and named it "silkkiuikku" (silk grebe??, Podiceps cristatus). Birds travel quite a lot, so I thought this would be a good name for a laptop. The computers named "leijona" (lion) and "tiikeri" (tiger) are the web servers for EBT and EBTF, respectively. I don't have those computers at home, so I thought I'd pick some "foreign" animal names for them.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
Ganymede
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Ganymede »

The bird is the

Great Crested Grebe,
Fuut,
Haubentaucher,
Somormujo lavanco,
Grèbe huppé,
Svasso maggiore,
Chomga or
Skäggdopping

depending on your language...

Now here's something you don't hear me saying often: nice bird... :wink:
I don't háve a life.
Asiamaniac
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Asiamaniac »

Unvolunteerly, I also end up writing as a guest...
Meine Angst, dass die Autokorrektur einmal etwas Obszönes ausspuckt, wichst täglich.
franc(xxxx)

HEY, you have not logged in!

Post by franc(xxxx) »

HEY, you have not logged in!

Of course not. Plese tell me, why i can not log in ? Only on forum ??
About 10 days i try but does not go ? Cookies is OK, i realy do not know. But may be i must ask some of those people who know more I know about computers.

Any help ?

nick : franci
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

The Eurobilltracker user names don't work on Eurobilltracker forum, because _technically_ the forum has nothing to do with Eurobilltracker itself.
So, you should click the register link on the top of the forum and register yourself a username also on the forum.
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
francxxx

r

Post by francxxx »

Thanks, but I am registered on forum with nick franci, but i can not log in !!!
And i am not forget my password, because it is correct. And i can even not ask for new password, because...it is simply impossible.
And i can not registered once again, because my mail is already in use etc. etc.... And i can ( and you ) see my posts under find "franci"...
We will see...
Thanks for answer, anyway. :? :)
( on EBT I am using name franci1 ) :)
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

francxxx wrote:And i can even not ask for new password, because...it is simply impossible.
Really? Why do you think it's impossible? I've now sent you a password reset email, just in case.

Other things to consider:
1) delete all cookies originating from *.eurobilltracker.com
2) use the proper address for the forum, http://forum.eurobilltracker.eu/
3) some aggressive anti-spyware programs are known to be problematic, try disabling such programs

In case the problems persist, send an email to contact(at)eurobilltracker.com and I'll have a closer look.
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

Might also be that the password reset email gets eaten by his spam bot.
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
franci
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by franci »

avij wrote:
francxxx wrote:And i can even not ask for new password, because...it is simply impossible.
Really? Why do you think it's impossible?
Because when i use option " Forget a password? " or the same in other words, after one or two second, i a am again on first page ....

But, thanks, avij, for new password, everything is OK now. Thanks again and have a nice weekend.
B I V O L
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: HEY, you have not logged in!

Post by B I V O L »

franc(xxxx) wrote:HEY, you have not logged in!

Of course not. Plese tell me, why i can not log in ? Only on forum ??
About 10 days i try but does not go ? Cookies is OK, i realy do not know. But may be i must ask some of those people who know more I know about computers.

Any help ?

nick : franci
Hmm, strange things :roll: ; franci maybe you were celebrating st. Martin too early :lol: .
B I V O L
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by B I V O L »

:flag-si: franci has problems again; he can't log in this forum :roll: , so please help him :idea: . He asked me to help in :flag-si: forum as guest.
franci1 wrote:...( seveda se spet ne morem logirat na forum, B I V O L, pomagaj, ne pa zafrkavat tam v angleščini :roll: :( ) :?
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

I'm betting on cookie problems -- see the original suggestions. Other things to test:
4) use a different computer
5) use a different browser

Return to “Forum feedback”