automatic log-in

if you have anything to say about this forum, this is the place

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

Ganymede
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

automatic log-in

Post by Ganymede »

Doesn't seem to work. It's not serious, just annoying. I keep ticking the box following

Log me on automatically each visit:

But nothing seems to happen. When I'm logged in I can browse the forum for as long as I want, but if I close it and want to re-enter I have to log in again.

Since there's no other option - for instance in Profile - to change this, does anyone know what I can do?
I don't háve a life.
marcrotterdam
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by marcrotterdam »

You might want to enable 'cookies' in your browser.

Since a lot of websites are real cookiemonsters these days, the EBT-site would probably remember you once you give it one.

If that's not the problem, then I wouldn't know.
ROTTÛRDAM,
ECH WEL!
Ganymede
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Ganymede »

There are many sites I visit with automatic log-in and all the other sites work without a glitch so I don't think it could be that.
I don't háve a life.
EDN
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by EDN »

I have the same problem as Ganymede.
Log me on automatically each visit: does not work.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Try deleting the cookie file for forum.eurobilltracker.eu
Ganymede
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Ganymede »

Nope. I deleted the cookie, logged on, closed the window and in the time it took me to open another and find the forum's address (three clicks) it was gone again.
I don't háve a life.
ZEUS
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

auto logging does not work

Post by ZEUS »

EDN wrote:I have the same problem as Ganymede.
Log me on automatically each visit: does not work.

I confirm, it does not work

another problem: how to set the forum, that at each opening, the newest contributions are shown on top and not the oldest.

To change this manually each time, is time consuming.
Ganymede
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Ganymede »

Hey! Since the move, the automatic log on works!
I don't háve a life.
Fundamental
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Fundamental »

Same problem here and it's really fustrating..
Ganymede
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Ganymede »

DANG!

It only works through http://ebtforum.miuku.net ... How is that different from www.eurobilltracker.eu/forum?

How is it possible that I can log on automatically via one adress and not via the other???
I don't háve a life.
HNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by HNL »

'Automatic log on' works fine here, but I'm not able to click on 'new posts' in the topics.
!Pretfles!
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by !Pretfles! »

Ganymede wrote:DANG!

It only works through http://ebtforum.miuku.net ... How is that different from www.eurobilltracker.eu/forum?
same problem here
My Flickr
Personal Blog
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
('.)_('.) webpage to help him gain world domination.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

First of all, the forum uses cookies for storing your automatic login preference. Generally speaking, the cookie problems are almost always related to the web browser or web proxy and almost never related to the web server itself.
Ganymede wrote:It only works through http://ebtforum.miuku.net ... How is that different from www.eurobilltracker.eu/forum?

How is it possible that I can log on automatically via one adress and not via the other???
www.eurobilltracker.eu/forum is a frame that loads ebtforum.miuku.net in one frame. So in reality you get the same page, but when using the /forum address the ebtforum.miuku.net address isn't visible. This may confuse MSIE and its privacy settings.

When you log in and tell the forum to remember your login, do you see this "blocked" icon at the bottom of your MSIE window:

If yes, it means that the forum tried to set the automatic login setting for your browser, but your browser refused to accept it. If this is the case, have a look at MSIE settings; Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy, from there you can set MSIE to accept all cookies or if you like, set it to accept cookies only from selected web sites. Personally I've chosen to allow all cookies. It might reduce my privacy somewhat, but frankly I don't care if someone monitors how often I visit web sites etc.

Using a web proxy may affect the cookies as well, because the cookies are set and used in the HTTP headers.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
Elmo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Elmo »

I have to login TWICE before I am logged in. Anyone who has these
problems too?
Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are 'It might have been.' - Kurt Vonnegut
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Elmo wrote:I have to login TWICE before I am logged in. Anyone who has these problems too?
Let me guess -- first you accessed the address www.eurobilltracker.eu/phpBB2, logged in and the site threw you to ebtforum.miuku.net where you had to log in again? Yes, this may be a side effect of the two names for the forum server. This will be fixed when we can change the forum to recognize itself only as forum.eurobilltracker.eu instead of the temporary ebtforum.miuku.net address.

I guess we could do this during this night. My own computer just recently (a few hours ago) started to receive the new IP address for ebtforum, I think the DNS changes have propagated enough by now.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.

Return to “Forum feedback”