Strange error

if you have anything to say about this forum, this is the place

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Strange error

Post by Crazy Bob »

I'm trying to edit my statistics in the "Post here your statistics" topic, however, when I hit the "Submit" button, the following error comes up: Your message contains too few characters.

Strange of course, because it's actually quite a bit of data from NIG that I'm pasting in the window. Could it be that the message is actually too long, and therefore gets rejected by the forum software?
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Strange error

Post by Crazy Bob »

nobody? :?
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

We're now running the newest version of phpBB. Is the new version any better in this regard?
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
dserrano5
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by dserrano5 »

I found that error yesterday while updating my stats. Since it was a bigger copy-paste than usual (I have my own stats tool, which mimics NIG output with some extras), I just thought I hit a size limit and the error message was simply backwards.
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

I don't want to open a new topic about this, because maybe it's easy to fix (or it's impossible to fix).

Nowadays, I use the https of the EBT-site.
When I start the forum from there, the url is also https.

But when I open a topic (this topic for example), most times it shows a popup with the question "You just want to show the contains of this page which where sent over a secure line?"

If you choose "Yes", you'll see only a part of the topic (most times a noticed this, the pictures couldn't be loaded).

Is it possible to change this (I don't like to click "No" each time I open a topic, with the possibility of a mistake)? (maybe change the link into http?)
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Yes, technically it'd of course be possible to keep the forum HTTP-only, but I prefer that people would use HTTPS whenever possible. The problem is indeed with the images, and in particular, those images that are not served from the forum's webserver. Smilies / flag icons and attached (uploaded) images are okay in this regard. If the popups bother you, I'd suggest either using some other browser which has a more gentle mixed content warning or disabling the mixed content warning entirely.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.

Return to “Forum feedback”