pe1mmk

spam on our forum

Post by pe1mmk »

your forum is spamming ours
If you consist doing this I will take apprpriate measuers to stop this:

Below the spam message with email address:

-----------------original message---------------

Written by Ralf at 18 May 2004 21:10:24:

Volg je eurobiljetten door heel europa TIP!
Meld je aan op:
http://www.eurobilltrackersite.tk

* volg je eurobiljetten link

euroverzamelaarralf@hotmail.com
Ralf
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: spam on our forum

Post by Ralf »

pe1mmk wrote:your forum is spamming ours
If you consist doing this I will take apprpriate measuers to stop this:

Below the spam message with email address:

-----------------original message---------------

Written by Ralf at 18 May 2004 21:10:24:

Volg je eurobiljetten door heel europa TIP!
Meld je aan op:
http://www.eurobilltrackersite.tk

* volg je eurobiljetten link

euroverzamelaarralf@hotmail.com
Hello,

Which forum is this?
I read before posting the FAQ and when i can not find anything than I post a message.
pe1mmk

spamming

Post by pe1mmk »

Our forum is:

INTERNATIONAL TRANSISTOR FORUM

I will not give the actual link as I fear others might find it fun to do it again.
I have banned the Ralf, who did this spamming, from our forum, but I will not hasitate to inform hosting companies when it happenes again. Spamming is a real plague to the internet as many of us have experienced by now, so I hope moderators of this forum will do everything to keep it to this incident alone.

Our members are very unhappy with this spamming practise. I senserely hope no member of our forum will take action against the spammer(s).

Sorry to put it this way but its very annoying when people think this is fun.

I will not read FAQs or anything as this takes too much of my time, spamming is to be avoided at any cost, I do the utmost on my forums and the moderators of this forum should do so on theirs.

Kind regards,
Hans.
de PE1MMK

Moderator of the INTERNATIONAL TRANSISTOR FORUM
Ralf
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: spamming

Post by Ralf »

pe1mmk wrote:Our forum is:

INTERNATIONAL TRANSISTOR FORUM

I will not give the actual link as I fear others might find it fun to do it again.
I have banned the Ralf, who did this spamming, from our forum, but I will not hasitate to inform hosting companies when it happenes again. Spamming is a real plague to the internet as many of us have experienced by now, so I hope moderators of this forum will do everything to keep it to this incident alone.

Our members are very unhappy with this spamming practise. I senserely hope no member of our forum will take action against the spammer(s).

Sorry to put it this way but its very annoying when people think this is fun.

I will not read FAQs or anything as this takes too much of my time, spamming is to be avoided at any cost, I do the utmost on my forums and the moderators of this forum should do so on theirs.

Kind regards,
Hans.
de PE1MMK

Moderator of the INTERNATIONAL TRANSISTOR FORUM
When you want to people know which things are ok and which not than you must make a good FAQ.
When there is not a FAQ than I don't know that i can put something on that forum.
pe1mmk

spamming

Post by pe1mmk »

If thats your position then I can go on spamming any forum that fails to mention a particular situation that I of course can create at any time.
So this mentality is to be condamned, when you do not find a restriction in your particular situation you just spam a forum, nice guy you are. A transistor forum has NOT anything to do with currency at all, so its obvious that you ARE spamming. Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!

Hans
Ralf
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ralf »

pe1mmk wrote:If thats your position then I can go on spamming any forum that fails to mention a particular situation that I of course can create at any time.
So this mentality is to be condamned, when you do not find a restriction in your particular situation you just spam a forum, nice guy you are. A transistor forum has NOT anything to do with currency at all, so its obvious that you ARE spamming. Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!

Hans
Please do a bit normal.
This is for all the people of the world.
I have post it for the people who also like it to do this that they can be a new member.
Before I post something I always read the FAQ but hen there is now FAQ I can not know if it is ok or not.
pe1mmk

spamming

Post by pe1mmk »

Well obviously you did not read the head of the forum well.
Ralf
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ralf »

pe1mmk wrote:Well obviously you did not read the head of the forum well.
Before there was now FAQ I am sure.
bura
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by bura »

pe1mmk wrote: Our members are very unhappy with this spamming practise. I senserely hope no member of our forum will take action against the spammer(s).
It seems that your members are very sensitive. You talk about ONE post and hope that your forum memebers don't take any action...??? I know it's annoying when someone posts to wrong forum, but still... actions against... sorry, but that sounded quite overactive :)

-bura
pe1mmk

spamming

Post by pe1mmk »

overreacting? oversensitive?
You defenitively have no idea about the annoyance of spamming..............
I really hope you never experience to be the victim of spam.

Hans.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Alright, calm down everyone, will you? Thanks.

To clear some misconceptions, here are some things that should be considered:

1) The address mentioned (www.eurobilltrackersite.tk) is NOT the official EuroBillTracker website, so EuroBillTracker (as a site) has not spammed your forum. The address belongs to EBT user Ralf, and internally it's just another address for http://www.eurobilltracker.eu/index.php?referer=18966. Ralf is just a regular EBT user just like 27000 others, ie. he's not the webmaster or anything. I'm the 2nd webmaster of EBT so I guess I have some authority on this matter.

2) When new EBT users use a referer link like the above, they are added to that person's listing of referred users. The EBT members who have referred other users via that link get no financial benefit from doing so, the only way they can benefit is that if they get enough referred users they'll get their name on the EBT website and that's it (see the bottom right corner of any EBT page).

3) We have specifically asked EBT users to avoid situations where someone might view the advertisement as spamming (see http://www.eurobilltracker.eu/press/new ... _01_en.txt , section "Advertising EuroBillTracker on the net and offline").

4) Personally, I feel a bit divided about the whole issue. It is nice that our users advertise EBT, but on the other hand I feel a bit guilty when someone feels that the advertisement has been done in bad faith, just to annoy the advertisement recipients. The correct response from Ralf would have been to apologize about the incident, but as it feels he's not going to do it I'll have to do it myself on behalf of EuroBillTracker: Sorry if the EBT advertisement caused you grief, this won't happen again.

5) As for the International Transistor Forum header, the following text appears to have been inserted just recently (as witnessed by the Google cache): "Spam is not allowed on this forum, spammers will be banned."

6) I know what being spammed feels, although my experiences have been mostly from the email side of things. I've been collecting spam (so that I could feed it to some Bayesian filter some day) for about two years now, and my spam collection has in excess of 100 000 spams by now.

7) Most forums have some kind of a offtopic part of a forum where offtopic messages and ads for other sites are usually tolerated better. Yours doesn't seem to have one, so perhaps it really would have been wiser to not post the advertisement to your forum.

8) Yes, strictly speaking EBT has nothing to do with your forum, but unless I'm mistaken they have one thing in common: they're both hobbies, with both hobbies having quite a lot of interested users supporting their hobby in one way or another. So I hope you understand that some people may want to get more people involved with EBT.

In conclusion, some of our users should probably calm down a bit and use some more common sense when sending those EBT advertisements (we don't want to be associated with spamming either), and it'd be nice if the International Transistor Forum would accept our apology and continue their lives as before. Unless either of you have anything important to say, I'd suggest stopping this flamewar here. Thanks for your time.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
pe1mmk

spamming

Post by pe1mmk »

Hi Avij

Thanks for your understanding.
Of course we understand that you are not the cause of our annoyance,
just one of your members is.
Lets hope the issue can be closed now and we can enjoy our forums as we did before.

Thanks again,

Kind regards,
Hans.
NoNoise

Post by NoNoise »

Unfortunatly it seems like Ralf is not the only user of this forum, who is spamming other forums.

I deaktivated Rufes account in Silenthardware.de forum because of repeated spamming.

The moderators of this forums should take care that your users are not distributing spam all over the internet.

Because there is no paragraph against spamming in the faq does not mean that this behaviour is accepted.

Post by Guest »

Penalize user with ID=20810 he is spamming at other forums. Nice idea of making your site popular by spam... but I think it only causes the opposite; it makes your site VERY unpopular.
LPires
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by LPires »

Comm'on.... one post is no spam! and if you consider it so, why didn't you spoke directly with the "offender"?

I am just a regular member of this forum, but i've already posted here about other subjects and in other foruns i use i posted about this and there were never any problem.... be adult: if you're de forum moderator, warn the user, erase the message, but don't be a child....

Return to “Forum feedback”