That big empty box

if you have anything to say about this forum, this is the place

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

That big empty box

Post by tabbs »

For some odd reason I have been seeing a big rectangular box at the top of each and every EBT Forum page. Not sure when it was "introduced"; some time in January, I suppose. See the attached screenshot (shrunk, but the box is visible). I am using Safari 6.1.1 on a Mac now; will try some other computer/browser later. Has anybody else experienced that?

Christian
Attachments
ebt_top.jpg
ebt_top.jpg (51.91 KiB) Viewed 3471 times
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: That big empty box

Post by avij »

For what it's worth, my Safari 5.1.10 on Mac shows the page properly. Could some sort of a plugin cause problems like this? Try disabling your plugins (if any) and try again.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: That big empty box

Post by tabbs »

You are right! I use three Safari extensions, and one of them (Kaspersky URL Advisor) apparently causes that effect. With the others being "on", that box looks perfectly normal. Once I turn this advisor on, it turns into that big empty rectangle, and the board controls - links to FAQ, Logout, etc. - are "pushed" to the extreme right.

I noticed that effect in another forum too; seems they use the same board software. Let's see what the Kaspersky people say - and thank you for the helpful hint. :)

Christian

Return to “Forum feedback”