view unread posts.

if you have anything to say about this forum, this is the place

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

view unread posts.

Post by eddydevries »

One of the nice options I use often is the 'button' "view unread posts" (you see them in the forum with all topics).
It's especially useful for large (active) topics.

This option used to add "view=unread#unread" to the url in your browser (for this topic the url would be "viewtopic.php?f=6&t=56607;view=unread#unread").
That's nice if that topic is so active you've some pages "unread". When you've read the posts of that page, you can "refresh" and the next page will turn up (because you haven't read that entire page).

But now the url changes to a direct link to the first unread post in that topic. So you can't go to the next unread posts by refreshing your browser, the url still points to the same post. Because the number of the topic isn't included anymore in the url, you also can't add "view=unread#unread" to it.

Some time ago I noticed that some links still add "view=unread#unread" and other links changes to the link to that particular post. But it seems to me, now all links are changed.

Is it possible to change this?
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: view unread posts.

Post by avij »

There does not seem to be a relevant configuration option for this, and I'd rather not hack the program code for this.

Note that there is a link "First unread post" near the top of the page. Clicking that link will move to the first unread post on the next page.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.

Return to “Forum feedback”