2 €uro commemorative & ALL the series

Facts/News about the Euro can be posted here

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

Licht & Feuer
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: Im Osten des Westens der auch als Süden des Nordens betrachtet wird

Post by Licht & Feuer »

These essays, provas or whatever they are called are nothing but private fantasy-products without any official legitimation and numismatic value.

It shouldn't be allowed that these things become offered as "Euros" or even essais because this gives them an official touch even if the seller states that this is no legal tender coin. :roll:

The similarity with the original is probably just to make money with those collectors who cannot effort the original or to betray people who didn't check the difference.
Here's another strange piece of fa(ke)ntasy: "2 Euro Vatican Treaty Of Rome" - of course offered in the category of official Vatican-coins after Euro-introduction :?
I'm really wondering why these offers did not become deleted, I thought the word "Euro" is protected somehow.
tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tabbs »

Licht & Feuer wrote:I'm really wondering why these offers did not become deleted, I thought the word "Euro" is protected somehow.
Oh well, that's eBay ... As for the term "euro", yes, it is protected in the sense that a medal producer cannot put "2 EURO" on the reverse (where the map is) - that is why you usually see things like "2 E" there.

Christian
starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

edge lettering

Post by starcapitan »

This morning my mother was given as a change J :flag-de: 06 and I have seen that the edge is written.I can't read it but I think it's the same of the "normal" 2 € : EINIGKEIT UND RECHT UND FREIHEIT ; am I right :?:
Do u know if :flag-at: 05, :flag-gr: 04,ToR :flag-si: 07 and :flag-de: 07 have the same edge lettering of the normal ones : "2 EURO" 4 :flag-at: ,"ΕΛΛΗΝΙΚΗ ΔΗΜΟΚΡΑΤΙΑ" 4 :flag-gr: ,"SLOVENIJA" 4 :flag-si: and , as I said , "EINIGKEIT UND RECHT UND FREIHEIT" 4 :flag-de: :?: I have got them in envelopes so I can't see

ciao,andrea
:flag-de: :flag-be: :flag-es: :flag-fr:
Last edited by starcapitan on Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YOUTUBE channel, tracker with 25 hits also internationals and searching for the first triple ;0)
Web Designer della web agency WEDESA :flag-it:
girls legs SUPERFAN
andro
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by andro »

Hey Andrea,

the edge lettering is the same for standard and CC coins. Most defenitelly it's the same for Slovenian ToR coins, these I know the best ;) and from what I recall the other CCs have all the same lettering as well. Therefore you can also get A and B ToR coins from Slovenia.

BTW, I have a couple of UNC ToR from :flag-at: and :flag-pt: and 2007 CC :flag-pt: left for swap, and some other coins as well, should anybody be interrested in swapping.
starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by starcapitan »

Hi andro,
thanks 4 your answer.
Just a few questions : what does it mean . .
CC :?: Commemorative coin :?:
BTW :?: By the way :?:
UNC :?: I have no idea :!:
Thanks

How do you recognize if a 2 € is A or B :?:
I know that u have to put the coin with the national side upwards :arrow: read a 2 and then see the star on its right :arrow: if it has the point upwards it's an A otherwise it's a B ; 4 the ones which have edge lettering that u can read what's written it's an A,if the edge lettering is upside-down it's a B : http://www.lamoneta.it/index.php?act=At ... t&id=29041 , am I right :?:
I know that the minting die of A or B is random,isn't it :?:
What's :flag-pt: edge lettering :?:
Thanks

ciao,andrea
:flag-de: :flag-be: :flag-es: :flag-fr: :flag-si:
Last edited by starcapitan on Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
YOUTUBE channel, tracker with 25 hits also internationals and searching for the first triple ;0)
girls legs SUPERFAN
tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tabbs »

starcapitan wrote:CC :?: Commemorative coin :?:
With regard to CC and BTW you are right; UNC means "uncirculated".
Indeed. Which is why most collectors do not count the two as different varieties. But everybody is free to collect whatever s/he wants. :wink:
"Sul bordo sono incisi i sette castelli e i cinque stemmi presenti sulle facce nazionali delle monete." :mrgreen:

Christian
Dinkietoy
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Dinkietoy »

starcapitan wrote:Hi andro,
thanks 4 your answer.
Just a few questions : what does it mean . .
CC :?: Commemorative coin :?:
Thanks

How do you recognize if a 2 € is A or B :?:
I know that u have to put the coin with the national side upwards :arrow: read a 2 and then see the star on its right :arrow: if it has the point upwards it's an A otherwise it's a B ; 4 the ones which have edge lettering if u can read what's written it's an A,if the edge lettering is upside-down it's a B : http://www.lamoneta.it/index.php?act=At ... t&id=29041 , am I right :?:
Thanks

ciao,andrea
UNC, means: Uncirculated, those are coins who are never been in circulation.
starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by starcapitan »

:flag-lu: will issue for 08 a 2 € CC "Château de Berg", one of the residence of the grand duke Enrico .
I have seen http://www.lamoneta.it/index.php?act=At ... t&id=35426 the CC :flag-pt: 08 , it will be 4 the 60° anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights . I don't like it very much

Last edited by starcapitan on Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
girls legs SUPERFAN
starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by starcapitan »

girls legs SUPERFAN
tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tabbs »

Right, that Saarland design was chosen by the jury in 2006. A larger image is here, by the way: http://www.zwei-euro.com/2-euro/deutsch ... -gross.jpg

The initial "XY" will most likely be replaced by "FB" :wink: since the name of the artist who designed that piece is Friedrich Brenner. The Hamburg coin (2008) has an Πwhich means Erich Ott. The designs for 2010 and later (that "German States" series will run until 2021) are to be picked in a few years. The buildings that will be depicted, however, are already known ...

Christian
starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

German buildings

Post by starcapitan »

Here is the list of the buildings of the :flag-de: 2 € CC http://www.zwei-euro.com/2-euro/deutsch ... uenzen.htm

ciao,andrea

girls legs SUPERFAN
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: German buildings

Post by Jes »

starcapitan wrote:Here is the list of the buildings of the :flag-de: 2 € CC http://www.zwei-euro.com/2-euro/deutsch ... uenzen.htm

ciao,andrea
Very nice!! these buildings are really wonderful! I hope one day I will visit Germany and will see at least one of those! I really like it. And of course, I do like the coins as well.

By the way, I still miss all finland commemoratives (Except for the ToR) and the Italian ones... could anyone help me find it?
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by starcapitan »

which italian coins are u interested to swap . . the divisional=the 8 or the Commemorative Coins :?: ciao
oh..stupid me I sent u a pm..nice function I have to say
girls legs SUPERFAN
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Jes »

starcapitan wrote:which italian coins are u interested to swap . . the divisional=the 8 or the Commemorative Coins :?: ciao
oh..stupid me I sent u a pm..nice function I have to say
Hello! I recived your PM and I sent you another one... anyway, I still miss the commemorative ones. (2 €) :wink:
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by starcapitan »

:flag-it: will mint 4 08 a 2 € CC 4 the 60° anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights as :flag-pt:

ciao,andrea

girls legs SUPERFAN

Return to “Euro-Notes and Coins Board”