2 €uro commemorative & ALL the series

Facts/News about the Euro can be posted here

Moderators: Fons, Phaseolus

Dinkietoy
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Dinkietoy » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:16 pm

I bought the new 2€ coin from San Marino 2007 in a nice blister.
And payed 35€ for it.

Giuseppe Garibaldi 1807 - 1882 (4th edition)

1th edition: 2004 Bartolomeo Borghesi
2nd edition: 2005 Galileo Galilei
3th edition: 2006 Christoforo Colombo

starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by starcapitan » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:34 am

Hi Dinkietoy :lol:
Thank u so much 4 your information about the € shop : could u write down the phone number or the e-mail address please :?: .
The ones u have I still haven't got but I'm getting organized in order to buy them :!: What do you think about your 3 beautiful rare 2€ coins :?: Have u ever found one 2 € commemorative , how did u get to know about them :?: I found 05 :flag-be: in 07 and that all started :!: :!: :mrgreen: I can see in your profile that u have got many hits ( 70 ) ,many notes ( 6390 ) - congratulations - but that u haven't seen any :note-200: & :note-500: u will be upset :!: They are beautiful 8)

Just to say,it's written also on the envelopes : G :flag-de: 06 and D :flag-de: 07 and with all the other 14 that are coming up maybe I will have of all the 5 :flag-de: mints ( lettera A = zecca di Berlino; lettera D = zecca di Monaco; lettera F = zecca di Stoccarda; lettera G = zecca di Karlsruhe; lettera J = zecca di Amburgo )
I DON'T KNOW wheather the five 07 I have : ToR :flag-fi: & :flag-it: , :flag-lu: , :flag-pt: and :flag-de: still present the "old"common side or they have the "new"one.
:flag-fi: will make two 2 € commemorative for 07 :!: as :flag-lu: , :flag-pt: , :flag-de:

Out of topic : I have three 1 USDollars and THERE IS NOTHING AGAINST THE LIGHT and THERE ISN'T THE WATERMARK :!: :!: :!: I can't believe it 8O
Even the old italian LIRA had both

I thank u tabbs 4 your answers that I found very interesting and helpful

ciao,andrea
topic maker
:flag-eu:
FB profilo , 24 hits anche internationals, searching for the first triple ;0)
Segnalatore del 1° tracciatore di Liegi e di Varazze
girls legs SUPERFAN

tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tabbs » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:10 pm

starcapitan wrote:Out of topic : I have three 1 USDollars and THERE IS NOTHING AGAINST THE LIGHT and THERE ISN'T THE WATERMARK :!: :!: :!: I can't believe it 8O
Well, the US $1 note is not really worth that much - about 70 (euro-)cent these days. Guess it would simply be too costly to redesign such a low value bill now. The "higher" notes, however ($5 and above), have been or will soon be updated/redesigned with new security features:

$1 - no changes planned
$2 - no changes planned (fairly rare in circulation anyway)
$5 - has just been updated, in circulation as from early 2008
$10 - was updated in early 2006
$20 - was updated in late 2003
$50 - was updated in late 2004
$100 - next note to be updated (fairly rare in circulation)

The new US notes still have the same size for all denominations, but they did add some color. See http://www.moneyfactory.gov/newmoney/ for more info, interactive presentations etc.

Christian
Last edited by tabbs on Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dinkietoy
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Dinkietoy » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:14 pm

starcapitan wrote:Hi Dinkietoy :lol:
Thank u so much 4 your information about the € shop : could u write down the phone number or the e-mail address please :?: .
The ones u have I still haven't got but I'm getting organized in order to buy them :!: What do you think about your 3 beautiful rare 2€ coins :?: Have u ever found one 2 € commemorative , how did u get to know about them :?: I found 05 :flag-be: in 07 and that all started :!: :!: :mrgreen: I can see in your profile that u have got many hits ( 70 ) ,many notes ( 6390 ) - congratulations - but that u haven't seen any :note-200: & :note-500: u will be upset :!: They are beautiful 8)

Just to say,it's written also on the envelopes : G :flag-de: 06 and D :flag-de: 07 and with all the other 14 that are coming up maybe I will have of all the 5 :flag-de: mints ( lettera A = zecca di Berlino; lettera D = zecca di Monaco; lettera F = zecca di Stoccarda; lettera G = zecca di Karlsruhe; lettera J = zecca di Amburgo )
I DON'T KNOW wheather the five 07 I have : ToR :flag-fi: & :flag-it: , :flag-lu: , :flag-pt: and :flag-de: still present the "old"common side or they have the "new"one.
:flag-fi: will make two 2 € commemorative for 07 :!: as :flag-lu: , :flag-pt: , :flag-de:

Out of topic : I have three 1 USDollars and THERE IS NOTHING AGAINST THE LIGHT and THERE ISN'T THE WATERMARK :!: :!: :!: I can't believe it 8O
Even the old italian LIRA had both

I thank u tabbs 4 your answers that I found very interesting and helpful

ciao,andrea
topic maker
I wrote this down from the flyer I found:
Huis Albert & Euroboutique
Jezusstraat 7
2000 Antwerpen
Belgium
phone: 0032 3 232.11.21
Fax: 0032 3 231.85.61
email: Peter.eyckmans@skynet.be
Open at monday 1200-1800
thuesday, friday and saturday 1000-1800

The best you can do is sending a fax, because Peter rarely opens his emailinbox I guess.
He speaks English, Frensh, German and of course Dutch

CC
Dinkietoy

I also send you a email.
Please confirm when you received it.

starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by starcapitan » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:53 pm

Hi again Dinkietoy,
I received your e-mail :mrgreen:
Thanks so much 4 your information about the € shop :lol:
ciao,andrea

I got my coins at GHIGLIONE , in GENOA
info@ghiglione.it
girls legs SUPERFAN

Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Swapping...

Post by Jes » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:48 am

Is anyone interested on the Spanish D. Quixote 2 € coin?

I would like to swap it because I still miss all the commemorative coins from Finland (except for the ToR) and Italian commemoratives 2004 & 2005
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)

starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

vatican & s.marino coins

Post by starcapitan » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:28 pm

Is wellknowm that I am a TOTAL € COLLECTOR ( not gold and silver ones ).
I am trying , after visiting http://www.vatican.va :arrow: INFO , to get in touch with the " Ufficio Filatelico e Numismatico"in order to buy the Vatican City 8 coins(3 series).I have tried 4 months phoning 06-69883708 , I sent a fax to 06-69883799 and I sent 1 e-mail to ufn@scv.va :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: NOTHING : nobody answered never :!: :!: :!: I got informed by the switchboard 06-6982 that they don't answer EVEN TO THEM . "Poste Vaticane"in "Piazza S.Pietro"told me that they sell them - only with a subscription - does anyone know anything :?: I don't even know if a trip to Rome might solve the problem :!: :evil: :!:

I think that soon I will have the S.Marino 8s in Savona - Liguria
ciao,andrea

:flag-de: :flag-be: :flag-es:
Last edited by starcapitan on Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
girls legs SUPERFAN

tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tabbs » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:15 pm

The homepage of the UFN (Italian language version) is here:
http://www.vaticanstate.va/IT/Servizi/U ... /index.htm

See the "Contatti - UFN" link for some info about their phone/fax numbers. Seems those numbers are different from the ones you have ... problem is that they are unlikely to take phone/fax orders anyway. :(

The UFN is even testing an online store, see http://www.vaticanstate.va/IT/Shop/
But I assume that they will primarily sell stamps and souvenirs there, or maybe coins that are not much sought after. You could try and send a letter (you know, that old fashioned paper/envelope/stamp thing :wink: ) to the UFN and ask to be added to their mailing list ...

Christian

starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by starcapitan » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:22 pm

I got this morning in Savona the 8 divisional brand-new coins of S.Marino 2006 http://www.ecb.int/bc/euro/coins/html/sm.it.html . I paid 67 € 4 them : in the set there is also the 925 :note-5: silver 06 "Melchiorre Delfico" http://catalogo-euro.lamoneta.it/moneta/W-SMA/12 .
Luckily the coins of the Repubblic of "Titano mountain" won't change.
I like them all :arrow: I am :D 8) :lol:
ciao,andrea

Last edited by starcapitan on Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.
girls legs SUPERFAN

starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by starcapitan » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:40 pm

I have seen on Ebay ( http://cgi.ebay.it/NOVITA-MONACO-2-EURO ... dZViewItem ) the essai of the 2 € commemorative 08 Monaco :!: Does anyone know who are the faces represented on the coin :?:
ciao , andrea

:flag-it: :flag-eu:

girls legs SUPERFAN

Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:44 pm

starcapitan wrote:I have seen on Ebay ( http://cgi.ebay.it/NOVITA-MONACO-2-EURO ... dZViewItem ) the essai of the 2 € commemorative 08 Monaco :!: Does anyone know who are the faces represented on the coin :?:
ciao , andrea

:flag-it: :flag-eu:

I guess : Prince Rainier + his wife, Grace Kelly and their son who is now the new Prince (but I can't remember his name :roll: )

tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tabbs » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:25 pm

Easy to keep in mind, hehe. Like most of the recent so-called essai pieces (which are actually medals, nothing official) this one comes from Belgium. What is the name of the Belgian king? Albert. :lol:

Christian

starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

essai 08 Monaco

Post by starcapitan » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:38 pm

STRANGE that in the image of the 08 Monaco essai the STARS are 9 :!: :!: :!: :?: :?: :roll: VERY STRANGE
ciao,andrea

:flag-de: :flag-be: :flag-es: :flag-fr:
Last edited by starcapitan on Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
girls legs SUPERFAN

tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tabbs » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:42 pm

As I mentioned, the terms "Essai" or "Probe" are misleading here. Those are privately made medals, not official issues. If you had the resources, you could make your own fantasy pieces and call them "essai" ...

Christian

starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

essaies

Post by starcapitan » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:57 pm

I have seen 1 essai 4 Monaco 07 ( http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... otohosting ) , at least it has the 12 stars :!: But a question :
it is very similar to the "official"one ( http://www.ecb.int/bc/euro/coins/comm/h ... 07.en.html ) so :arrow: Can these ESSAIES tell us something - I don't know how - about the "official"ones - I mean : the SUBJECT is the same - ( I have seen here http://forum.eurobilltracker.eu/viewtopic.php?t=10089 that there are other 2 essaies 4 Monaco 07 : they both represent a woman , 1 the face and the other the left profile )OR it is just a case :?:

ciao,andrea
:flag-de: :flag-be: :flag-es: :flag-fr:
Last edited by starcapitan on Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
girls legs SUPERFAN

Return to “Euro-Notes and Coins Board”